Transforming your Predator / Alien Hot Toys Boxes into Wall Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfPredatorAVPR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well Guys ( and gals ) I had a stack of empty Hot Toys Predator ( among others ) sitting around for a while. I tried to get rid of them for a cheap price on the forums but only sold a few. Was about to toss all them out and came up with an idea....well my wife. We had to empty small poster frames laying around and decided to use them to display the artwork from the boxes. I think Hot Toys makes some of the most awesome boxes in the world! Throwing away all that artwork would have been a shame, so I decided to throw 2 poster's together myself.

I plan to make 3 more after I get more frames. I think the frames are a little over $5 at target, for those wondering ( if anything )

I may get flamed for this but figured id share the idea and possibly give others display idea's. Personally I think the predator 2 one looks freakinnn awesome. LMK what you guys think :hi5:

2rgoml4.jpg

Predator 2 Box
14ner9v.jpg

Used Classic, Predator 2, Elder ( from predator 2 box ), Original P1, Berserker, and Guardian.

Sorry about the angle and glare.....
ej6vl.jpg

Added 9-24-12
Dog Alien 3

23hrw50.jpg

Added 9-27-12
Original P1 Box w/ Stealth Plastic Covering.

347h6h5.jpg

npglk8.jpg

Added 10-21-12
Original Wolf Predator box, 2 different styles

Last edited:
Re: What to do with empty Predator Hot Toys Boxes?

Why would you get flamed, thats awesome! Much better than just throwing them away.

I can hear some members talking about having inaccurate predators on my wall LOL

You have inaccurate predators on your wall!

Ha, ah yeah that. Its a possibility but I'd pay it no mind, you've got a really cool idea here. That P2 box art looks amazing overlooking your 1:1 pred-spear.

The frames aren't screen accurate.:nono ;)

I know. I am sure I can go back, watch Predator 2 and see the frames are not exactly the same as they were in the bedroom scene. I am certain they are 2 CM to short Vertically. Not only that, I think they bought the frames at Walmart...not Target...DUUUUURRRR

Ha, ah yeah that. Its a possibility but I'd pay it no mind, you've got a really cool idea here. That P2 box art looks amazing overlooking your 1:1 pred-spear.

I agree :):1-1:

I know. I am sure I can go back, watch Predator 2 and see the frames are not exactly the same as they were in the bedroom scene. I am certain they are 2 CM to short Vertically. Not only that, I think they bought the frames at Walmart...not Target...DUUUUURRRR

:lol

In all seriousness the P2 box does look great there.:clap

I remember seeing that spear in Forbidden Planet Dublin, I was tempted and thought about it for some weeks. I also considered ordering a 1:1 T2 Rosebox shotgun but ultimately decided to stick to action figures.

I remember seeing that spear in Forbidden Planet Dublin, I was tempted and thought about it for some weeks. I also considered ordering a 1:1 T2 Rosebox shotgun but ultimately decided to stick to action figures.

I think I am going to be trying to get a P2 Bio. When I get my house, I have a vision of having the P2 Bio Hanging over the P2 Spear...with a small shelf to house the City Hunter. Right besides my Wolf Bio and Plasma Caster. Will be a sweeeeet set up!

LOL wow that is a nice idea, these boxes do take up alot of space. The P2 picture looks great over the prop.

This is genius! Now I won't have to worry about some boxes that I have at home. Well for now the boxes are in the storage but when I finally get a display room for my collection on the frames the boxes will go. Thanks for sharing this idea mate.

Oh and I love your p2 combi stick and poster display!:D

This is genius! Now I won't have to worry about some boxes that I have at home. Well for now the boxes are in the storage but when I finally get a display room for my collection on the frames the boxes will go. Thanks for sharing this idea mate.

Oh and I love your p2 combi stick and poster display!:D

My wife is a pretty smart cookie :). Glad to see all the appreciation so far and helping others with idea's.

You must have a cool wife. :) ...before I had my own apartment my folks (especially my Mother) would threaten to kick me out if I did not get rid of all my Hot Toys boxes that were neatly stacked up in my closet...this is the reason I moved out...now maybe if I bring this idea to her maybe I can come back to their huge house and I could save on an expensive apartment bill each month...yes I am a grown man but still being in college money can get tight sometimes.
Tell your wife her idea was brilliant. :)

Great idea man! :clap

You're absolutely right - HT make some beautiful packaging, I have no intention of throwing ANY of my boxes away.

That said.. I've only got around 10 figures or so, & I store them like books so it's all good. :lol

After looking at your "Framed" Predator 2 box I have decided that I am going to go ahead and do the same thing for the boxes for my "Guardian" and "Shadow" Predators...IMO those have always been my favorite styled boxes the way they have that almost "Hologram" look to them. I never plan on selling these 2 in particular anyway so what is the point in having all these boxes anyway if they are going to sit in my closet taking up space. Yes it is time these boxes finally came out of the closet.;) In person I'm sure these look very classy heck...just looking at the pictures you posted they look really nice. :cool:

This upcoming Weekend...Target here I come. :cool: BTW do you know the exact size of the frame used for the "Predator 2" box? It is no big deal I'm sure common sense will tell me which size will be the best.

Last edited:
Back