Advice on my 18" Kenner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skooternb

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been in the process of restoring my 18" Kenner Alien and was wondering what people think I should do. I would love to be able to get this thing looking like new, but I've been at a loss trying to find a mint dome for the head (I have one but it has a large crack in it).
Since this picture I've repainted and attached the arms:
DSC_0991.jpg

I also would love to have one that I can repaint and add some 'umph' to. Basically, do you all think I should go ahead and customize this one while searching for an already complete/very good condition original, or hold off and continue to try and find a new dome? :gah:

I'm sad and can't decide...
2012-10-02181250.jpg

The one you already have is not in box, not mint or complete. If you are going to customize one this one seems like the way to go.

Yeah, I've been seriously thinking that, but I just need the justification to modify this vintage figure. For some reason I have no problem messing with ones that are brand new, but old figures tend to have that nostalgia and aura of classic that I tend to steer away from messing with them at all.

how did you reassemble tha arms? I may need to imrpove the arm system - rubberbands deteriorate

Look around for a talented customizer with a style you like and let him get to work on your alien! A repaint would be nice to enhance the figure. Maybe a nice base or backdrop as well.

I'm gonna be doing the repaint, but I would like a good template/direction/idea...

Sent from my little pocket-machine using Tapatalk

how did you reassemble tha arms? I may need to imrpove the arm system - rubberbands deteriorate

The original rubber parts were broken so I screwed in plastic screw holders for reinforcing screws in drywall. I temporarily put rubber bands in to be replaced with hair ties.

The original rubber parts were broken so I screwed in plastic screw holders for reinforcing screws in drywall. I temporarily put rubber bands in to be replaced with hair ties.

Follow up: I'll post some of the pictures soon.

Back