Darth Vader premium format figure, 1/6 scale figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking to get my first sideshow Darth Vader figure, and I am seeking advice on what route to go. I really would like Vader in a premium format, but the cheapest I can find him on Evilbay is around $800. Which is way too much! So does anyone know/think if Sideshow will produce another Vader premium format?-My other route is a 1/6 scale Vader I heard Sideshow is releasing another one these sometime here soon an ESB or ROTJ version. So is that my best bet? If so does anyone have a release or price estimate? Also there is the option of waiting years for Hot Toys to do their first Vader, but I don't if or when they will do one considering sideshow has done one, and is about to release another. Thanks for you help and opinions guys, and happy collecting!-Brad

Vader being one of the most popular SW characters and being a PF that SSC made early on, makes me think there's a very good chance he will be seen again in the PF format.

SSC will be releasing a 1:6 Vader hopefully sometime next year and best guesses have that in the $200 range - still way cheaper then the PF.

Personally, I'd avoid the PF mark-up and hope for another on in the future and I would just grab the 1:6 version when that comes out. If you need a Vader fix until then, the Vader vs Luke dio is pretty cool.

Sideshow has confirmed a new Vader PF is in the works... and to be honest the first PF is not the greatest representation you can find. I'm not a huge snob when it comes to Vader, but even I can see how off the PF helmet is.

The ANH 1/6 figure is great, but needs a bit of work to be better. But if you aren't in a hurry a new 1/6 figure has been shown at SDCC but has not gone up for pre-order yet. It will cost more than the first one retailed for, but maybe less than the mark-up the ANH currently has.

I think i heard that the ssc new 1/6 vader waS SCHEDUELD TO GO UP FOR PRE ORDER like last month but didn't make it so im guessing will see a pre order at sppoktacular!

Just checked the SSC site; not yet listed.Oddly, neither is the Medicom version.Patience, my friend;in time he will seek you out(sorry;couldn't resist)...PS

Back