Any tips on painting cloth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman/Darrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
OK I just got the DC Direct 13" Shazam today and the "Gold" bands around his wrist are mostly silver. It's as if the gold had either faded or was rubbed off somehow. They have some gold on them but most of it has turned to silver.

The same goes for the trim around his cape. The gold is faded out and it's now silver. And his belt looks like it might turn silver next. It's got a few spots that are turning from gold to silver.

I know I should try to send it back if I'm not happy with it but I've had very bad luck doing that so I'd like to try to fix it myself. I don't plan on ever selling it so I'm not worried about the resale value.

My question is... Do any of you have any tips on what I could do to fix the gold? Maybe some kind of cloth paint or something?

Any help you guys can give would be very appreciated. :):)

Maybe use gold leaf or a gold metallic marker pen?

I was thinking of making a design on a 1/6 tshirt that needs a gold leaf effect so am interested to see if anyone has any other ideas or tecniques for applying.

Is this a display piece or a pose and play piece?
If it won't be handled a lot I would think that fabric paint or acrylic paint would suit your needs. I have used acrylics before on material and been pleased with the resulpts. I don't know the material of the suit for Shazam thaough.

Back