Star Wars Uncut: The Empire Strikes Back

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had Star Wars Uncut playing at CVI, but there was just too much going on to attend that screening. :(

I saw SW: Uncut in a tiny theater in Seattle over the summer, which had only 77 seats. Kind of fitting I think. And it was sold out of course. That was a fun night. Like Waller said though, no time for this at CVI, too much going on...

Alright dammit! I claimed a scene, with R2 in it. The most R2 I could find in the clips that were available. I'm going to use my new tattoo of R2 for his parts and cast somebody for the Luke part. Although I have no idea what I am doing. I don't have any professional video equipment, and hope I can edit this scene together on my MacBook Air...

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Each fan makes 15 seconds of the film in whatever way they see fit, with actors, cutouts, clay, whatever as long as it's decent. Then the whole film will be cobbled together and shown as one piece. Star Wars: Uncut was even sanctioned by Lucasfilm and included John Williams' score. It was just fun, so I wanted to be part of this second effort. Plus, ESB is my favorite, so...

Each fan makes 15 seconds of the film in whatever way they see fit, with actors, cutouts, clay, whatever as long as it's decent. Then the whole film will be cobbled together and shown as one piece. Star Wars: Uncut was even sanctioned by Lucasfilm and included John Williams' score. It was just fun, so I wanted to be part of this second effort. Plus, ESB is my favorite, so...

Oh okay, thanks. So this involves like work and stuff. I'm out. :lol

Oh okay, thanks. So this involves like work and stuff. I'm out. :lol

:rotfl

Yeah, but for me, it's ESB, and I want to get my new R2D2 tattoo into this film if at all possible. I don't even know what I'm doing, or even if recording on some crappy camera or even the iPhone will cut it, but I'm going to give it a try. And this is with me being back to full time work an school too. I've got solid ideas for the shots already, and it's only 15 seconds, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm going to have fun with this.

I was actually thinking I'd keep mine a secret to make it fun. :wink1: If you're curious I can PM it to you. And yeah, totally. If you need any help at all, let me know!

Nope, that's totally cool that you want to keep it secret. I'll let you know if I have any issues making the video. I'm mostly concerned with resolution issues. I only have a kind of old Sony Cybershot, and my iPhone to try to do this with. Pretty sure I can figure out how to utilize iMovie to piece together what looks like three shots in my 15 second piece. I'm thinking, I'll at least have to track down a tripod, as no scene in ESB is shaky cam.

Damn, I hated Hunger Games, because all I could see during the entire movie was shaky cam! :mad:

Alright, I just read the rules and FAQs. I didn't even know that we could choose three scenes (one at at time though). So when I get the first one done, I'll do another couple of R2 scenes. These will ultimately be voted upon for inclusion in the film, so it seems like making a few would increase our odds of being included in the final iteration.

Time to get to work! On Star Wars! :D

I'm still trying to figure out which scene I want...I'm thinking something from the start with Luke and the wampa or on Dagobah. Totally missed out on ANH so no way I'm missing out on this!

Back