Universal Monsters- Series 3 - Toys R Us Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_B

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw these at the local Toys R Us in Albany, GA. They were selling for $15.99. Overall I think the paint-apps are much improved this series--the fine detail on the Metaluna Mutant is especially good. Resisted the temptation but will most likely get them eventually. The Diamond Select versions of Metaluna and The Phantom are the ones I will definitely pick-up.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Saw these at my TRU. Really good sculpts and paint apps! If I was a fan of the old schools I would pick them up in a heart beat.

Saw them and they looked SO GOOD! I got the new Jasons instead, but on my next trip in, these guys are mine!

Saw these on my last trip to TRU. They look pretty good, but I already have the Sideshow Phantom and Invisible Man and they look way better.

Might grab that Metaluna, though. Anyone here have the Sideshow and Diamond Metaluna? How does the Diamond version
compare to it?

I have a complete set of the 8" Sideshow Universal Monsters Series. I would say that the Diamond Metaluna (based on seeing it in the package) compares very favorably. The Toys R Us exclusive version has a fairly bland base which is not as nice as the one on the Sideshow version which has the title of the film.

The Diamond Select Metaluna Mutant version comes with the interocitor (big machine) and it is definitely the one to get. The unmasked sculpt of The Phantom in the Diamond Select version looks really good, and the organ is a great accessory.

Diamond is stepping up their game. At this point, the playing field is leveling in comparison to the Sideshow 8" versions, which are the standard-bearers for most collectors. Sideshow's have a craftsmanship to the sculpts that is hard to top, but these are worthy additions to any collection.

Saw these on my last trip to TRU. They look pretty good, but I already have the Sideshow Phantom and Invisible Man and they look way better.

Might grab that Metaluna, though. Anyone here have the Sideshow and Diamond Metaluna? How does the Diamond version
compare to it?

I've been eying these guys for a few week now. I'm thinking about grabbing the Invisible Man and getting the comic shop version of Phantom, where he doesn't have the mask on.

I've got the other 6 in my collection, so I definitely want to get these new one, though the Metaluna isn't high on my priorities since I've never seen the film.

I have not seen the final packaged version, but based off publicity photos it looks like the deluxe version is unmasked only. It would be nice if they had both heads.

When they were previewing this series last year there was going to be a Diamond Select version of the Invisible Man which looked pretty cool. Now there is just the exclusive "regular" version at TRU. Here is a photo of what could have been.

ry%3D480

I THINK the Diamond Select, Deluxe version has both heads, with all accessories, but instead of whatever base is in the TRU set, he has the big organ.

What's with the Monsters Models I saw at Toys R Us? they were this 8 inch plastic models that went for 8 bucks,

does anyone have a pic? I was shaking the box and it felt really light and cheap plastic, like not even worth it, you'r supposed to assemble it and paint it, that sounded really good but I did not know what to make of it

What's with the Monsters Models I saw at Toys R Us? they were this 8 inch plastic models that went for 8 bucks,

does anyone have a pic? I was shaking the box and it felt really light and cheap plastic, like not even worth it, you'r supposed to assemble it and paint it, that sounded really good but I did not know what to make of it

Those are more than worth it. At least to us old farts.

BB

Those are more than worth it. At least to us old farts.

BB

the idea of putting it together and painting it sounded great, but since I could not see inside the box I had no idea if it was any good, I might even pick some up

Saw Invisable Man and Meta Mutant at TRU today. I think I'm going to dive head first into this line now. Does anyone have an easy guide to all of the variations of this line? I know Frank, Drac, Mum, and Creature all had deluxe versions. Did anyone else (besides the upcoming Meta and Phantom)?

Is the line just:

Frankenstein
Dracula
Wolfman
Mummy
Creature
Bride of Frankenstein

and now Invisable Man, Metaluna Mutant, and Phantom?

Back