Value in keeping the Hasbra 12" Tauns and Wampa?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerh

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi All

New to the boards and loving it so far!!

So, here is my question... I have been going through my collection of stuff and selling off a lot - And I have the 2 12" Tauntauns with Luke and Han, and the 12" Wampa all loose -

I am sort of questioning the Keep or sell aspect - I know Sideshows TaunTaun will be awesome, but I also prob cant afford it -

Is there any value in holding onto the stuff for now? I mean value in that I see they get an OK price loose, but nothing great -

Sorry - Just thinking out loud - Its one of those things that I "kinda" really like, but "kinda" wanna sell - Just looking for outside motivation for one or the other I guess :)

I think a lot of the Hasbro items can be customized to look better... and honestly w/o seeing what Sideshow has to offer on either it's hard to say what the best option is.

The Wampa is a pretty bad figure though, so unless you just love him or want to do a lot of work on him he's probably not a keeper... but the TaunTaun is decent and I think with a repaint (or if you're crazy adding hair) could go a long way towards looking great.

And if you decide against that, you could always chop off the TaunTaun head and make a trophy for Jabba :lecture

taunb.jpg

taunh.jpg

I've always thought Hasbro's strength in their 1/6 scale was the vehicles. TaunTauns, Bloodfin, SpeederBikes, I wish Hasbro would have done more tbh. If you like Hoth stuff (and who doesn't?) why not keep the TaunTauns even if you replace Han and Luke? Unless they're just to big for your display area, then throw em my way for a couple bucks. :wave

I would keep the Tauntauns. It might be a long time before SS produces them. When SS do come out with theirs it can be very expensive. I've got a couple of hasbro speederbikes. I plan to keep them. I'll have to see what SS version is like and how much they cost as well.

I would keep the Tauntauns. It might be a long time before SS produces them. When SS do come out with theirs it can be very expensive. I've got a couple of hasbro speederbikes. I plan to keep them. I'll have to see what SS version is like and how much they cost as well.

Totally OT, great board name, the Red Eye episode is one of my all time favorites of BSG. :hi5:

Sideshow's Taun Tauns will likely be sculpted out of polystone and confined to one pose affixed to a heavy display base like the Dewback. And of course theirs will be expensive. The Hasbro ones make a good economical alternative.

The Hasbro Wampa looks like...

abominable-snowman.jpg

Totally OT, great board name, the Red Eye episode is one of my all time favorites of BSG. :hi5:

Thanks. I'm a big fan of the original BSG. I was 11 when it came out. I have a full size Cylon costume at home.

Ha - The wampa totally does look like that!! Has anyone modified their Wampa / TaunTaun to look better??? (I guess furring it would make them better, but Im not going down that road - Last time I did that I 3rd degree burned my thumb with hit glue!)

Ha ha! After all these years I just opened my Luke and Taun Taun and gave them to my 3 (soon to be 4) year old daughter. She loves them, but honestly, sometimes I cringe when I see what she does to/with them.

I never opened mine.. now I wish I would have at least gotten my enjoyment out of them.

Back