HELP: Repairing knee joint, can't find right screw parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haytil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

The peg in my Cool Girl body's knee joint snapped, so I am trying to repair it. I found this tutorial:

https://erix7.home.xs4all.nl/models/cgkneefix.html

Specifically, I'm using the second section (repairing a CG v2 knee). However, I can't seem to find anything called "threaded wire." It specifically calls for:

-threaded steel (not brass) wire (DIN M2 in Europe, in any case about 2mm/0.0787in outer diameter)

But I don't know if it's a language issue or what - nobody seems to know or carry anything called "threaded wire," which I presume is a long wire-like rod with screw threads that you can clip to the right length.

I also cannot find long, thin screws (2 mm in diameter) as a substitute - I've called every hardware store here in Chicago, but nobody carries them that small.

Can anyone direct me to as to where I can find 2 mm threaded wire or, barring that, 2 mm screws (at least 1 cm long)? If I have to shop online, that's fine, as long as it's the right size. I don't have enough hardware knowledge to be able to find this stuff online (my google searches have been fruitless, probably due to my limited hardware vocabulary).

Thanks.

Back