How many pre-ordered PF Spike & if not, how come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dayna

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey there fellow Buffy fans,

I have just read the most terrifying post ever:
Darklord Dave said:
Once they solicit it [PF Spike Exclusive] there's no real chance that he'll be cancelled. But as a fantastic rendition of the character I can't imagine every Buffy fan not buying it. If he doesn't sell that means it's less likely we'll get more Buffy PFs.

For reasons completely beyond my understanding the PF Spike is still available for purchase and even worse, has not once graced the Most Popular Products list, (as previously pointed out by olvidadero)

The mere suggestion of no more Buffy PFs has elevated my confusion to Great Concern! Please help me understand. Is the coat reallly that bigger deal? Surely one can have a longer coat made?
Everything else is absolutely perfect IMO, well... maybe not the base lettering but BIG DEAL!
You could always place Mr Pointy in front of it or something?

Including myself I know that at least 2 Spikes have been pre-ordered for keeps.

How many more of us have pre-ordered SPIKE PF?
And if not, please share why not?

By the way - I speak with NO authority whatsoever. Skip and the Judge PFs could be in the works as we type right now. But it's likely that if a line is selling that line will not continue. We've seen that happen before.

I understand that comment was not set in stone, which is why I said the "suggestion" of no more Buffy PFs :peace

i'm actually thinking of cancelling my Buffy PF for the Spike PF. He has more accessories and more detailed fabrication and sculpt, IMO. I just wished that he would come with different other shirt to swap with.

Well that's 3 ordered & 1 potential...

I am getting a coat tailor made once he arrives and when I can spare the cash. The length really does bother me but it doesn't outweigh the brilliance of the sculpt, I'm willing to put in the extra for him to be perfect.

If I may be so bold... I have not nor will not order the Spike PF. It's nothing against the piece. I saw at SDCC... it's beautiful! Everybody ordering it will be glad that they did. I also thought the Buffy PF was stunning as well. They will look great display together. Just not in my home. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Me, however, I cannot afford such a piece, both in price and in space. I own a few PFs (Hellboy, and the first two Lukes) so I understand the committment they demand. It was heartbreaking to cancel my Star Wars PF pre-orders but something had to give.

Basically I had to make a choice... collect the 12"ers or the PFs. Since I've played with and collected 12"ers ALL MY LIFE (starting with Captain Action back in the day) my heart lies in the 1:6 world. IF I was honest with myself, I just enjoy the poseability of the 12"ers. I just re-positioned and re-clothed my SS Jedi Luke to look like he did when he entered Jabba's lair (he has been in his final Dual with Vader garb ever since I bought him) and he looks totally different... it feels like a whole new figure to me. I like that option. You can't do that with statues... even ones as beautiful as the mix media PFs.

It's a matter of personal choice and economic limitations. I can live with that.

Enjoy your Spike PF. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I'm not ordering him, though I did order the Buffy PF. The reasons why are mainly price and space. Space actually being the bigger concern. I need to limit myself to only the PFs I absolutely want, which is why I only have two on order, Buffy and Boba Fett. I probably won't get another in the Buffy line, unless they make a really awesome Dark Willow or something.

I ordered him too, it seemed to me that when he was released everyone was crazy about him, from SS site and the con. Im abit puzzeled why he isnt up there, but he's just briliant so anyone not ordering it is missing out on the best spike and excl ever.
Money would be the issue though, and perhaps many avid Buffy and Angel fans are already collecting the 6" and 12" figures along with opther merchandise they cant afford it or dont want to for some reason. I cant be sure but I'm just certain I'll love it:D :D ...AND my Buffy.

I answered in the other Spike PF thread before I saw this one, but for me it comes down to money and space. I've never planned on collecting 1/4th scale Buffy. While I'm a Buffy fan, for me to spend that kind of money on individual figures the line would have to be either Dark Shadows or Pirates of the Caribbean, my two favorite fandoms, so-to-speak.

I'm satisfied with my 1/6th scale Buffy figures and they enable me to purchase more of the Buffy characters.

I never doubted it either. PF Spike is definitely going to be mine. I am a 12 inch and 6 inch Buffy collector. I'm giving the Diamond Select line a break because there are too many things coming out these days and my priorities lie in Sideshow. I pre-ordered PF Spike as soon as it became available. I must say, I'm short of money and couldn't afford this gorgeous statue right now, however I pre-ordered it and started saving money for the time my credit card gets charged. I just wanted to make sure I had mine, and start worrying about the money once he starts shipping. Plus I'm in the EU, so I will probably have extra time to make the final payment.

I gess money is the biggest issue when deciding wether to buy this precious statue or not. However, for me, if I had decided not to get it, it'd have been because of the sculpt. I mean, it's ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, but it's a re-do of the old 12 inch Spike, as far as I can see. Anyway, the Vamped out head is the best exclusive accesory ever made. That maybe was the factor that made me think: this is mine, no matter what!

olvidadero said:
but it's a re-do of the old 12 inch Spike, as far as I can see. Anyway, the Vamped out head is the best exclusive accesory ever made. That maybe was the factor that made me think: this is mine, no matter what!

Im actually aware that its a completely new sculpt, as its 1/4 scale not 1/6. Theyre both just so perfect its hard to tell.

I too ordered it without thought, I just have to have it. I feel most wont want a 1/6scale as they would prefer to have as many characters from the shows than afew doubles in 1/4 scale and 1/6. As there's going to be alot of character possibilities for these shows.

Im actually aware that its a completely new sculpt, as its 1/4 scale not 1/6. Theyre both just so perfect its hard to tell.

Really? You're probably right. I looked at both sculpts and they're so equally perfect I could've thought they're the same. Anyway, Oluf Hartvigson is the artist who did both, so I can see him altering the original sculpt just a bit to make it look subtly different for the PF version and then concentrate on the game face. I mean, I doubt he did a completely new sculpt having done a perfect one in the past... but you never know.

In all, being the same sculpt or not, the expressions and features are practically the same, so it's kind of like paying for the same figure in another scale (something I'll do no matter what, I'm a completist).

I have both the Buffy and Spike ordered, my first PF's ever. I've begun to think about cancelling the Spike though. My reasons would have to do with that a) I'd rather have an Angel PF to display with Buffy. and b) too much stuff is gonna be coming out at the same time to afford all of it. I ordered the 1/6 scale Jabba and environment which is scheduled around the same time as Spike and I can't afford $600 or $700 all at once.

I am not collecting any PFs, but I did get the Buffy because no where else can I get such a phenomenal piece. I have Spike on order, but am not sure if I'll keep or cancel him. I saw him also at SDCC, and he is perfect. I just don't know if I want another PF when I'm not really into the mixed media at the moment. This may all change though :D

Protozaius said:
If I may be so bold... I have not nor will not order the Spike PF. It's nothing against the piece. I saw at SDCC... it's beautiful! Everybody ordering it will be glad that they did. I also thought the Buffy PF was stunning as well. They will look great display together. Just not in my home. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Me, however, I cannot afford such a piece, both in price and in space. I own a few PFs (Hellboy, and the first two Lukes) so I understand the committment they demand. It was heartbreaking to cancel my Star Wars PF pre-orders but something had to give.

Basically I had to make a choice... collect the 12"ers or the PFs. Since I've played with and collected 12"ers ALL MY LIFE (starting with Captain Action back in the day) my heart lies in the 1:6 world. IF I was honest with myself, I just enjoy the poseability of the 12"ers. I just re-positioned and re-clothed my SS Jedi Luke to look like he did when he entered Jabba's lair (he has been in his final Dual with Vader garb ever since I bought him) and he looks totally different... it feels like a whole new figure to me. I like that option. You can't do that with statues... even ones as beautiful as the mix media PFs.

It's a matter of personal choice and economic limitations. I can live with that.

Enjoy your Spike PF. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Have to agree with most of what you've said here. As much as I love this figure, I just do not collect the PF figures. Price and space is the biggest reason why. I have the entire 12" collection for this line and adding all that up is quite a lot of money right there.

I think the fact that we just got D'Hoffryn and four upcoming Buffy/Angel 12" figures coming out in the very near future and the PF Buffy too has put a dent in most collectors pockets.

D'Hoffryn - just shipped recently
City of Angel - Estimated to ship in September
You're Welcome Cordy - Estimated to ship 4th quarter 2006
Lorne - Estimated to ship 1st quarter 2007
Giles - Estimated to ship 1st quarter 2007
PF Buffy - Estimated to ship September

That's a lot of figures in a short time span. And we normally don't get three 12" figures announced so closely together and then on top of that two PF figures available too. If PF Spike had been announced on his own without the competition of three amazing and highly desired 12" figures he'd be selling out quickly.

I totally agree. See Sideshow, it's not that we're not that interested in the line anymore, it's just that we're NOT rich! (most of us, I gess lol).

Back