SS Auctioning a Bronze Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Released in 2008; It was one of the few iconic characters besides Darth Vader and Jango Fett that were created for the exclusive Sideshow Bronze Collection. This bronze statue captures the mysterious Mandalorian as he appeared in Return of the Jedi, and stands approximately 21 inches tall atop an environment display base reminiscent of Jabba’s palace. The Boba Fett Bronze Statue is the definitive Fett collectible and the perfect centerpiece for any Star Wars Collection.

This Bronze Statue is number 13 of an edition size of 75 pcs world wide, which pre-ordered in July 2008 and began shipping to collectors in October 2008.

so basically, not all 75 were sold?

and are they implying that Jango Fett is an "iconic character"??? No way in hell is that ********* iconic.

Hmm very strange! This was #13!

Yes, considering there is a review on SS website for #13:

boba fett bronze #13
Thanks SS. for my awesome boba fett bronze statue lucky #13... This baby is Heavy!!!

A customer from
Los Angeles, CA

the guy probably returned his awesome lucky boba fett, only explanation. unless it's a typo..

i will never understand why people would pay those $ for a bronze statue when you can get 10x fully painted versions for the same price.

maybe if it was made from gold....it can at least be used as an inflation hedge somewhat...

I guess there's still a community of collectors that likes a good bronze statue. However, it's just not for me.

I love how there are only 3 reviews on the site and one of them is for the exact number they are giving away :D

There was a charity auction from an italian seller some weeks ago and the same item (maybe also nr. 13 ^^) ended for around 1100€. So around 1/4 from the retail price ... wow, what a loss in value.

There was a charity auction from an italian seller some weeks ago and the same item (maybe also nr. 13 ^^) ended for around 1100€. So around 1/4 from the retail price ... wow, what a loss in value.

This one sold for $4000, that makes a 10% lose based on the original price of the number 13.

Guess you should have bought that statue, you would have made $2600 profit.

I have a feeling this one sold higher because Sideshow itself was auctioning it. In any case, these are not a good investment, but that should come as a surprise to no one.

Back