Most number of figures on 1 detolf shelf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My max is 3, any more than that and I feel you can't fully observe/enjoy each figure.

Last edited:
For Hot Toys stuff, I actually put 4 in, but they are back to back. Meaning that you only really are looking at 2 at one time. This only works if you're not putting your detolfs against a wall.

Depends on what it is... I've got anywhere from 2 to 6. I actually had more at one time, but they were zombies and I liked the "horde" effect I was able to achieve.

Examples:
ddx-2.jpg

kkb.jpg

gbh.jpg

l.jpg

This was 5, but I stuck Dr. Frankenstein in their... not too happy, and I'm pushing it on space, but I think it will be okay once I shift them around a bit
ddt-2.jpg

All put together:

ddl-2.jpg

Extreme example of a Horde effect:
(9 total on one shelf)

ggl.jpg

5-6 if you really squeeze them in there, but I think 4 is a good number if you stick them in the corners. 5 if you stick one in the middle. 6 total if you put three in the front and three in the back. But less certainly looks better, but if space is the issue, then you can get a few in there before it starts looking crowded.

Optimally, three is my preference. But I do have space issues, so I often end up with four. But I will use clear risers to boost up the figures in the back.

I used to think 3 was the max I would want, but when I put 5 in there in a V-pattern, I actually liked it more than just having 3.

DSC_0316.jpg

It is true you can't admire the entire figures completely, but I still dig it more.

Dr. Frankenstein looks boss where he is posed. At least at that angle. :lol

Thanks, I was trying to get him to be a bit apart looking from the rest :lol

I used to think 3 was the max I would want, but when I put 5 in there in a V-pattern, I actually liked it more than just having 3.

DSC_0316.jpg

It is true you can't admire the entire figures completely, but I still dig it more.

Hmmm... I like this quite a bit; I don't think it would work for all series; but where you have a clear main character/focus it looks great! And even though the ones in the back are somewhat covered you can still see most of them.

Yeah, you're right about that. To me, that Terminator is the most important character from that entire franchise :D

If I had all the Colonial Marines I would try something similar with them.

DSC_0316.jpg

That is amazing mate, just wondering how I'm gonna fit Hulk into a formation like that :panic:

One figure per shelf for me. I'm very minimalistic & like each shelf being the focus of that one figure.

Back