PDA

View Full Version : how many of you are getting all Avengers figures released?

quiggle
10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I just want to see how many of you are getting all the figures, if not is it awkward to have only a couple and not the whole collection or does being a collector make it mandatory to buy them all? thanks.

HTfreak2012
10-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I am getting them all

Voorhees27
10-07-2012, 05:30 PM
What are you referring to? Hot Toys? Mattel? Sideshow? Etc?

Ron_Burgundy
10-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm gonna try to get the whole line. I have all of the preordered now but I might stop once the new movies start rolling out and just keep getting the iron men and villians.

quiggle
10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
how much does it look to factor in if you are getting the whole line? around 1,000$?

lobox42
10-07-2012, 05:36 PM
[B]I GET ALL!! :)
BTW I PO all heroes figures... ;)

EVILFACE
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Not a damn one of them by anyone.

the whale
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm in for the whole cast minus the chitari foot soldier

SixthScaleEdward
10-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Getting Hawkeye yesterday just tipped me back into getting the whole team plus Loki :lol
More than just completing the team, I think HT is doing a good job with the minor characters as well.

Darkseed
10-07-2012, 06:07 PM
No interest in the entire line up. Cap, Thor, Loki and IM (minimum) will have other versions from their independent films or the sequel. I'll get NF, BW, Hawkeye because less chance of them being made along with Hulk. Just because he is Hulk....

quiggle
10-07-2012, 06:07 PM
so what happens with the sequel and beyond will you get the same core characters again

Solarsailor
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Just Fury for me. I'm not a fan of lashing out $200 + for pieces that I will need just to collect a team.

Most likely I'll probably just get Iron Man to go with Fury and possibly regular Capt down the line.

I don't like Hawkeye, Thor or Widow - That's half the team. Loki looks sweet but would be out of place going on the above info.

SixthScaleEdward
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
No interest in the entire line up. Cap, Thor, Loki and IM (minimum) will have other versions from their independent films or the sequel. I'll get NF, BW, Hawkeye because less chance of them being made along with Hulk. Just because he is Hulk....

:goodpost:

There's no guarantee that the sequel will have the same hype
that pushed HT to produce the entire team.

quiggle
10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
so those who are only collecting a couple not whole set dont you feel akward looking at them that its not complete or better yet having a friend come over and wondering the same?

Darkseed
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
No, I have the SHIELD crew and that's for the moment.

TechLife
10-07-2012, 06:27 PM
As most everyone knows, I'm an IM completest so of course I'm picking up the MK VII. Otherwise, I have already P/O'd Hulk, Thor, Capt & Loki. That's enough for me. Nothing against the other actors/characters but in my mind, that is complete.

Of course if they release Coulson, I may have to pick him up just for fun but he'd hang out with my custom Tony and hopefully someday, Pepper. :wink1:

The Skull
10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Looks like just the hulk for me, i'm good on all the others. I'm happy with IM mark 4, captain america FA and rescue, no interest in fury, hawkeye, widow, loki, thor, random alien, agent tulson, thank goodness for my wallet:lol

Ninjaknight
10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Only Hulk and Cap. I will wait for the new Thor.

Solarsailor
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
so those who are only collecting a couple not whole set dont you feel akward looking at them that its not complete or better yet having a friend come over and wondering the same?

Until about 6 months ago 98.5% of the population didn't know who The Avengers where, let alone who was in the team.

The better (IMO) pieces in the team all have individual franchises anyway.

Cruel Angel
10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
so what happens with the sequel and beyond will you get the same core characters again

Not me. Just getting the team from this one, and that's it. Any other figures will be other characters that I like from the solo movies. I'm hoping they make more Asgardians like Sif, Warriors 3... and especially the main baddie from Thor 2- would love an Ecc figure.

However, I'd have to go 'all in' again if they decide to do all the Guardians.

quiggle
10-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Not me. Just getting the team from this one, and that's it. Any other figures will be other characters that I like from the solo movies. I'm hoping they make more Asgardians like Sif, Warriors 3... and especially the main baddie from Thor 2- would love an Ecc figure.

but how do you know if the team from the first is the best like what happens if the sequel Hot Toys makes a Hulk of better materials and if Hawkeye wears something that will cover ugly elbow and wrist joints, will you sell the ones you have to get the better looking ones?

TechLife
10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Will you sell the ones you have to get the better looking ones?

Yep. Sure will.

Solarsailor
10-07-2012, 07:10 PM
but how do you know if the team from the first is the best like what happens if the sequel Hot Toys makes a Hulk of better materials and if Hawkeye wears something that will cover ugly elbow and wrist joints, will you sell the ones you have to get the better looking ones?

You can't bank on the future. If you want an Avengers team you should buy this one. They will keep the value and pieces like Hawkeye and Fury (with original case) may end up as hard to find items in a years time.

Black Magic
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Sounds to me like the OP is hesitant getting the whole group, because he or she may not like some of the Avengers. My advice: Don't complete a line for the sake of completion. Only put the one's on the shelf that you need there. If you need them all because you like them all, that's awesome. But, you won't be any less of a 1/6 enthusiast for leaving out the one's you don't like.

And yes, you can bank on Hot Toys making the entire team again for the sequel. The Avengers did some stupid numbers at the box office, and I'm certain the second will do better than the first, so unless you're absolutely in love with the aesthetics of these Avengers, wait for the next batch. Hot Toys are produced in such high numbers these days, that there will always be some for sale somewhere for retail (or below in some cases).

Niltusk
10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I've got the non Avengers Avengers. :lol
Sticking with movie Thor and Cap, will get Iron Man, Hulk, Hawk and Widow from the movie versions.

Haloid1177
10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
All except Chitauri. Have Fury already.

Ultra8294
10-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Go BIG or go home...
I'm in for them all

mr.x
10-07-2012, 08:06 PM
I've pre-ordered all of them minus ironman, I'm happy with the one I have. Saw the new costume design of Thor and may decide to upgrade to that one down the line, he looks like my ideal version of Thor. Debating about Coulson though. Passing on Chitauri.

Ninjaknight
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I've pre-ordered all of them minus ironman, I'm happy with the one I have. Saw the new costume design of Thor and may decide to upgrade to that one down the line, he looks like my ideal version of Thor. Debating about Coulson though. Passing on Chitauri.

Yep the Thor 2 costume is my fav aswell.

Viking Spawn
10-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I just want to see how many of you are getting all the figures, if not is it awkward to have only a couple and not the whole collection or does being a collector make it mandatory to buy them all? thanks.

You betcha. I'm buying whatever HT decides to make! I love the movie and all of the characters too. They each had chemistry which blended well and made them all likeable for me!

how much does it look to factor in if you are getting the whole line? around 1,000$?

My guess currently? $1000 to $1500.

As long as they look fantastic like the current series.... Absolutely. :wink1:

Mr. EcKo
10-07-2012, 10:06 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/baseball_for_life/goose.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp78/visualbasicwizard/GooseEgg.jpg

guy66657
10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm getting everyone except for Fury, a Chitauri, or Coulson

Hydeous
10-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I dunno yet. Have to see my wallet when the time comes.

7166charlie
10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Got all of them on order and already fully paid for so i can now relax and wait for releases, fury is here waiting for his team to arrive

leafster
10-07-2012, 11:21 PM
PO CA, IM VII and Hulk. Already sold Fury and finding someone to takeover my Hulk PO.

Dollmanron
10-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm getting the Ironman MK 7 (because I get all the Ironmans except for repaints), passed on the Avenger MK 6 (I can make that just by buying a MK IV Tony head, neck, and armor collar for my Ironman II MK IV; which I did), Nick Fury (already have), Hawkeye (got my first notice from Sideshow), Hulk (pre-ordered) and Loki (I decided I need a few Bad guys in my collection).

What I want be getting is Captain America (I already have the TFA version (with a custom empty helmet and an Rescue version head sculpt, I do want the battle Damaged shield thought), Black Widow (I've already got the Ironman II version) or Thor (I already have the first Thor, but I'm thinking of trying to pick up the new Hammer).

When the Chitauri Foot Soldier comes up for pre-order I'm going to pass on it, but I will be ordering Agent Coulson (he just ties so many of the Marvel movie characters together, hes a must for me).

Vaako
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
i'm passing on Coulson, Chitauri soldier and the Hulk

edheng
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I have them all on PO...Coulson and Chitauri...I will see what happens when the previews come out...

I lack Fury now and I am sort of regretting it...may get him off eBay

Viking Spawn
10-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Got all of them on order and already fully paid for so i can now relax and wait for releases, fury is here waiting for his team to arrive

Where did you buy yours again? Sorry if I asked already.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't know if you're serious, but that's me ^.

Not fussed on any of them. :huh :lol

subzro
10-08-2012, 02:25 AM

:exactly: I would like Sif also. I am in for the whole team. I absolutely loved the movie and the characters. I will also get Coulson and (depending on price) a Chitauri.

I'm not worried about it and doubt I would sell them. I am not one that needs the latest and greatest. I am not going to wait 3 years to see if like the next figures better and another 3 years to see if i like the figures from the Avengers 3 better, etc

The next movie is 2 1/2 years away. So if HT is still in business ( :dunno) and if they release the figures on the same schedule as this movie, it will be 3 1/2 years before all the figures are in hand.

That gives me a long long time before I have to even think about it.

I am looking forward to see how they do a 1/6 Ant Man.

quiggle
10-08-2012, 04:06 AM
how come a lot of you are saying Iron Man when aren't there two or three versions released with the Avengers base?

galmando
10-08-2012, 04:26 AM
I recently received Fury and have everyone but Hawkeye and Black Widow on order

I'm not sure how I'll feel when I assemble my Avengers without those 2 figure, I'm hoping I don't regret it

By the time the reset of the team are out I suspect Hawkeye may have gone up considerably

quiggle
10-08-2012, 04:37 AM
so is the strategy some of you are suggesting is to get those whose debut figures like Hawkeyes, Fury And Hulk and the rest later on since there value will remain near retail because of there other movies?

Ninjaknight
10-08-2012, 05:21 AM
I am not worried about NF, HE or BW

My Avengers will consist of:

- Cap
- Iron man
- Thor
- Hulk
- War machine
- Amazing spidey

edheng
10-08-2012, 06:31 AM
how come a lot of you are saying Iron Man when aren't there two or three versions released with the Avengers base?

Iron MEN then :)

I already have the MK 6 for the Avengers and the 7 will replace him on the lineup while MK 6 will go to the Iron Man 2 shelf (missed the IM2 one)

choopie
10-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm buying just the Cap figures, and that also includes HT's efforts on his individual movies. I like Iron Man, but I prefer his Mark III and Mark V armor the most, and I'd rather have statues of those rather than figures. Even though I loved the movie, I'm not enough of a fan of the other characters to drop $200 plus on the figures.

peterparkernypd
10-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Im getting every little thing Avengers related that HT ever announce!!!

Ultron-7
10-08-2012, 06:49 AM
getting them all minus any Chitauri. Will do the same for Avengers 2.
Will only get Thanos, Ultron and Ant-man from the films inbetween if they get made. *Subject to change* :rotfl

mikericm
10-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Is it against the board rules to use punctuation?

WTF!!!!!

Niltusk
10-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Is it against the board rules to use punctuation?

WTF!!!!!

No rule, most people just aren't douchey enough to care. :lecture

Darthgothikus
10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm happy with my OG Capt A, Thor & MkIV iron Man. I've pre-ordered the rest (except Hawkkeye).

Might cave on HE if I see a good deal and might go for another Capt....

Getting Coulson, not fussed on alien.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
10-08-2012, 08:46 AM

I don't know if you're serious, but that's me ^.

Not fussed on any of them. :huh :lol

The interesting ones will be done again and again and again, makes them not special anymore.

Until about 6 months ago 98.5% of the population didn't know who The Avengers where, let alone who was in the team.

The better (IMO) pieces in the team all have individual franchises anyway.

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost:

I'm sticking with TFA Cap, Iron Man MK IV, and may go for the Thor 2 figure as i haven't been intersted in the current figures of Thor. I'll wait for the next Hulk to see if i should get one and i certainly won't be getting Fury, Hawkeye, or Black Widow because they're not really Fury, Hawkeye or Widow and absolutely not getting boring as **** Coldsore or that Ultimate comics alien thing

Vaako
10-08-2012, 10:13 AM
what about agent Hill ? any news on her?

Haloid1177
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
what about agent Hill ? any news on her?

None. And at this point, she probably isn't.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
The interesting ones will be done again and again and again, makes them not special anymore.
Mate - as far as I'm concerned, they already did their best Cap & Iron Man when they released TFA Cap & mk.IV Iron Man. Beautiful figures, & the most iconic looks for both, so I'm glad I got them. :)

Now - Spidey.. that's where you & I differ I think. :lol

Grand Admiral Thrawn
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Hulk, Hawkeye, Mark VII, Nick Fury and Loki, for the others I will use the single movie versions.

shells075
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
If I get 1 then I will need all of them so I will be getting 0. :crying

VintijDroidGutzz
10-08-2012, 11:24 AM
If I get 1 then I will need all of them..
But.. why? :dunno :lol

Get what you....... like. :peace

Uncanny Web-Slinger
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
I am not worried about NF, HE or BW

My Avengers will consist of:

- Cap
- Iron man
- Thor
- Hulk
- War machine
- Amazing spidey

That'll make for a good shelf team, though i'd add an X-Man in there somewhere.

Viking Spawn
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Im getting every little thing Avengers related that HT ever announce!!!

:exactly:

None. And at this point, she probably isn't.

:(

But I'm still hoping. :pray:

CTO15
10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I got all the avengers PO minus Thor. Eventually I'll get Thor, hopefully at a better price then he's going for. Just cuz I think he's the weakest of the bunch, so far...

mikericm
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
No rule, most people just aren't douchey enough to care. :lecture

Thanks for the kind words. I don't recall insulting anyone like you just did. No need to be a jerk.

And the comment is made based on the fact that it would make some posts comprehendable.

quiggle
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
well I asked my parents today and they said no way they are going to let me spend around thousand to get all the figures so Im very deflated now. what is the best alternative then? should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

greygoose
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
well I asked my parents today and they said no way they are going to let me spend around thousand to get all the figures so Im very deflated now. what is the best alternative then? should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

Get a job cutting lawns or delivering papers and start saving.:lecture

Darthgothikus
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM

Get a job cutting lawns or delivering papers and start saving.:lecture

Rob old folk, they don't need the cash. You do need the toys. :stick

Viking Spawn
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM

Take Goose's advice. There is still plenty of time to save up. Depending upon how old you are, get a job and try to build up a savings account. But be careful not to blow it instead. Its very easy to do at a young age. :wink1:

Apone
10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Thor, cap, hulk, mark VII...have mark vi

Haloid1177
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Work. I'd imagine I'm close to your age, and between Christmas, an upcoming graduation, and a rather lucrative summer job, I was able to manage it. Just start working. It'll add up.

TechLife
10-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

Personally, if I had to choose just one, I would take my favorite. I like them all very much but IM is my favorite.

Otherwise, I'm with the rest of these guys in their opinion. Odd jobs, real job, prostitution, whatever it takes... :wink1:

Viking Spawn
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Work. I'd imagine I'm close to your age, and between Christmas, an upcoming graduation, and a rather lucrative summer job, I was able to manage it. Just start working. It'll add up.

I like you're thinking.... Now could you do me a favor and teach some of your work ethic to my step-daughter? The term "work" is like foreign language to her and she's almost an adult too. :gah: :banghead

Haloid1177
10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I like you're thinking.... Now could you do me a favor and teach some of your work ethic to my step-daughter? The term "work" is like foreign language to her and she's almost an adult too. :gah: :banghead

Sure. I got to the eighth grade, and I was collecting Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers heavily. My parents were just like, "Buy your own ****." So I got a job. Once senior year rolled around, my last hurrah was splurging my savings for Hot Toys, as I know being able to afford these in college will be pretty impossible. I like being able to collect, so it increased my work ethic. Then I come onto these boards and am like, "Jesus, all these people are older than me, but I swear they ***** a lot more often."

nexus
10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
No interest in the Chitauri unless they show up cheap in secondary. On the fence on Caulson depending on price, but have pre-ordered all the others.

Viking Spawn
10-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Sure. I got to the eighth grade, and I was collecting Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers heavily. My parents were just like, "Buy your own ****." So I got a job. Once senior year rolled around, my last hurrah was splurging my savings for Hot Toys, as I know being able to afford these in college will be pretty impossible. I like being able to collect, so it increased my work ethic. Then I come onto these boards and am like, "Jesus, all these people are older than me, but I swear they ***** a lot more often."

I wish you were my kid. And I wish there were more like you. :clap

Dollmanron
10-08-2012, 11:48 PM

I started collecting when I was five, now I'm forty nine and still buying; not as much as I used to but what I still buy is just more expensive. When my kids were little buying them toys was easy, most of the time they liked what I liked, but when my daughter got older I had to let her mom pick her presents because I didn't have a clue anymore. When my Son got older it was the same except from time to time he still gets a few. He just pays for them himself now.

Viking Spawn
10-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I started collecting when I was five, now I'm forty nine and still buying; not as much as I used to but what I still buy is just more expensive. When my kids were little buying them toys was easy, most of the time they liked what I liked, but when my daughter got older I had to let her mom pick her presents because I didn't have a clue anymore. When my Son got older it was the same except from time to time he still gets a few. He just pays for them himself now.

I started collecting when I was 8... Namely the original Star Wars toys from the 70's. Still wish I had them all. :(

Now I'm 42 and still love buying things. Except now I buy higher end stuff meant for the adult collector. :wink1:

Haloid1177
10-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I wish you were my kid. And I wish there were more like you. :clap

Thanks man. I started collecting when I was 3, and just never stopped. It sometimes amazes me how people my age, who are usually so judgemental, actually appreciate the Hot Toys figures.

Viking Spawn
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks man. I started collecting when I was 3, and just never stopped. It sometimes amazes me how people my age, who are usually so judgemental, actually appreciate the Hot Toys figures.

Which is a great thing. You guys are the next generation of HT collectors and ensure they'll be around for a long time. :yess:

Darthgothikus
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM
GROUP HUG!

:grouphug

I feel all fuzzy!

Doctor Detroit
10-09-2012, 03:20 PM
At the moment I've only got Cap and Iron Man mkvii on pre-order as soon as they announce a Bruce Banner figure I'll be all in for the rest.

KillKen
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I have all preordered but if I need to drop one it'll be black widow.

Dollmanron
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Bought a Gantry version MK IV Tony Stark head, neck and armor collar and put them on my Ironman II MK VI and boom, an Avengers MK VI Ironman (minus the stand).

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/RonaldEdwardHall/CustomIronmanIIMKVI.jpg

I've got one of the best custom Mech Test Tony Stark heads coming so I'll have both versions, so that's two Avengers Ironmans I don't need. Puts me down to just the MK VII and saves my wallet some grief.

mrclean08
10-10-2012, 06:20 AM
I originally cancelled all my preorders due to budgetary constraints, but after being in full-time Avengers mode after buying the Bluray and seeing how well Fury and Hawkeye turned out, I decided I needed them all back.

So I pre-ordered them all again (still trying to get a Hawkeye preorder in somewhere) and am currently on an insane scramble mission to unload any unnecessary or unwanted collectibles I own to fund this collection. :panic:

Khev
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I joke/dream about getting them all but in reality that just isn't gonna happen. As it stands the three I'm most excited about are Cap, Loki, and the Chitauri.

bauzz
10-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not dipping into the supporting films, at least not yet. But I have most of The Avengers figures pre-ordered and the ones I don't, Hulk and Thor, will be joining the list soon enough. Fury and soon Hawkeye need some company. Unless the Chitauri soldiers go south between sculpt and final product, I fully intend to pick up 2 of them, and Coulson is an instant buy.

Darkseed
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I am losing steam with this line. I absolutely love the film but the delays and inconsistent sculpts making me rethink my pre-orders.

I just cancelled HE and I need to figure out what to do with NF. Otherwise, the only figure on PO from the line up now is Hulk (which I will keep). BW and Loki have amazing sculpts but (for me) aren't stand alone characters for my shelves. Lots of money saved :lol

Viking Spawn
10-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I am losing steam with this line. I absolutely love the film but the delays and inconsistent sculpts making me rethink my pre-orders.

I just cancelled HE and I need to figure out what to do with NF. Otherwise, the only figure on PO from the line up now is Hulk (which I will keep). BW and Loki have amazing sculpts but (for me) aren't stand alone characters for my shelves. Lots of money saved :lol

That figure is the top of my list! He can be a stand alone figure or posed with a team! He'll definitely stand out among other figures!

Darkseed
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM
That figure is the top of my list! He can be a stand alone figure or posed with a team! He'll definitely stand out among other figures!

Yup. Hulk and Wolverine the only items looking forward to getting. Perhaps Dx Joker but not sold on him yet tho it looks crazy good.

BarryAllen
10-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Got all of the avengers figs on PO and thinking of cancel all of them. What you guys think, should I keep them or cancel them? What would you do?

The Bat
10-11-2012, 03:34 AM
I wish I could afford them all...but I just can't.:(

So here's the ones I pre-ordered:

Cap
Ironman
Thor
Black Widow

P.S. My hope is that by the time Avengers 2 comes out, I'll be able to get Hawkeye & the Hulk when HT "re-releases" them.:wink1:

SixthScaleEdward
10-11-2012, 03:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmBAd76kak&NR=1

:peace :lol:rotfl

Darkseed
10-11-2012, 04:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmBAd76kak&NR=1

:peace :lol:rotfl

I have him too up for sale.....:wink1:

Sith_fire30
10-11-2012, 06:27 AM
I hope to collect them all...I got Nick in hand and Hawk is coming up. The early release of Batman threw me off a little...We'll see!

Mroiman
10-13-2012, 02:18 PM
for sure getting:
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Loki
Hulk

very much will try to possibly get:
Captain America
Mark VII
Coulson (depending on the price)

most likely will pass:
Nick Fury
Thor
Chitauri (unless he's priced well also)

doku999
10-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Way too much to collect everything in this line..
Probably gonna pick up only Loki and the MK VII

medicomsucks
10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I just want the Hulk and Loki. If I somehow stumble upon a could of hundred extra dollars I would get Black Widow. I can wait for the Avengers 2 versions of the rest.

I'm no longer pre-ordering Hot Toys figures since they are churning out so many. At one time, if you wanted a Hot Toys figure you really had to pre-order it. Now however, it seems that it's taking quite a while for their figures to sell out.

KillKen
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I have decided to drop the Loki pre-order and just stick with the Avengers team itself.

IronManny
10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I will get:
Fury (already own)
Hulk
Loki

Maybe
Mark VII

DrQ2
10-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Loki and the MarkVII the rest I will pass on. I am thinking of Fury but its still in the air till Jan 2013.

Centurion
10-13-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm still debating about Agent Coulson.

TechLife
10-13-2012, 05:49 PM
It's going to depend on the price but as long as its reasonable, we both know we will both buy him :wink1:

Mister D
10-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I've got all on PO but Hulk, and will order Coulson. Hulk feeling hard to justify at this point. By the time he's released, I should have a lot of points to spend. Maybe I'll get him that way. But the figure just hasn't rung my bell yet.

HPGR_Thrawn
10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
I sold all of my Hot Toys Batman stuff to go all in with the Avengers.

Cruel Angel
10-13-2012, 08:50 PM

:yess: :clap

Centurion
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
It's going to depend on the price but as long as its reasonable, we both know we will both buy him :wink1:

LOL! You could be right my friend. :lol

Viking Spawn
10-14-2012, 03:32 AM

:yess: :clap :1-1:

DrQ2
10-14-2012, 07:16 AM

Too bad he did not come with armor and helmet. I would buy him.

DrQ2
10-14-2012, 07:48 AM

This is what my GF tells me. I go oh, I'm thinking of buying this. I talk about it for two days and then order it. She tells me why don't you just hit buy now and save yourself the time.

Blackthornone
10-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I don't buy every character in a line, because I can't think of a line in which I actually like every one enough to complete it, except GI JOE.

It is just too expensive and takes up too much space to be a completionist. I would rather have my most favorite characters period, from all lines, rather than have all characters in one line and have to miss out on a character I prefer from another line because of it.

It's my money and my space, so I have to buy what I like most. If other people aren't as impressed with my collection because of it's eclectic nature, then that is their opinion. They just collect as they want.

Going to look forward to IM
Black Widow, and perhaps Captain America.I would almost consider a Hulk.
Not getting Nick Fury because Samuel L Jackson has no business playing Nick Fury any more than Chuck Norris would have playing Shaft.

hunterelf
10-14-2012, 08:35 AM
I have hawkeye now.
still have black widow, hulk and loki to come

The Ween
10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
When all is said and done, I'll have them all.

Viking Spawn
10-14-2012, 12:38 PM
I have hawkeye now.
still have black widow, hulk and loki to come

Where did you get yours?

When all is said and done, I'll have them all.

I'm with ya! :yess:

Chubs&Doggers
10-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not getting one of them only cause I have to draw the line somewhere. But if life was perfect I would deff own the complete set!

Centurion
10-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Too bad he did not come with armor and helmet. I would buy him.

I know... because I like when he wore those in the movie. :thud:

Mr Walker
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Thinking about it, but they need to downsize Hulk, at the moment he is ridiculously large. If they can't get it right I'll stick with Cap and IM Mk VII.

subzro
10-15-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't buy every character in a line, because I can't think of a line in which I actually like every one enough to complete it, except GI JOE.

It is just too expensive and takes up too much space to be a completionist. I would rather have my most favorite characters period, from all lines, rather than have all characters in one line and have to miss out on a character I prefer from another line because of it.

It's my money and my space, so I have to buy what I like most. If other people aren't as impressed with my collection because of it's eclectic nature, then that is their opinion. They just collect as they want.

Not getting Nick Fury because Samuel L Jackson has no business playing Nick Fury any more than Chuck Norris would have playing Shaft.

This is the only line that I am completing, Everything else I have is just my favorite random characters as well. The next Avengers movie I might add some of new characters if i like them.

The only reason I am completing this line is because I really like all the characters, at 1st I was just going to get IM and Cap. Then I had to get Fury because it was Mr Jackson (sorry, I do not care about race as long as they play the roll well and he nailed it), after that I wanted Thor, and then BW and etc, etc, etc.

Agent Coulson was one of my favorite characters (only behind IM and Cap) in the series, so he is a must have for me.

The only other figures I'm getting in the next several months are Joker, Batman and Catwoman.

It is expensive to collect them all but I am planning on keeping these for a very long time.

Firebird
10-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I am getting them all X2. Except for Iron Man Mark VII, I am getting three of them. :D

Blackthornone
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
This is the only line that I am completing, Everything else I have is just my favorite random characters as well. The next Avengers movie I might add some of new characters if i like them.

The only reason I am completing this line is because I really like all the characters, at 1st I was just going to get IM and Cap. Then I had to get Fury because it was Mr Jackson (sorry, I do not care about race as long as they play the roll well and he nailed it), after that I wanted Thor, and then BW and etc, etc, etc.

Agent Coulson was one of my favorite characters (only behind IM and Cap) in the series, so he is a must have for me.

The only other figures I'm getting in the next several months are Joker, Batman and Catwoman.

It is expensive to collect them all but I am planning on keeping these for a very long time.

As long as you like all the characters, it is a good move.Many people get caught up in completing just to complete or collecting just to collect, and then one day they ask themselves why they needed it.
As far as Samuel L. Jackson, I really like him. He was a great Mace Windu, and I wouldn't want anyone else in the role, because I never saw any other representation of him.

However, since Nick Fury has been a white guy with grey sideburns basically forever, if the actor doesn't look like that, it is like giving Spider Man a green or a white costume, and while the actor in the suit might do a great job, he wouldn't look right.

The fact that he didn't look like Spiderman in the comics would make it impossible for me to view him as the same character as the comic one, and thus would force me to see him only as the movie Spiderman

sallah
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Got 'em all on preorder... I will have them all as long as the old wallet holds out. ;)

Sallah

hehateme23
10-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Just the Chitari Footsoldier.
because everyone else will probably be back for Avengers 2. :P

Viking Spawn
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM

Same here. At first I was just planning on getting the fab 4 plus Loki. But I loved the movie too much and every character was excellent! Now I'm an Avengers completionist! :wink1:

DrQ2
10-16-2012, 02:47 PM

One 1/6 just clones and most of the time only one. On the 3.75 stop counting after 500.

Viking Spawn
10-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Just curious....

Who's all getting Flex-Pay notices from SS and for which Avengers already? Just curious..... :dunno

darkchylde80
10-17-2012, 01:52 AM
I've had a flexpay notice for Black Widow, first payment was taken this month.

tomsmith
10-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Had first Cap payment way back in August. First Widow payment a week ago.

7166charlie
10-17-2012, 02:33 AM
I have paid for all of them just waiting on coulson and footsoilder, and i am now saving for phase 2 figures,

Nia00
10-19-2012, 11:38 AM
I just got into collecting these and I will get the whole set. I pre-ordered most of them so it just make sense to have them all.

I'm becoming addicted to Hot Toys quite quickly but hey, it could be worse. There are worse addictions to have, right? :)

playboy409
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
no Agent Coulson for me, everyone else is a go.

Haloid1177
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I just got into collecting these and I will get the whole set. I pre-ordered most of them so it just make sense to have them all.

I'm becoming addicted to Hot Toys quite quickly but hey, it could be worse. There are worse addictions to have, right? :)

I feel ya, pal. I said I was gonna go slow with collecting these. Didn't work out well.

Nia00
10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I feel ya, pal. I said I was gonna go slow with collecting these. Didn't work out well.

I hear ya. No slowing down once you get started. I'm kind of glad I did.

Haloid1177
10-19-2012, 02:57 PM

I'm mixed. I enjoy the hell out of these things, but the savings took a hit. Oh well.

2ndname
10-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm going for it, let's see what happens once the dust settles.

the whale
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm going for it, let's see what happens once the dust settles.

Couldn't have said it better myself :hi5:

Viking Spawn
10-19-2012, 11:26 PM

:exactly: I know what you guys are saying! I purchased my first HT several months ago and now I'm hooked! No turning back now! :thud:

Centurion
10-19-2012, 11:40 PM
:exactly: I know what you guys are saying! I purchased my first HT several months ago and now I'm hooked! No turning back now! :thud:

Actually, an addiction to heroine is cheaper. :panic:

Viking Spawn
10-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Actually, an addiction to heroine is cheaper. :panic:

:lol :medic

Joker's Wild
10-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I am buying them just for the fact that I am planing on displaying them as a Marvel vs DC scene.
Already working on a city diorama (6 months in)

The Iron Koob
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
I am buying them just for the fact that I am planing on displaying them as a Marvel vs DC scene.

Who's your Superman?

Centurion
10-24-2012, 10:51 PM

Great idea!
Would love to see that.

2ndname
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Bleh...can't wait any longer. Got Fury, subbing 7 with Mark 4, POed Capt/Thor/BW. Still don't know about Hulk...it's a must but damn the price tag for admission. Will be hunting for Hawkeye since I snoozed on him.

One detolf cube will be holding the original 3: Mark 1, Thor movie 1, Capt 1st Avenger.

MONEYS!!! I need more...

Sharpwriter
10-28-2012, 08:48 PM
We always need more money. Anyone on this board knows that haha.

edheng
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM
and when you have more money, you buy more figures and then you will not have more money :D

Viking Spawn
10-29-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U0POLfr46A&feature=relmfu

:lol

kadrik
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm getting all the Avengers. I won't be getting Phill or the villains. I started out planning on just getting Iron Man. Then Iron Man and Hulk. Then Captain America. Then Thor. OMG Black Widow. Hawkeye and Nick were mainly to complete the set. Nick almost got cut, but I have this bad thing about having to complete the set and I know I would be looking for Nick months down the road when he's probably $300 and I'd shoot myself for waiting. In the beginning I wasn't a huge avengers fan, but after all the movies lately. Yeah. Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk alone are just amazing! Not that there's a bad figure in the bunch. Just, they better not have any qc issues and definitely fix that A on the cap's head this time around Hot Toys. I just got into Hot Toys a few weeks ago so these Avenger figures will be probably my first and last versions of them.

mrclean08
10-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I can only imagine the sheer amount of joy to see the complete team being displayed in person. Whether they are on a shelf, a desk, or in a display case/cabinet, the sight will be simply awesome.

momomo023
10-29-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm getting all the Avengers. I won't be getting Phill or the villains. I started out planning on just getting Iron Man. Then Iron Man and Hulk. Then Captain America. Then Thor. OMG Black Widow. Hawkeye and Nick were mainly to complete the set. Nick almost got cut, but I have this bad thing about having to complete the set and I know I would be looking for Nick months down the road when he's probably $300 and I'd shoot myself for waiting. In the beginning I wasn't a huge avengers fan, but after all the movies lately. Yeah. Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk alone are just amazing! Not that there's a bad figure in the bunch. Just, they better not have any qc issues and definitely fix that A on the cap's head this time around Hot Toys. I just got into Hot Toys a few weeks ago so these Avenger figures will be probably my first and last versions of them.

I know what you mean I too am a completionest addict. As look where it has dragged me now. Started with 1 iron man now I have the whole set. Bought 1 batman now I have completed that too. Only time could tell and how much money I am able to fork out to afford this whole set.

DarthTrafford
10-29-2012, 10:11 PM
I was going to get the Hulk but for the price they're asking it's not worth it.
I might pick him up with rewards points,by the time he comes out I should have quite a lot.

Viking Spawn
10-30-2012, 12:10 AM
I can only imagine the sheer amount of joy to see the complete team being displayed in person. Whether they are on a shelf, a desk, or in a display case/cabinet, the sight will be simply awesome.

I know what you mean I too am a completionest addict. As look where it has dragged me now. Started with 1 iron man now I have the whole set. Bought 1 batman now I have completed that too. Only time could tell and how much money I am able to fork out to afford this whole set.

:exactly: I want them and will be getting everything HT puts out! Its the eventual 1/4 scale that is going to hurt my wallet the most!

2ndname
10-31-2012, 07:29 PM
I guess I'm in! Chasing Hawkeye and will be POing Hulk before the end of Dec. already POed the rest and have Nick in the detolf waiting for his crew.

mrclean08
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
:exactly: I want them and will be getting everything HT puts out! Its the eventual 1/4 scale that is going to hurt my wallet the most!

Woah, you buy everything HT puts out? Or just Avengers related?

VintijDroidGutzz
11-01-2012, 05:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U0POLfr46A&feature=relmfu

:lol
That was ****ing excellent. :rotfl :lol