Hulk Grey PF Good Luck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dassy

Private Member
Reaction score
Decided to cancel my Order.

Good Luck,hope someone on the Board gets it.:confused: :confused: :confused:

:monkey2

Cancelled,LMK if someone has the waitlist turned!:chew

SolidLiquidFox said:
is this a sick joke? :D

No,the more I think about it,I would rather have Ole Greenie!.
Besides Sharks eat Dolphins for breakie!lol

With the rest of my pre-orders due in the 1st Qtr of '07 I don't know how I'm going to afford this one either. I hope I have a very nice birthday.

I would cancelled all my other orders before this one...Gray Hulk rules !!!

Marvel is 4th on my list as far as collectibles so it would go first, especially with a $450 price tag (including shipping).

Darth Loki said:
With the rest of my pre-orders due in the 1st Qtr of '07 I don't know how I'm going to afford this one either. I hope I have a very nice birthday.

Yeah that was the main reason,Too much comming in.
Decided on a Aliens Warrior bust instead.:D

Hulk is Green IMO,and mind.lol

Last edited:
sunlitdolphinsoj5.jpg

Khev said:
My understanding was that he was drawn grey for his first appearance but APPEARED green due to a coloring error. People liked it so the color stuck.
from what I understand. He was originally supposed to be grey, but the printers had trouble printing the grey, so he was changed to green strictly to make him easier to print. and its stuck ever since.

could be wrong though. feel free to correct me.

occulum said:
from what I understand. He was originally supposed to be grey, but the printers had trouble printing the grey, so he was changed to green strictly to make him easier to print. and its stuck ever since.

could be wrong though. feel free to correct me.

This is what I always believed to be true. The printers had trouble with the Grey ink and then changed him to green. That's why I think the grey version of the PF really sets itself apart from the green. Isn't this due in the 4th Qtr, now that I think about it? Hmm, I should be getting a nice x-mas bonus.

So when Hulk #1 first shipped the Hulk that was pictured inside was green, correct? Was it not until the 80's then that readers actually saw him in grey?

occulum said:
1st apperance Hulk

180px-Incrediblehulk1.jpg
Well there you go. I just became MUCH happier about securing the Exclusive. I'd read all those early issues but they were in the Marvel Essentials series which only reprints them in black and white.

Okay next question, what was the first issue he actually appeared green then? :D

Last edited:
It's a matter of choosing what's the best one for you.

Take the green version which is the iconic standard Hulk most people know. It is also the one the color this Jack Kirby based sculpt is based on: green. If you want accuracy to what this is based on then green is the one to get.

Or...

Take the grey version which is what the first appearance of the character was. The original so to speak. A lot of people argue that it looks better in grey but I am not convinced about that. At this particular scale, those bright blue pants just don't look right to me. I also think a lot of people that secured a grey want the grey to look better because of it's limited nature. I don't see a lot of folks being hardcore comics fans to support the "authenticity" of Hulk looking like his first appearance. 179 seems to be the main reason in my opinion. I could be wrong.

yeah. for THIS one I prefer the grey. Im not sure how the production paint will look, but I hope its like the proto pics. Cause I think it looks great. The sculpt is a classic and goes great with the classic Kirby-ish sculpt. Andy did a great job capturing a timeless Hulk that could go perfectly with either green or grey.

its like Solid said, its which ever one you like personally that matters. Even the sculptor himself said he thinks the green is the more iconic Hulk.

I just hope the grey paint from the factory looks better than the grey paint-up on the vs Dio. ... ( dont take that wrong Solid, I know you cuddle up with yours every night. thats just my opinion :lol )

Back