GRAVITY FALLS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
12_dipper_is_me.gif

Anyone watch it?

I heard about it in passing during a Spill.com podcast, and I just checked it out because I really love Regular Show and Adventure Time.

I fell in love after the first episode. For those of you who don't know, The show is about these two 12 year old twins who go and stay with their shady con-man theif uncle Stan in Gravity Falls, Oragon. When they get there, they quickly realize **** ain't what it seems, and a lot of weird things happen.

The animation is so crisp, and fluid, the character motions are hilarious, and very natural. The humor is the same way, it's never forced, and it's never Family Guy style random.

It reminds me of Invader Zim. The jokes get really edgy, and out there, and has a few references to a **** ton of stuff kids won't get. But they use them well.

tumblr_m914ftCRRa1qdc29lo1_500.jpg

All the main characters are memorable and funny. There's not one character that isn't likable. The character of Mabel should be a character I hate. She's goofy, she yells, she's almost oblivious to things around her....yet she's incredibly charming and hilarious.

tumblr_m67qknDGFN1rzw44ro4_500.gif

Dipper is a nicer, more down to earth Dib. I caught it subconsciously. Then he made a reference to his head.

And Grunkle Stan is the worst role model for kids. They make constant references to him pulling off heists, and he has no consequences for it.

, Dipper pretty much states that revenge is underrated and awesome. That's great.

The show also has this really semi creepy vibe under the surface. There's a ton of secrets located within the show, and at the end of every episode there is a coded sentence you could figure out. There's a grander conspiracy going on....it's really intriguing.

So yeah, tl;dr It's a great show, and you should watch it.

S1e5_gif_cooler_monster.gif

And the last episode is ****ing awesome beyond all belief.

tumblr_mbhk0gYbDY1r6qtk7.png

tumblr_mb3i8bVN1m1rwbikfo1_500.gif

It's worth your time. Aside from being fun, and cute looking, it really doesn't come across as a kids show to me. It deals with themes about growing up, stuff you rarely see in a show like this. And it's realistic, in terms of that. Which I admire. I get more out of Gravity Falls, then I do Dexter currently. :monkey4

Plus, it's not afraid to get dark, and scary. And not shy away from saying "I'm going to KILL you".

looking at how most figures of american animated shows turn out, i hope not. At least give it to a better company than Jazzwares or whatever.

This and The Regular show are great...My favorite episodes are the Minataur and the Wax guys coming to life

^ Double Dipper and the Halloween one for me.

But the Manotaur one is awesome. And I definitely love the Headhunters episode. Coolio and Larry King...:lol

Babba.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdniBY3as-4[/ame]

Hahaha.

I love the call backs like the time travers pig, you see the time traveler guy featured in that episode in other episodes cleaning up the mess caused during TTP.

Watched this for the first time last night with my son and we loved it! We caught the manotaur one and I thought it was hilarious! Looking forward to the dvd/blu-ray release.

This thread should be in the Movies/TV section...you know, so that people will actually see it.

Another great episode this morning. My son and I watched the wax museum episode :)

^ I like that one. Coolio and Larry King. :lol

I also love how dark the show is. It doesn't shy away from having the villains want to KILL the kids.

Plus, that creepy under the surface vibe is great.
Double Dipper is the most fun. Fight Fighters is the funniest, and the Halloween one is the coolest. Easily so far.

Back