How to open the belt of Capt America :S

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eterniandreams

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can someone please help?
I bought all my Capt America parts online.
I finally got the belt, but dont know how to get on.
Does the belt open? I dont think it fits to slide over the trousers..
Help? :S

Can someone please help?
I bought all my Capt America parts online.
I finally got the belt, but dont know how to get on.
Does the belt open? I dont think it fits to slide over the trousers..
Help? :S

It is not made to go through the loops, it just wraps around the outside of his pants. Many other collectors have made comments about the belt riding below the top of the pants and not looking right, but that just the way it is for many of the first releases. (Some have said HT tightened the belt so it wouldn't drop so low, but nothing official.) The buckle has a magnet in it and is meant to hold the belt together, but it's pretty weak and Hot Toys added some glue. If you bought a belt that the seal has been broken to remove it from the figure just put a "TINY" spot of super glue between the two halves of the buckle lining them up square with each other and let it set up; that about all.

It is not made to go through the loops, it just wraps around the outside of his pants. Many other collectors have made comments about the belt riding below the top of the pants and not looking right, but that just the way it is for many of the first releases. (Some have said HT tightened the belt so it wouldn't drop so low, but nothing official.) The buckle has a magnet in it and is meant to hold the belt together, but it's pretty weak and Hot Toys added some glue. If you bought a belt that the seal has been broken to remove it from the figure just put a "TINY" spot of super glue between the two halves of the buckle lining them up square with each other and let it set up; that about all.

Ah, so the buckle DOES open :D
I didn't want to tear anything apart. THe Rifle already came broken from HongKong. :S

THANKS A LOT for your help!

Johan

yeah I just ripped the leather part off one side of the buckle, looped it through and super-glued it back. It worked great.

I spent 2 hurs trying to open the buckle, but is was REALLY glued stuck.
So I slided it. One side of the baggy thingies ripped loose and I glued it.

So it is on there now :)

I wanted to use a belt on Cap’s pant, first I bought a Dragon Models belt and ran it through, but it looked too bulky, so I decide to use the ammo belt. I got my buckle loose only to find it was too big to go through the loops so I had to cut the leather apart and ran it through the loops and then re-glued everything back. That's when I noticed that one of the little rivets on the belt had hung and tore the belt when it pulled out. I tried repairing it, but it didn't look right. I got another belt off EBay and will leave things as is until which time I decide to put Cap away, and then I'm going to fix him back factory with the belt outside the pants.

Back