Hot Toys Spidey help needed!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhboyd

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
my Spidey 3 just fell off my shelf and busted his hip!! anyone ever fixed one of these?? is it even POSSIBLE to open the suit, switch bodies, and sew it back up reasonably???

anyone???

gimpy Spidey is sad....
-r.

Man that sucks,I would part it out and get a new one while they are still around 200 bucks.

Sorry to hear that:( I had that happen to me once, but it was hot toys t-2 arnie:thud: I would say see if you could get the truetype advanced and open the suit up along the seem, put in the truetype and sew it up. This is of course if you have sewing skill which I do not:dunno

That really sucks dude, sorry to hear it. Thanks for posting that it really makes me more conscience of how I place figures on display. Gosh you wouldnt think the plastic would be that brittle to break just from a fall.

Yeah, the only way I bet is to take the stitching out and restitch it, which is not something I would want to try. I agree with the suggestion that you part it out and pick up an extra. This figure is parted out so rarely (not sure I've ever seen it done) that you'll probably get a goodly amount for some of the stuff. Hell, you'll probably get $50 for the red hand pegs alone :D

Has anyone looked at the head under the mask? I'm really curious about it!

Yeah, you're pretty screwed I'm afraid. He is one of the new figures not meant to be undressed ever.

Does this apply to the Amazing Spider-man figure?, because I can't see any way it could be removed, of course putting civvies over the top of the Spidey suit would be more realistic, so to speak.

Hey dude, I don't know if this'll work but you could try it.

If you remove the hard plastic base on the foot (it pegs in) you will be able to possibly take the suit up a bit to see the damage. POSSIBLY...

My spidey went in the box.His waist is broken,his ankle is broken and his leg mold is broken.I cut him open,fixed his waist and sewn him again but the waist broke again so he just sits in his box now.

Hey dude, I don't know if this'll work but you could try it.

If you remove the hard plastic base on the foot (it pegs in) you will be able to possibly take the suit up a bit to see the damage. POSSIBLY...

ooooooooo!!! that's a great idea!!!
thanks!!
-r.

my Spidey 3 just fell off my shelf and busted his hip!! anyone ever fixed one of these?? is it even POSSIBLE to open the suit, switch bodies, and sew it back up reasonably???

anyone???

gimpy Spidey is sad....
-r.

You would have no problem selling that Spiderman suit. I would suggest you try this guy's tip [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhRQQ2X5U7g[/ame] he shows how to remove the mask if you want to put the Peter Parker head on the R&B Body. You may as well go all out if you're going to be taking the suit off.

Back