What not to do....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

styleznma

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had my Ironman Mark II armor unleashed posed on the stand adjacent (half a foot away) to my phone that uses a corded headset, in a hurry to answer the phone the wire from the headset caught ahold of his arm and threw him down with vengeance busting the missiles off of his right arm... It was a sad sad day for Ironman :(:(:(:(

A thread for the ''Don'ts'' of displaying your figures. Not a bad idea.

Sympathies regarding your Iron Man. Sometimes you just don't think of these things happening.

An obvious ''don't'' is to display your figures in an area that catches prolonged direct sunlight or in the presence of a chain smoker.

A thread for the ''Don'ts'' of displaying your figures. Not a bad idea.

Sympathies regarding your Iron Man. Sometimes you just don't think of these things happening.

An obvious ''don't'' is to display your figures in an area that catches prolonged direct sunlight or in the presence of a chain smoker.

thank you... I was thinking of buying the Iron Monger and soon as i broke iron man with this little fall, just seem so fragile, compared to Gi joes from SideShow, So now Im having second thoughts on the 450$ Iron Monger, seems really expensive if it can easily be damaged, i really dont know.

And as far as displaying them on shelves I havn't gotten around to deciding which is the best route to go with display cases plus I like to have them (anything new) displayed on my desk so I can enjoy them while I work. So for now on lesson learned I just gotta keep anything away from the phone :)

An obvious don't

Don't display you figures where high traffic movement occurs. Safely on a shelf is the best spot

Do you recommend any particular display shelving ??? So far Im liking what ppl say about Detolf glass shelves from ikea, can't really beat it at 65 bucks!

Do you recommend any particular display shelving ??? So far Im liking what ppl say about Detolf glass shelves from ikea, can't really beat it at 65 bucks!

Mate - I grabbed a Detolf at twice that price and I am very happy with it. I've only dusted inside it once in 10 months and the only reason I needed to was because I moved some stuff around and could see the faintest, faintest little mark where it used to sit and I'm a bit anally retentive with that stuff. i.e. next to no dust comes into the guy. Highly recommend the little beauty!!!

That's cheap!

Detolf's are going for $149 here in Aussie!

A mate told me he grabbed a couple on special for around $70 each down at Logan on the Gold Coast... but those specials must be few and far between as I paid $150 for mine also. (From Logan IKEA). Wonder if there is some form of "watch list" where you can get a notification if they go on sale?

(We pay more for everything though. Don't get me started on Apple App Store prices.... I'm just glad that you can get reasonable prices for figures from US storefronts... I've pre-ordered the Batman AC: Harley Quinn from Urban Collector, delivered, for less than Minotaur in Melbourne can price. :yess: Can't complain about that!)

Last edited:
:wave
A mate told me he grabbed a couple on special for around $70 each down at Logan on the Gold Coast... but those specials must be few and far between as I paid $150 for mine also. (From Logan IKEA). Wonder if there is some form of "watch list" where you can get a notification if they go on sale?

(We pay more for everything though. Don't get me started on Apple App Store prices.... I'm just glad that you can get reasonable prices for figures from US storefronts... I've pre-ordered the Batman AC: Harley Quinn from Urban Collector, delivered, for less than Minotaur in Melbourne can price. :yess: Can't complain about that!)

Wow I can't believe my eyes that the same cabinet is more than twice the price!
(64.99)
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/#/10119206
(149.99)
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90182171/?query=detolf#/70182172

As far as watch list go, I dont know about other browsers, i Use chrome because I like Google everything, I have a feeling you like apple, but Amazon made an Extension that allows you to add any item from a store (such as ikea) and that item will be watched in Amazon's watch list, and from there you can set up notifications of price changes.

Going back to price difference, Why is it so much more than, I can sort of understand a little price hike on material goods but the Apple App store??? really ? how does that make sense?

The batman Ac harley quinn your not talking about the 6-7" action figure are you? They make two version:
https://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-batman-statues-action-figure-from.html
https://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=c0537e4c-98a6-4f93-a059-0235582727f1
The local comic con was selling these at 15$ and 5$(five bucks!) respectively.

speaking of which, I saw this at bbts, how cool is this statue of harleyquinn
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11559&mode=retail

Its really nice it doesn't have a "300.00" price tag like most status, heres looking at your sideshow....

Mate - I grabbed a Detolf at twice that price and I am very happy with it. I've only dusted inside it once in 10 months and the only reason I needed to was because I moved some stuff around and could see the faintest, faintest little mark where it used to sit and I'm a bit anally retentive with that stuff. i.e. next to no dust comes into the guy. Highly recommend the little beauty!!!

Oh mate don't let me get started on Minotaur :rotfl

But yea I wish there was an IKEA sale list or something.

I drove four hours for my three Detolfs. Well worth it... Just wish I could find good lights.

:wave
Wow I can't believe my eyes that the same cabinet is more than twice the price!

As far as watch list go, I dont know about other browsers, i Use chrome because I like Google everything, I have a feeling you like apple, but Amazon made an Extension that allows you to add any item from a store (such as ikea) and that item will be watched in Amazon's watch list, and from there you can set up notifications of price changes.

Going back to price difference, Why is it so much more than, I can sort of understand a little price hike on material goods but the Apple App store??? really ? how does that make sense?

Thanks for the tip re: Amazon wish lists.. I had no idea you could watch stuff from other vendors, such as Ikea. I really am not very experienced with Amazon, so I'll look into this. Thanks heaps!!

Yeah - doesn't make sense at all.. (app store that is).. but that's apple!!

I can understand the detolf a little bit more... we've got a different economy/tax system etc going here... so, it's a shame it has to be double the price, but I just try not to think about it!!

The batman Ac harley quinn your not talking about the 6-7" action figure are you? They make two version:
https://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-batman-statues-action-figure-from.html
https://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=c0537e4c-98a6-4f93-a059-0235582727f1
The local comic con was selling these at 15$ and 5$(five bucks!) respectively.

speaking of which, I saw this at bbts, how cool is this statue of harleyquinn
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11559&mode=retail

Its really nice it doesn't have a "300.00" price tag like most status, heres looking at your sideshow....

Yeah it's that last one, the one from BBTS, that I have ordered.. only I ordered her from Urban-Collector. Such a sensational looking sculpt!!!

Oh mate don't let me get started on Minotaur :rotfl

Hahhaa.. yeah. Exy. I'm going to check out Comics Etc in Brisbane soon, they seem very reasonable (prices etc on the online store).

Back