The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.necromancer.

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Do any of you zombie lovers read this comic? If not I suggest you do... its great!!!

This is exactly how I invision The Dead!!!

I LOVE THAT COMIC!!!!!

walkingdead_25.jpg

It's seriously the best written zombie story I have ever read (or seen), and real zombie fan would be silly to not give it a try. The situations could not be more real and the characters are fun to read. I would love it if filmmakers could take some notes on this series and apply it to their movies....

THIS is the way zombie horror should be!!!

141332911O474015654.jpg

mlarsen said:
Wow, I might have to look into this.

You will not regret it. I can promise you that....

They are also soon going to release a collection of ALL of the issues up until this point in one (cheaper than the OMNI Hardcover) collection... so keep an eye out.

IF you only want a taste and not the whole hunk of flesh... try out Volume one: Days Gone Bye. It will hook you for sure. I know I've had this comic on my pull list as soon as I read it. It's my favorite comic of all time....bar none. :D

I plan on buying the huge HC edition with slipcase. Love the work he's done on Invincible so this is a must.

I love this comic. :bounce
This is exactly how I like stories with living dead : hard, no joke, strong characters. In the Walking dead, you have to fear not only the dead but also the living, like in good old Romero's movies.
Resin statues are coming and I will probably get some of them.

Kirkmans masterpiece! I just got the new issue yesterday, I only hate him for giving me cliffhanger endings EVERY TIME! YYAAARRR!!! It drives me nuts, but that's what he wants. I thought a zombie comic would be lame, and had stuck up my nose at first. I love zombie movies, but thought zombie comics (in my experience) were totally lame (and for the most part are, again in my opinion) but this one nails it. It's everything we need. I hope it doesn't get made into a movie, it would ruin it. If they decide to do anything with it, I think HBO or Showtime should make a series out of it, I'd trust that way more. Besides, we need a zombie TV show!

Just got the new Hard Cover. $30 for the first 12 issues includes all the covers, character scetches, and a short Christmas story with the father and son from the first issue. Well worth the dough. And I can't wait to get those statues.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Kirkmans masterpiece! I just got the new issue yesterday, I only hate him for giving me cliffhanger endings EVERY TIME! YYAAARRR!!! It drives me nuts, but that's what he wants. I thought a zombie comic would be lame, and had stuck up my nose at first. I love zombie movies, but thought zombie comics (in my experience) were totally lame (and for the most part are, again in my opinion) but this one nails it. It's everything we need. I hope it doesn't get made into a movie, it would ruin it. If they decide to do anything with it, I think HBO or Showtime should make a series out of it, I'd trust that way more. Besides, we need a zombie TV show!

My thoughts exactly PBK.... I was so not into zombie comics before Kirkman, but this story turned me faster than a fatal zombie bite!!

And a TV series would kick major ass.... that's for sure.

Toe, I will pass on the busts and wait for the statues. I would change my mind if there was a monochrome bust.

Back