What Collectable has given you the worst case of buyer's remorse??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to start a thread about that certain collectable, Star Wars or otherwise, that has given you the harshest case of buyer's remorse.

Mine is the Koto-whatever Vader from back in the day. Awesome figure, if it wasn't a $100.00++ leaning piece of crap. :monkey4

I thought it might be fun to start a thread about that certain collectable, Star Wars or otherwise, that has given you the harshest case of buyer's remorse.

Mine is the Koto-whatever Vader from back in the day. Awesome figure, if it wasn't a $100.00++ leaning piece of crap. :monkey4

They rereleased it soon after with SOLID pvc legs instead of hollow legs -- they subsequent ones never leaned so far they fell over...

the quality has improved even more --

I've never had huge buyers remorse, but buying the Sucker Punch 1/6ths and now the fact that it looks like they won't finish the line makes me wish I'd never gotten them.

Close as I get I guess. :dunno

Since this is the Star Wars section, I'm going to say this 12" Hasbro figure. Star Wars Midnight Madness causes me to make bad decisions.

85181_5.jpg

Hasbro Star Wars POTF2 line

While it was a gateway to what I collect today, I still had the worst case of buyers remorse looking at the MOC figures that I collected within a 3 year span and how much money I spent. I sold them awhile back for a fraction of what I bought them for.

Maybe the HT Platoon figures - they were outside of my usual sci-fi/fantasy type figures. I was worried they'd look out of place and they did. Sold Taylor, still have Barnes though.

Also...Enterbay T-800. The jump to high-end 1:4 scale is one I may wish I'd never made due to the expense.

I would have to say the worst case of buyers remorse for me is flex-paying the HT Joker DX 2.0 I never bought a single batman figure since they have been released and decided to start flex paying for the new joker....this has lead to a increasing purchasing of 1:6 HT batman figures which severely hurts the purchasing ability of all my star wars 1:6 figures....oh god I am so sorry star wars :thud:

Got to be all the POTF figures...i have hundred on card...vehicles..12"...even micro machines and Bendem's...oiy

Hasbro Star Wars POTF2 line

While it was a gateway to what I collect today, I still had the worst case of buyers remorse looking at the MOC figures that I collected within a 3 year span and how much money I spent. I sold them awhile back for a fraction of what I bought them for.

Got to be all the POTF figures...i have hundred on card...vehicles..12"...even micro machines and Bendem's...oiy

Same here. I had everything. Ugh.

My Hasbro collection is massive. Although I've bought very little since 2006, it still take up massive amounts of storage, and most of it is damn near worthless.

My Hasbro collection is massive. Although I've bought very little since 2006, it still take up massive amounts of storage, and most of it is damn near worthless.

Yeah, I'm gonna put together all my old stuff that I don't display or enjoy, on card, loose whatever, and sell it in one big lot (hopefully).

I have remorse in buying the figures I bought that I had no personal connection to, but no regrets... if that makes sense.

So far so good I would say nothing to date, maybe a twinge on the HT tumbler I know I dont have room to display but I love the piece.

Back