SSC LOTR Snow Troll Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isildur's bane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Re: Snow Troll Statue

This thing is massive, don't let the pics fool you. It may be the same height as the Ringwraith but the footprint is twice as much. This statue is SOLID. Great paint apps and the dwarf ok for its size. Glad I got this piece.

Some phone pics:

CT01.jpg

CT02.jpg

CT03.jpg

CT04.jpg

CT05.jpg

CT06.jpg

CT07.jpg

CT08.jpg

CT09.jpg

CT10.jpg

pizzatroll6.jpg

pizzatroll3.jpg

pizzatroll2.jpg

pizzatroll4.jpg

pizzatroll5.jpg

Mine arrived today! It's really a big, big statue. The production is pretty good. Green is also good for me. Pizza happy. :wave

Tremendous piece, and i dont mean just the size. This was a whatever piece not one of my most anticipated, but after seeing it in person, it quickly became my top statue for this year.

The reason is simple - the absolutely amazing paint and details, combined with quality construction. I can honestly say this statue is painted to perfection. When I look at paint, it's not just overall from a distance but I look at the fine details, for example the little dwarf which by normal sideshow quality should look like crap, but it was ultra detailed from face to armor, with no paint spillover or shortcuts. Or the troll's layered cloth - everything was done to perfection, or the troll's elephant type skin - can easily destroy the piece but painted flawlessly. The whole statue just oozes quality.

I can safely say sideshow's best release this year in term of paint & construction, even though it may not be their most popular. Then you look at the $300 predator junk that was also just released or some of the marvel garbage, and can hardly believe they are made by the same company.

Two issues I found 1) The back feet's footprint is a little too large and leaves a gap 2) They put a sticker in the arm slot which causes the arm not to fit all the way in, once removed everything fits perfectly, it's not needed.

Neither issue takes away from the statue, this is a large and heavy statue of the highest quality from sideshow, very rare nowdays - once in a blue moon type deal. A definite grail down the road, i just ordered a second one for storage.

I hope the factory that made this, makes all statues for sideshow. Very happy.

snow.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

Back