Amazing First Find!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowermanX4

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to collecting premium collectible figures. I wasn't sure if I'd be into it, so I started off purchasing some of the cheaper NECA 7" figures, just to test the waters and see if I get more into it before I spend over $200.00 dollars on a figure. I live in Okinawa Japan, and there's an awesome thrift store near my home that sells everything! I took a trip there today and noticed that they had an American action figure section. I found a Used Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 2 for 35,000 yen, which translates into a little over $300.00 US dollars, which of course I passed on. Then I found a Medicom Darth Vader 2.0 for only 6800 yen, which is only $89.00 US dollars! I checked online to see what he went for brand new, and Sideshow Collectibles priced him at $300.00 Dollars! I couldn't believe it, I bought it immediately.

I figured that it much have been damaged or missing accessories, thus being so cheap. But this thing is MENT! Now that I have my first premium figure in my hands, I'm hooked!

definitely an awesome find man! congrats!! :rock I'd totally buy that Vader in a heart beat for that price

oh and...

:welcome1:to the :FREAK: show :lsvader

Welcome man! And which store is this??? I am in Oki as well, I have been to a few that had some Kotobukiya Star Wars and Marvel figures, It looked like a black building with all kinds of stuff and a arcade.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new to collecting premium collectible figures. I wasn't sure if I'd be into it, so I started off purchasing some of the cheaper NECA 7" figures, just to test the waters and see if I get more into it before I spend over $200.00 dollars on a figure. I live in Okinawa Japan, and there's an awesome thrift store near my home that sells everything! I took a trip there today and noticed that they had an American action figure section. I found a Used Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 2 for 35,000 yen, which translates into a little over $300.00 US dollars, which of course I passed on. Then I found a Medicom Darth Vader 2.0 for only 6800 yen, which is only $89.00 US dollars! I checked online to see what he went for brand new, and Sideshow Collectibles priced him at $300.00 Dollars! I couldn't believe it, I bought it immediately.

I figured that it much have been damaged or missing accessories, thus being so cheap. But this thing is MENT! Now that I have my first premium figure in my hands, I'm hooked!
Wow, you robbed them! LOL!

Congrats and the word you're looking for is "mint".

:welcome1: to the forums.

Chinese factories have been known to produce more than what their clients ordered and releasing the "extras" into the market. I am NOT:) saying this could be the case but this has been a repeating story.

Welcome man! And which store is this??? I am in Oki as well, I have been to a few that had some Kotobukiya Star Wars and Marvel figures, It looked like a black building with all kinds of stuff and a arcade.

Yes the black building you're referring is called Manga Soko. There's two locations, one close to Kadena near Comprehensive Park, and one down in Naha, right after the Airport. I'm a video game collector as well, that's what I usually shop for when I visit, but then I discovered the figures. Do you know of any other place on Island that sell Figures? There's a Toys R' Us on island, but that place sucks. Here's another pic of Vader looking like a BOSS.

New medi Vader is very cool looking, makes it twice as impressive at that price you paid though. :clap

Yes the black building you're referring is called Manga Soko. There's two locations, one close to Kadena near Comprehensive Park, and one down in Naha, right after the Airport. I'm a video game collector as well, that's what I usually shop for when I visit, but then I discovered the figures. Do you know of any other place on Island that sell Figures? There's a Toys R' Us on island, but that place sucks. Here's another pic of Vader looking like a BOSS.

Yea the toys r us does suck really bad here :lol but other than that one store I don't know much others unless your looking for Japanese themed stuff like anime.

Back