Anyone thought of a football helmet display case?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickshaw2814

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone displayed their figures in football helmet case? I bought one from my local Michaels since they were on sale and think I may buy a couple more. I know for a fact that I will display the Joker in it (possibly SWAT Gordon if I can get one) because he will be sitting down at the table he comes with but I'm more curious if anyone has put Batman in one? Here's what they look like.

https://www.michaels.com/BLACK-FOOT...tml?cgid=products-framing-studiodecor&start=1

I know the dimensions say 11.5" but it really is more like 12.5 because it sinks in a little at the base for the glass top to fit into. I would like to see how much room is left after you put him in there, if any. These are nice because it's a mirror on the back wall so you can get a full view and there are so many ideas I have for displaying Batman and Bane in one, and buy a bigger one to put Catwoman and the Bat-Pod in.

Please share if you have done this and let me know how Batman fits and share some pics!

Thanks for any help guys!

I'm not sure how a 12" fig would look but I used to have my faux bronze Yoda/Dooku statue in one of those until I sold it. They are a good size for lots of things.

I'm not sure how a 12" fig would look but I used to have my faux bronze Yoda/Dooku statue in one of those until I sold it. They are a good size for lots of things.

That's what I was thinking too. And at $35 + tax a piece I couldn't pass it up. I figure if nothing else I could display something else in them because as you said they are a good size for a lot of things. And it's not to hard to put some kind of lighting i it/on it either.

No, But I am using 4 of 5 Football display cases for some 1/6 scale and 1/5 scale figures, Lulu from FF, 2 Spawn Babes fighting each other in one and Spawn on a Cross for another and a Custom Spawn Samurai Lotus in the 4th, will post pic's later

No, But I am using 4 of 5 Football display cases for some 1/6 scale and 1/5 scale figures, Lulu from FF, 2 Spawn Babes fighting each other in one and Spawn on a Cross for another and a Custom Spawn Samurai Lotus in the 4th, will post pic's later

Cool. Appreciate that. I'm really hoping that 1/6 Batman and Bane can fit in one though. They're a nice display case that isn't that much money. In Indiana these are really my only option. We have no Ikea's and all curio cabinets are not the style I'm looking for and are outrageously expensive.

That is the exact case I have at the moment and it is a really nice display case.
However, the case on its own is too small for batman hot toys, the ears make it barely too big for the case. I had the biggest problem with the Michael Keaton Batman, the ears were getting bent. The Jack Nicholson joker barely fits with its hat on. Honestly the case is not good for 1/6 scale figures.
I had to actually modify the case a little so they can fit.

Sorry for the bad pictures
IMG_6122.jpg

I know it's very hard to tell but the ears are barely not touching the display box
IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

the way I was able to make the figures fit is by adding sports tape, i rolled it up then cut it to were the base starts and I would put them on each corner
IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

doing this barely gave the batman figures enough space, like I said it's a beautiful case but just too small unless you can make some changes to it. hope this helps

That is the exact case I have at the moment and it is a really nice display case.
However, the case on its own is too small for batman hot toys, the ears make it barely too big for the case. I had the biggest problem with the Michael Keaton Batman, the ears were getting bent. The Jack Nicholson joker barely fits with its hat on. Honestly the case is not good for 1/6 scale figures.
I had to actually modify the case a little so they can fit.

Sorry for the bad pictures
IMG_6122.jpg

I know it's very hard to tell but the ears are barely not touching the display box
IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

the way I was able to make the figures fit is by adding sports tape, i rolled it up then cut it to were the base starts and I would put them on each corner
IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

doing this barely gave the batman figures enough space, like I said it's a beautiful case but just too small unless you can make some changes to it. hope this helps

Thanks for that man, it helps a lot! That was exactly what I was talking about. And that was my main concern with the case and why I specifically mentioned Batman. The ears! but I like your solution to raising the top with corner pieces. And although I wish there was more head space, like I said my options are limited so I have to work with what I have access to. Thanks for the pics and solution!

I understand, as long as you raise the case you will be fine. If you do end up using the wrist tape I also recommend adding a little bit of cotton to the top of the tape or else when you pick up the case the tape gets stuck to the case. I hope you do end up finding a solution you like nickshaw2814. If you find anything else that works please I would love to hear about it.:hi5:

Will do brother. I have a few ideas about what to use as risers and I'll let you know what I go with in case you want to try it as well!

I like those and saw those at Michaels, or at least ones like that. I'm doing a Bane/Batman fight scene so they would both need to fit in the same display. If I don't find a display big enough to house both of them then I will be going that route with some LED lights and making a base for them. Or possibly just using the base that comes with the figures. It would be so much easier if there was an IKEA that was close to me lol

Micheals-related: I thought they had more options when it came to clear display cases.

I'm looking for a clear (not mandatory) case, about 9x9x9. I have a Rocketeer PF on the bottom shelf of my Detolf, and it's a really awkward amount of height between the PF and the 2nd shelf.

I'm looking to raise the PF up about 8-9" so it's higher up. The only case I saw was the basketball case, but 10+" would be too high, since I don't want him touching the next shelf.

Anyone know where to get something like this / or have a better idea to raise the PF?

Back