PDA

View Full Version : Amazing First Find!

PowermanX4
09-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi! I'm new to collecting premium collectible figures. I wasn't sure if I'd be into it, so I started off purchasing some of the cheaper NECA 7" figures, just to test the waters and see if I get more into it before I spend over $200.00 dollars on a figure. I live in Okinawa Japan, and there's an awesome thrift store near my home that sells everything! I took a trip there today and noticed that they had an American action figure section. I found a Used Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 2 for 35,000 yen, which translates into a little over $300.00 US dollars, which of course I passed on. Then I found a Medicom Darth Vader 2.0 for only 6800 yen, which is only $89.00 US dollars! I checked online to see what he went for brand new, and Sideshow Collectibles priced him at $300.00 Dollars! I couldn't believe it, I bought it immediately.

I figured that it much have been damaged or missing accessories, thus being so cheap. But this thing is MENT! Now that I have my first premium figure in my hands, I'm hooked!

Gipetto0812
09-03-2012, 12:42 AM
definitely an awesome find man! congrats!! :rock I'd totally buy that Vader in a heart beat for that price

oh and...

:welcome1:to the :FREAK: show :lsvader

KillerCam251
09-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Welcome man! And which store is this??? I am in Oki as well, I have been to a few that had some Kotobukiya Star Wars and Marvel figures, It looked like a black building with all kinds of stuff and a arcade.

Centurion
09-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Hi! I'm new to collecting premium collectible figures. I wasn't sure if I'd be into it, so I started off purchasing some of the cheaper NECA 7" figures, just to test the waters and see if I get more into it before I spend over $200.00 dollars on a figure. I live in Okinawa Japan, and there's an awesome thrift store near my home that sells everything! I took a trip there today and noticed that they had an American action figure section. I found a Used Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 2 for 35,000 yen, which translates into a little over $300.00 US dollars, which of course I passed on. Then I found a Medicom Darth Vader 2.0 for only 6800 yen, which is only $89.00 US dollars! I checked online to see what he went for brand new, and Sideshow Collectibles priced him at $300.00 Dollars! I couldn't believe it, I bought it immediately.

I figured that it much have been damaged or missing accessories, thus being so cheap. But this thing is MENT! Now that I have my first premium figure in my hands, I'm hooked!Wow, you robbed them! LOL!

Congrats and the word you're looking for is "mint".

:welcome1: to the forums.

Puay
09-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Chinese factories have been known to produce more than what their clients ordered and releasing the "extras" into the market. I am NOT:) saying this could be the case but this has been a repeating story.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-03-2012, 06:29 AM
But this thing is MENT! Now that I have my first premium figure in my hands, I'm hooked!
Meant to be yours by the sounds.. :D :lol :hi5:

Well done! It's a great thing to discover a super cool item - & at a bargain price to boot, so congrats for sure!

eczamurai
09-03-2012, 07:54 AM
More pics please! Congrats also!!! Far too few picturws of this figure on the board

PowermanX4
09-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome man! And which store is this??? I am in Oki as well, I have been to a few that had some Kotobukiya Star Wars and Marvel figures, It looked like a black building with all kinds of stuff and a arcade.

Yes the black building you're referring is called Manga Soko. There's two locations, one close to Kadena near Comprehensive Park, and one down in Naha, right after the Airport. I'm a video game collector as well, that's what I usually shop for when I visit, but then I discovered the figures. Do you know of any other place on Island that sell Figures? There's a Toys R' Us on island, but that place sucks. Here's another pic of Vader looking like a BOSS.

Niltusk
09-03-2012, 09:38 AM
New medi Vader is very cool looking, makes it twice as impressive at that price you paid though. :clap

KillerCam251
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes the black building you're referring is called Manga Soko. There's two locations, one close to Kadena near Comprehensive Park, and one down in Naha, right after the Airport. I'm a video game collector as well, that's what I usually shop for when I visit, but then I discovered the figures. Do you know of any other place on Island that sell Figures? There's a Toys R' Us on island, but that place sucks. Here's another pic of Vader looking like a BOSS.

Yea the toys r us does suck really bad here :lol but other than that one store I don't know much others unless your looking for Japanese themed stuff like anime.

MidnightClad
09-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Congrats man on that awesome find....but internally I am hating you for such an amazing deal LOL.

jkno
09-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Very cool find indeed! Congrats!

fantasymaker
09-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Congrats , great figure!!!!