Some Originial Freddy Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Original 'Nightmare' To Return To Theaters -- For Two Days
In advance of its release on DVD, Wes Craven's original Freddy Krueger horror flick A Nightmare on Elm Street will be shown in 124 theaters across the country for two days only, Sept. 20 and 21, New Line announced Wednesday. In addition to the digitally remastered film, the theaters will be showing a reel of "Freddy's Best Kills," from seven Krueger sequels -- a reel, said New Line studios, "that can be seen only in theaters during this special event." Tickets are being sold online by www.BigScreenBoxOffice.com for $10.00.

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Awesome news...To bad it wont come to my crap whole town:monkey4 I will definitely pick up the DVD though!!!

Last edited:
well thats really cool.
but it's showing in only a couple po-dunk towns around me. :confused:

hairlesswookiee said:
are they gonna re-release all the movies?? that would rock!!!

Not to the best of my knowledge. New Line is releasing a 2-Disc "Infinifilm" edition of the original Nightmare on Elm Street, and that's why the original is being shown in this special limited engagement.

Fortunately, the local Cinemark 20 is showing it here in NE Pennsylvania, which is only a 20 minute drive up I-81 for me, so my wife and I are going to see it. We're both in our mid-20s, so we never saw the original in a theater before (we were 3-4 years old in 1984).

don_of_the_dead said:
I"m gonna try to go (gonna be wiped out $$ wise right after Crypticon Minneapolis)
how was that dinner Don?
get any pics to show?

Saw that this was going to be playing where I live. They have been advertising advance tickets for about a month. Still don't know if I am going to go though.

COOL! :rock2

I work in Gainesville,FL... and it's showing in town! I just might have to swing some tickets and force my Fiance into going! I'd love to see that movie on the big screen, I was very very young when it came out.

Atlantic Station GA here I come!!!! This is great news. I own the DVD but I have never had the oportunity to see it on the big screen. Fantastic news!!!

Cheers,

Brad

This really is good news. I'm a huge NOES fan, and would kill to see in on a big screen. Sadly... this is how things went for me....

"WOO HOO!! NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET ON THE BIG SCREEN!! I gotta go to this. Let's see..... theater locator.... zip code... now, let's see the results...ah. 84 miles to the nearest one..... AW ****!"

And why is it playing on a Wednesday and Thursday? Why not Friday and Saturday when people have the time to see it. If I didn't have school the next day, I would definetly go.

EDIT: oh yeah, did you guys know about this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GETUDI/sr=8-15/qid=1156734266/ref=sr_1_15/002-1250522-2511267?ie=UTF8

occulum said:
how was that dinner Don?
get any pics to show?

Hasn't happened yet, Sept. 14-17 they're in town.

worry not I'll have TONS of pics (and maybe some video)
(I wouldn't have some of my favorite horror stars ever to my house and not take pics!)

Back