Question about Shipping Hot Toys to Canada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elendil

Super Freak
Reaction score
I will be getting my first Hot Toys figure (Black Widow) in the coming months and I was wondering if any of the Canadian board members could give me a heads up on what the shipping might be for the average Hot Toys figure from Sideshow.

I'd like to not get a big surprise. I'd rather make sure I have more than enough for it.

Thanks,

Steve

$25 dollars + Fed Ex will nail you with a $10 Handling fee. I believe I once got nailed for H.S.T. as well but don't quote me on that.

Ask for a pack-out (xtra $10) ensures that the outter box will be mint, if not SS will slap the shipping docs to a plastic envelope to the shipper and it COULD get damaged/dented etc.

Sideshow has great customer service though. Enjoy your future purchase :wave

I just started collecting and also found that Toys2 is supposed to be the best retailer in Canada for Hot Toys. I pre-ordered a few things after reading good reviews of the store on these forums, so I felt comfortable with it. I haven't received anything yet since my orders were for Hawkeye and Joker 2.0.

However, they do have an actual store front in Markham, and I've been there (unknowingly) in the past, and they're currently doing renovations (so you can trust it's not a scam). I've read they do great packing, and tend to receive their inventory relatively early. Perhaps search around on these forums for more info on Toys2, but I trust them (so far...)

Yeah, I just found a couple of threads in the Dealer section about them. Seems they have gotten good reviews from some more respected members like King Darkness and The Josh as well. Guess I will give it a try! It says they don't charge until they have the item, so that is a big plus!

If you live in Canada Toy Square is a no brainier. Excellent minty fresh product and great customer service. In most cases they're one of the cheapest too.

Ordering from Sideshow is also an excellent experience too. As one member already pointed out, shipping is a flat rate of $25 (FedEx) and you'll get hit with a $10 handling fee along with GST too.

So who here has ordered from Toys2 before? Good experience, bad?

I wouldn't have recommended them to you if my experience with them was negative.
Very good packaging & communication.

They're your dice to roll, however. :dunno

Yeah I agree with what people are saying
Toys2 is the place to go to.

Superpowercollectibles is another great place as well, but they have limited POs, so you have to order right away when figures are listed.

I've used Toys2 with great success. I have also used Super Power Collectibles. I now only use Sideshow if it's something I can't get from Toys2 or Super Power. You do have to move fast with Super Power...as mentioned, limited po's available.

I typically get nailed anywhere from $22 to $38 (on top of the $25 FedEx fee) when receiving Hot Toys products from Sideshow.

Last edited:
Well, I was able to switch two of my pre-order to Toys2. For some reason attempting any others through them failed, so I left a few with Sideshow for now! Thanks for the heads up. I am saving about $30-$40 a figure with them in the end (Basically the HST).

If I want something right away or there's an exclusive, Sideshow is the way to go. Reward points makes it alot easier to order from them. Plus 2 day shipping from the US is awesome.

Looks like I should have done a bit more research. Toys2 charged my card for the entire amount of the 2 pre-orders I put in with them (one does not come out until March 2013). It clearly mentions in the FAQ however that they will NOT charge until the item arrives and is ready to ship. This has put my card way over the limit.

I am not impressed! I sent them a message regarding this. We will see what they have to say.

Looks like I should have done a bit more research. Toys2 charged my card for the entire amount of the 2 pre-orders I put in with them (one does not come out until March 2013). It clearly mentions in the FAQ however that they will NOT charge until the item arrives and is ready to ship. This has put my card way over the limit.

I am not impressed! I sent them a message regarding this. We will see what they have to say.

Wow. I've ordered from them many times. I've never been charged until it shipped. I just po'd the camo tumbler from them and was not charged. I double checked my statement online. No charges. Hmmm.

I just got an e-mail back from them. They said that the bank is just putting a hold on that amount as a "pre-authorization" and it should free up within a couple of days or a week. Fi it doesn't I will have to cancel other preorders.

Back