Its time for more truetypes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title states the current market has dryed up and they are pretty much all sold out most places. I think a new batch needs to be on the horzion soon and I have some ideas on whats needed.

1: The basic narrow shoulder needs to be reworked for a more lifelike look, its very good but needs a more natural chest with nipples:monkey3
(open to head ideas)

2: The arnold body needs to be released and should include a useable head(arnold with hair parted in the side) or something new.

3: The slim should be re-released with new head(open to ideas)

All the new truetype should come with short and tall ankle adapters to accomodate various heights for customs, basic underware, and should be availible in caucasion and aa too. Theres alot more options we could use but a wave like this seems realistic. What do you guys think?

Meh. There are enough bodies are the market these days that are both comparable to TT and a hell of a lot cheaper. Hot Toys and their $50 bodies can go to hell :pfft:

I don't think they should bother with any more Narrow Shoulder type bodies anymore. Headplay locked that down...unless HT releases a great headsculpt with it to try and get the market back. If they could release an Arnold body under $70, that may work well for them.

Great Ideas :wave

:goodpost:

Thanks buddy:hi5:

Meh. There are enough bodies are the market these days that are both comparable to TT and a hell of a lot cheaper. Hot Toys and their $50 bodies can go to hell :pfft:

There are good options out there but I do like the quality of hot toy TT's the matte paint, tight joints, good plastic, and high quality head sculpts.

They should release the barney ross body sans tattoos. It's a good in-between from the Arnold and TTM-19

Good idea:clap

I don't think they should bother with any more Narrow Shoulder type bodies anymore. Headplay locked that down...unless HT releases a great headsculpt with it to try and get the market back. If they could release an Arnold body under $70, that may work well for them.

The narrow shoulder body is one of the most important as its the every man type body and is a staple for the average custom. It just needs an updated sculpt of the human body. The arnie body is my most wanted out of the list, KP bodys are great but not as nice as hot toys IMO.

They should really rerelease all their modern bodies without the included headsculpt and with a lower price point. It would be nice to be able to easily acquire them through Sideshow and such. Maybe I just do not understand the market, but with how popular customs are you would think Hot Toys would make their bodies readily available and easy to buy straight from them or their providers. Do they not want money or do they want everyone to scalp their figures or something?

I think generally (or always?) you can expect a new body they release a figure that has everything for two figures except for a body. DX01, T-1000, MJ Thriller, these are examples of that. What brings them to release the female figures or the last muscle body, I don't know.

Also, if you were paying $50 for TrueTypes you were overpaying. $30 is what you should have been paying.

They could maybe re-release the bruce lee body in caucasion and asian with a jet li head and a generic head, that body could be useful for alot of bashes and looks great.

HT needs to rethink their prices to compete with all the companies selling more than decent knockoffs of their bodies at half the price. Kaustic has been able to easily and successfully capitalize off of a huge gap they left by not releasing the bigger muscle TTs.

They should really rerelease all their modern bodies without the included headsculpt and with a lower price point. It would be nice to be able to easily acquire them through Sideshow and such. Maybe I just do not understand the market, but with how popular customs are you would think Hot Toys would make their bodies readily available and easy to buy straight from them or their providers. Do they not want money or do they want everyone to scalp their figures or something?

HT needs to rethink their prices to compete with all the companies selling more than decent knockoffs of their bodies at half the price. Kaustic has been able to easily and successfully capitalize off of a huge gap they left by not releasing the bigger muscle TTs.

I agree. Great questions, Monger. I too wonder why they don't make more and sell them at a better price point. While the knock-offs are adequate, the TT bodies are still better made (tighter joints, better finish).

We definatly need some new ones. The previous releases are hard to find now, and almost impossible to find at a reasonable price. Even the recent Muscle Body has become scarce.

Id agree with the person that said they should start releasing them without the added headsculpt. It only adds to the price and very few have had any benefit.

My proposal for a new lineup:

Male:
-Narrow Shoulder
-Slim
-Advanced
-Advanced African American
-Muscular
-Bodybuilder (Arnold Body)

Female:
-Caucasion
-Cuban
-Slim (A body similar to Alice or Babydoll)

agreed the newer muscle body is going for stupid high prices on the bay, and i really like that one, kp are getting scarce too, and the prices are getting higher, we need some tt at a good price

Yeah if anyone has any information on obtained the muscle body (TTM-19) for a decent price please let me know. I need it for a custom and the prices it goes for online are just stupid. I don't care about the headsculpt either so if you know where to get it without the head that's even better.

We definatly need some new ones. The previous releases are hard to find now, and almost impossible to find at a reasonable price. Even the recent Muscle Body has become scarce.

Id agree with the person that said they should start releasing them without the added headsculpt. It only adds to the price and very few have had any benefit.

My proposal for a new lineup:

Male:
-Narrow Shoulder
-Slim
-Advanced
-Advanced African American
-Muscular
-Bodybuilder (Arnold Body)

Female:
-Caucasion
-Cuban
-Slim (A body similar to Alice or Babydoll)

Sub the Cuban female for African American, and that sounds good. The first female Cuban didn't sell well, heck its still available some places.

Back