What Sideshow has done to Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is just incredible what Sideshow has done with the Marvel license, they have raised the bar to all new heights with their Marvel releases. I think its just amazing that they get some of the most talented people in the sculpting biz and get them to sculpt some amazing pieces.

They've really changed the market place for comic sculptures and brought it to a new level of creativity.

Hats off to Sideshow and the amazing artists that are creating these pieces!

I think it has to do with just that: creativity. They are letting the Gore Group, Andy, Pablo or whoever run with it and put out a quality product with the sculptor's vision. They'll back them up and put it out there for our benefit. Not many companies would take chances with some unorthodox pieces like the Doom Archieve set. They would just play it safe and give us the usual characters with generic poses we have seen before.

Sideshow really seems to appreciate (as fans themselves) the chance to offer these characters in a way we may not have seen before. :cool:

I also tink some companies like Bowen etc have a price frame which there collectors like but limits BD from being adventurous.
People that collect sideshow know they are getting quality and are prepared to pay a little bit more

I agree that sideshow really tries to make statues creative, with dynamic or unusual poses. A sitting Dr. Doom that rocked and iron man in shiny armour in a stopped posture and all those dynamic poses with the vs. line. The quality of the paintjob and the materials really make sideshow first class. Bowen has a few nice pieces like moon knight, silver surfer, and hawkeye but the paint application and poses don't compare to sideshow and the pieces doesn't have polystone heft, it looks and feels like resin. I think sideshow will grab more marvel fans as time passes, but the market is rather oversaturated right now.

Yup,

Both the VS. line and the comiquettes are MUCH better than Bowen pieces.

Awesome works guys.

I'm just happy I'm not a huge Marvel fan or else I probably would go broke with how awesome these are. If I were a Fantastic Four fan that PF Doom would be a must and thank goodness I'm not a hulk fan because that PF really rocks!

Yea its going to look fricking awesome having Wolverine and the Hulk facing off!

I've always been a big fan of this Bowen Captain America statue but would love to see Sideshow top it:

cap_big.jpg

Viking28 said:
Yea its going to look fricking awesome having Wolverine and the Hulk facing off!
Grr, it's ideas like that that make me want to get it regardless of being a fan or not...

I liked the Hard Hero Captain America, but ultimately decided that for the price I would rather wait for a PF.

Viking28 said:

Why dream with a comiquette and a PF? bring on the Vs diorama and live the magic everyday! :cool:

A John Cassaday Captain America PF would be awesome.

SolidLiquidFox said:
A John Cassaday Captain America PF would be awesome.
Note to self:

If you are prompted to do a Google search for a John Cassaday Captain America never, EVER, click on a link that also has "Liefeld" in the title. :yuck

Khev said:
Note to self:

If you are prompted to do a Google search for a John Cassaday Captain America never, EVER, click on a link that also has "Liefeld" in the title. :yuck
Please don't let me re-live the nightmare that's called Liefeld....in any comics.

Yeh well Im no Marvel fan(except for afew series..i.e Runaways) and I think theyre unreal. I wanted to buy Hulk and I dont even like Hulk that much! It just looked too cool to pass up, and thats something coming from a DC junkie.
Sideshow brings astounding life into every single piece they do for the Marvel line.
When it comes down to it, this is how it runs in my head:

NOT FAIR! Why cant I have a GOOD DC line!:monkey2
Still waiting for that dream Batman PF, Statue or Diorama someday..dont be mean DC and let Marvel have all the fun! Give Sideshow the honour!

rogueboy said:
Please don't let me re-live the nightmare that's called Liefeld....in any comics.
Haha... Liefeld... He could draw backgrounds "real good!" :rotfl

I used to have an "instructional" video with Liefeld and the wonderful Stan Lee. Liefeld was showing how he draws characters, in particular, Cable... Ugh... and I like Cable.

And, thank you, Sideshow! I love all the MARVEL stuff. I may be premature now, but I would love a Captain America Premium Format Figure!

Back