DC Collectibles SHAZAM Mini Bust New 52

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr ?

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this yet...I've been a Captain Marvel fan since the 70's TV show but I really like the new take on the character and don't mind the name adjustment (at least Winnick's version died on the vine). This bust looks very good to me!
DC_SuperHeroes_Shazam1.jpg

DC_SuperHeroes_Shazam2.jpg

Alex Ross Captain Marvel FTW!

This seems to be the worst victim of the New 52.

Captain Marvel is what Ross does best! But for a reboot to interact with the DCU, Johns has done good things here. He's essentially DC's version of Dr. Strange; protecting the world(s) from all the unseen magic threats. It's their way of making him NOT another Superman type in the modern books.

I always liked a Cpt Marvel that could be his own, kooky self with talking tigers and whatnot....but those books never sell. :slap:mad:

I just picked up the Batgirl bust on the weekend and man oh man is it small. But it is a pretty piece. I'll have time for some photos tonight.

I'm certainly digging Starfire's new look. I didn't think it was even possible to make her costume any smaller. :lol

What does a modern girl need to lead a life of vigilante style crime fighting? A shiny, black leather hugging buttocks!:cuckoo:

Man that Starfire looks like a whore...Geez!:thud: I dislike the high collar Superman greatly, but still digging SHAZAM!

It's also weird that they use the standard "S" shield as the Superman/Supergirl base logo...shows you how "permanant" that swishy Jim Lee shield actually is.

Man that Starfire looks like a whore...Geez!:thud:
Well apparently she really easy in the new comics, sleeping with everyone.

It's also weird that they use the standard "S" shield as the Superman/Supergirl base logo...shows you how "permanant" that swishy Jim Lee shield actually is.
LOL That is funny. Same with Captain Marvel.

Superman needs a higher collar and some more lines on his Kryptonian armor.

Superman needs a higher collar and some more lines on his Kryptonian armor.
Well you can't go wrong with more "modern" lines, but what he really needs is some leg-belts, more unnecessary pouches, and a leather jacket. He'll never be a fully realized Jim Lee creation without that stuff.

That collar is okay, but could be even HIGHER!

Yes to the leg belts! Superman needs to have weapons and tools to use. Maybe a dagger strapped to his calf too!

He should get rid of the cape and wear the leather jacket like you suggest!

Brilliant!

Maybe some sunglasses too.

Didn't see a thread on this yet...I've been a Captain Marvel fan since the 70's TV show but I really like the new take on the character and don't mind the name adjustment (at least Winnick's version died on the vine). This bust looks very good to me!
DC_SuperHeroes_Shazam1.jpg

DC_SuperHeroes_Shazam2.jpg

Why are his eyes so darn big and so close together??? The rule of thumb is one eye width apart, and there is no way this artist followed that.

Back