Why is PF Spike not in the top ten?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
It surprises me finding Lorne in the first places of the list and not Spike. Maybe it's because of the price, right? Or the fact that it's an old sculpt... But not even a 9th or 10th place... it doesn't look good. I pre-ordered mine, I hope it doesn't get cancelled or anything.:monkey3 You know, it's Spike, one of the most beloved characters from the Buffy-verse, getting the best possible treatment, and with an irresistible exclusive accesory...what's going on?

Once they solicit it there's no real chance that he'll be cancelled. But as a fantastic rendition of the character I can't imagine every Buffy fan not buying it. If he doesn't sell that means it's less likely we'll get more Buffy PFs.

it looks fantastic. I like the exclusive as well. You get 2 variant facial feature for the price of 1. you can't go wrong :chew

olvidadero said:
It surprises me finding Lorne in the first places of the list and not Spike. Maybe it's because of the price, right?

Yep, it's the price. Sideshow always produces more 12-inch figures than Premium Format ones because more people can afford to collect 12-inch figures. I wouldn't worry. This Spike statue is amazing. I'm sure it will sell fine.

I agree with whats been said too.
While Spike is imo one of Sideshow best PF's and has THE best exclusive theyve ever offered, its more due to money. The thing with doing PF's of TV shows is that although theyre offereing a higher quality product(thankyou sidehsow:D ) it also means your going to get less characters. People are more inclined to buy many 12" figures from a show as there as so many characters in tv universes. And also films too (sw, lotr) So your going to get people who want to have as many characters in a collection from a show, and those who want to spend more and get main characters and less of them. And then those who'll buy everything!:monkey5
Personally I've decided to only buy afew PF's from films and shows that sum them up in a beautiful representation of that character.
But thats just me.:D

It's a crime that Spike PF is not in the top ten, STILL!!!
I don't understand why he hasn't sold out by now let alone make the top ten.

C'MON Buffy fans!!! You heard the Administrator:
"If he doesn't sell that means it's less likely we'll get more Buffy PFs.":mad:
:cuss

Spike, I say... :bow SPIKE :bow MUST sell out soon! I still need my PF Angel and Dark Witch Willow!!!

I PROTEST :censored

Seems to me that most fans on the board are loving it and ordering or contemplating. Its puzzling:confused:
I do want an Angel PF then Im satisfied. Illyria would be TOO cool though:monkey3

SPIKE!

There's no doubt that the likeness is awesome and one of SSC's best (IMO), but I'm while I'm an old school Buffy fan from back in the day ;), I've never wanted to collect 1/4th scale Buffy. I'm satisfied with having the 1/6th.

Having Spike and not Angel.. that'll be weird. I want to display my PF Buffy (no, I didn't cancel it, I WANT her) in the middle of the two men of her life.

olvidadero said:
Having Spike and not Angel.. that'll be weird. I want to display my PF Buffy (no, I didn't cancel it, I WANT her) in the middle of the two men of her life.

Yeh I also want it because it works so well with the shows. Buffy represents Buffy, Angel his show and Spike was a main character through both runs so its an even and complete set.

I said this in the other PF Spike thread. With four upcoming Buffy/Angel 12" figures and PF Buffy also coming soon and PF Spike being scheduled for release in the 1st Quarter 2007, there is just way too much coming out in a short time span.

For most of us, our primary collection is the 12" figures and we have City of Angel shipping next month and then Cordy shipping in the 4th qtr, and Lorne & Giles shipping 1st qtr 2007. That's three highly desired figures being announced and scheduled for shipping pretty rapidly after their announcements. And with City of Angel and PF Buffy shipping in September that's a lot of money being spent in a very short time period.

Normally when we get several new figures announced they are usually spread out a lot further on when to expect delivery and aren't normally scheduled for release so soon after their announcements.

If they had put Spike for 2nd or 3rd quarter he may have been fairing better in sales. Just way too much at once.

And I will add that I do not collect the PF figures. I just can't afford it and I don't have the space for them either.

And although I don't collect other lines a lot of Buffy collectors do. There is a lot of competition going on with the Star Wars and LOTR stuff coming out soon too.

Josette said:
There's no doubt that the likeness is awesome and one of SSC's best (IMO), but I'm while I'm an old school Buffy fan from back in the day ;), I've never wanted to collect 1/4th scale Buffy. I'm satisfied with having the 1/6th.

I had a 1/6 scale Buffy ages ago, the first SS Hush and decided to get rid of her. With this decision came a rule never to collect any Buffy memorabillia at all, (huh, never say never :rolleyes: ) managed to refrain from the awesome Diamond busts and even the new GG busts currently on sale UNTIL SS create THE Buffy collectible in beautiful 1/4 scale.
I really didn't want to start on Buffy line, couldn't afford to and still can't - like Firefly Flanatic said - I am a collector SW, AVP and some LOTR too and the last thing I needed was another line to keep up with!!!
So I chose the FLEX. Thank God for FLEX!!
Like my attitude with Spike's coat, if Buffy's hair aint good enough I'm off to the doll shop for a wig. You can't beat those sculpts. AWESOME!!

I'm going to put Spike behind Buffy, hoping to manipulate his arms enough to be around her, and the 1/4 scale Angel looking broodily on, maybe raising his weapon at Spike or something, because hey - SS ARE going to make a 1/4 Angel. They have to right??!!

I don't understand why he hasn't sold out by now let alone make the top ten.

Has Sideshow even announced the edition size yet? I don't see it on the product page.

Why is anyone wondering why it hasn't sold out if the edition size hasn't been set?

The exclusive KISS figures have edition sizes of only 200 and they haven't sold out yet.

ffl1940 said:
Has Sideshow even announced the edition size yet? I don't see it on the product page.
Why is anyone wondering why it hasn't sold out if the edition size hasn't been set?
The exclusive KISS figures have edition sizes of only 200 and they haven't sold out yet.

I know, it's weird how it works but most pieces do sell out before the edition size is announced.
I guess SS tally how many orders the piece has received and if it meets a certain quota they close reservations??
Darklord is that even close to how it works?
Anyhow, Spike not being in the top ten is perplexing at best, especially the Euro market, I hear he's huge in France!

Well, I gess people from Europe prefer getting these figures from eBay or retailers. I got my whole 1/6 Buffy collection out of eBay (except for a couple I got from shops). I don't like paying almost $80 for shipping a figure to my country, when I can get it shipped for no more than $20, and that's for a 1/6 figure, imagine shipping and VAT for a PF statue. This is the first time I pre-order from SSC.com as I consider the interchangeable heads the best exclusive ever, worth the extra money. However, I find it abusive that I have to pay almost the same price for shipping as I pay for the figure.

Last edited:
olvidadero said:
Well, I gess people from Europe prefer getting these figures from eBay or retailers. I got my whole 1/6 Buffy collection out of eBay (except for a couple I got from shops). I don't like paying almost $80 for shipping a figure to my country, when I can get it shipped for no more than $20, and that's for a 1/6 figure, imagine shipping and VAT for a PF statue. This is the first time I pre-order from SSC.com as I consider the interchangeable heads the best exclusive ever, worth the extra money. However, I find it abusive that I have to pay almost the same price for shipping as I pay for the figure.

That's a point! I didn't think of the shipping. For some reason I assume most people buy direct from SS like I do. The shipping can be a killer but purchasing SS items in Australia amounts to the same, if not more, amount of money than having to pay for freight. The only time I try to find a cheaper option is when I know the value will attract a duty/tax charge (usually an additional $200 just for getting it in the country!). Other than that I am happy to order directly from SS, do it all the time. I like the option of exchange/refund and dealing with SS is far more pleasant than most e-tailers.

Back