Recommend me a good shelve.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack00

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if you knew a good shelve that seals hermetically so it doesn't let any dust in.
Right now this is what I have: https://www.ikea.com/ca/fr/catalog/products/10119206/
But each side has like a 3mm opening that lets dust in. And since I am getting some premium format figures, I don't want any crap going on the cloth pieces on the statue 'cause you know, it's a ***** to clean up.
So what are you guys using ?
Thanks.

I think a shelf like this found in Home Depot or Lowes and other size variations are the best and safest shelf for collectables.

https://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5y...d=-1&keyword=edsal&storeId=10051#.UD6PvKP4Jkc

Then buy two of the same size case to put your stuff in from this place. (caseforcollectables don't list anything over I think 30 inches long for statues/figurines possibly because a glass longer than 30 or so inches with a tall height will be very flimsy and break)

https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/

Close example is what I posted today:

005.jpg

1 Large Maybang + 23x23x25 case from caseforcollectables on one shelf. This shelf comes out of the box with 5 adjustable shelves. Adjust according to your needs and have a customize case that can cover your stuff.

Yeah I was just looking at your pics in the colossus thread, very nice. Maybe I'll get one 1large maybang so when the batman premium arrives I can put both my joker and batman in one. They are so expensive tho grrrr.

Well crap I just checked the Maybang Height and it's 23.5H and joker/batman are 24-25 :s Gonna have to make custom made. This is gonna be so freaking expensive... Maybe i'll get another shelve like I got (link in first post) and find a way to plug the side of the door so prevent dust from going in...

The DETOLF shelfs look nice but there is no way I would put premium formats on them, way too heavy for the shelfs in my opinion. I have a Detolf and I only put Legendary scale busts on it and I don't even think it will hold them. Or maybe I'm just paranoid

Well i was planning to put the joker Pf in it like I mentionned, not a particulary heavy statue so i'm not worried. I saw lots of people put alot heavier statues in them and they seem to be holding just fine. On the other hand I wouldn't put my Skaar in it heh.

Well i was planning to put the joker Pf in it like I mentionned, not a particulary heavy statue so i'm not worried. I saw lots of people put alot heavier statues in them and they seem to be holding just fine. On the other hand I wouldn't put my Skaar in it heh.

If your going to put a $350 + statue(s) on it, why not invest on a sturdy display unit then buying a cheap $25 plastic shelf?

If your going to put a $350 + statue(s) on it, why not invest on a sturdy display unit then buying a cheap $25 plastic shelf?

I don't know where you got the idea of me buying that cheap plastic crap, but it never was my intention to even step near that thing.

I don't know where you got the idea of me buying that cheap plastic crap, but it never was my intention to even step near that thing.
He's just yanking 'yer crank.
That plastic crap ain't holding anything but you're motor oil and cleaning solutions in your garage. :lol

Back