Would you buy an entire Avengers team?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy an entire Avengers team from SS?

• Heck yes! (and name your team below)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I'd buy some of them (or just one of them)

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I wouldn't buy any member from the Avengers

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
If SS made the various "starting string" Avengers would you buy them all, some of them, or none of them?

I believe the original team was Captain America (at least starting with issue 4), Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man, and Wasp.

Of course there were other teams later including the Scarlett Witch, Vision, and so one. Pick your favorite team, would you buy them all?

The Avengers is supposed to be the main team on the Marvel Universe but always plays second fiddle to the X-men. So badly they had to relaunch the book as New Avengers with an all new unlikely cast (Sentry, anyone?)

My roster would include: Captain America (leadership), Thor (powerhouse), Iron Man (technology), Hulk (raw power), Giant Man (scientist), Hawkeye (everyman rouge character), Wasp (espionage?). This is the only way I would take this team siriously. Putting Spider-Man and Wolverine on it was a mistake. It creates overexposure for those characters.

I would have put Hulk in the Defenders with Doc Strange but people take the Defenders even less siriously than the Avengers.

All that said, I would take a few key characters if done well.

Now the Defenders I'd commit to the whole team! Doc Strange, Hulk, Namor, Valkyrie, Son of Satan...okay, maybe not the bird guy Batman wannabe.

For Avengers - Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor - definitely - Giant Man and Wasp - don't think so.

SolidLiquidFox said:
The Avengers is supposed to be the main team on the Marvel Universe but always plays second fiddle to the X-men.
I'm guessing that most people rank the Fantastic Four higher than the Avengers as well.

The new Avengers just seem so serious. All the darkly shadowed art and characters deaths and such. I thought about getting on board to see how they'd shake things up but gave it up when they killed Hawkeye, my second favorite Avenger.

I'd buy some, depends on the scuplt itself. I like the classic team, but I also always liked the Scarlet Witch, with the highlight when Byrne was the penciller.

My roster would include: Captain America (leadership), Thor (powerhouse), Iron Man (technology), Hulk (raw power), Giant Man (scientist), Hawkeye (everyman rouge character), Wasp (espionage?).

Yes I would. I agree with the above roster but also add Vision and the Scarlet Witch for me.

SolidLiquidFox said:
My roster would include: Captain America (leadership), Thor (powerhouse), Iron Man (technology), Hulk (raw power), Giant Man (scientist), Hawkeye (everyman rouge character), Wasp (espionage?). This is the only way I would take this team siriously. Putting Spider-Man and Wolverine on it was a mistake. It creates overexposure for those characters.

i'm with you on this. i don't get why they added more characters.

avengers.gif

...and Spiderwoman ...

I will buy Premium Formats of Captain America and Thor. Along with a Jessica Alba look-alike Sue Storm PF those are the only Sideshow Marvel items that I'd ever buy.

if SS release a vs dio I will definitely be all over it. Only the core of the team though...

say...Capt. America vs Hulk ...posible variant would be Capt. America in WW2 uniform.

or ...iron man vs. Hulk or aliens
or... Thor vs. Capt. America

TOE said:
if SS release a vs dio I will definitely be all over it. Only the core of the team though...

say...Capt. America vs Hulk ...posible variant would be Capt. America in WW2 uniform.

or ...iron man vs. Hulk or aliens
or... Thor vs. Capt. America
I hope they concentrate on character's that haven't got a dio yet....with the Green giant as an exception ;).

If they made them all the same scale and with similar bases. My wants would be Thor, Cap, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Beast, Black Widow, Wasp, Vision and Scarlett Witch.

Back