Heyloha from Hawaii

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solo_bones

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I found this site during my quest for SS Sandtroopers. I sort of rediscovered my enthusiasm for Star Wars when I recently introduced A New Hope to our kids.

I then purchased a ton of 3" figures for them, which brought back those memories of a kid, being complete fan of SW, and my 1977 action figures, which I still have in good condition.

Anyway, one thing led to another and with the enthusiasm of my wife, we built a 6'x2' plexi-glass tray for a diorama for our SS Dewback and (5) SS Sandtroopers, (1) custom from KashKenobi.

Anyway, I have been enjoying the pics you guys have been posting, and although I am not a official collector, I get it. I dig what you customizers have done, and of course there was nothing like seeing Star Wars in the 1970's, over and over and over, in the theater.

I will post pictures as soon as it's complete...still waiting on the corporal to arrive.

I just scored a Squad Leader off of e-bay, new, never been opened for $113.00 with free shipping. That completes my set....I think.

I would actually love some tips on painting techniques for weathering my collection....dialing back on the SS paint on the Sargent would be a good start. Maybe that's too ambitious for a newb, but why not...ive got the time.

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Hey gents. I have to admit, I got it bad, right now. I have been scouring the internet looking for ways to customize my Sandtroopers.

Right now, I am trying to learn about repainting to match my deluxe paint, subtle, but bad@ss. I am also trying to figure out what is the best way to get a head sculpt under the helmet.....contemplating buying another TT. I just purchase a TT Slim for the marmit i bought on e-bay, because I want to swap out the one of the helmets with the marmit bucket, because they just look so much more accurate.

I also want to pose them better and just have some type of ankle clip buried in my sand display so they can look natural, without and aid from a stand.

So much to take on.....but i'm enjoying myself.....completely.

Can someone PM me with some recommendations for selecting head sculpts for my Sandtroopers?

Thank you.

Another Hawaii collector! Welcome to the boards man! I live out in Waikele :hi5:

I'm a newb when it comes to modifying as well. I'm used to buying the things and leaving them as is, but it's always nice to have that option of changing/modifying your collectables as you see fit. Good luck with your future projects.

I'm a newb when it comes to modifying as well. I'm used to buying the things and leaving them as is, but it's always nice to have that option of changing/modifying your collectables as you see fit. Good luck with your future projects.

Thanks Playa....

I'm going to purchase my first airbrush and paint supplies to give a go at modifying my Marmit, before I begin to touch my SSC Sandtroopers.

I'm having fun, learning a lot, but scared of messing it up.

Oh well......

Your Dewback diorama looks fantastic! :clap

I'm hoping to do something similar, but probably on a smaller scale. I really like the plexi base you made and I thought the rocks were real until you mentioned how you made them. This diorama is fantastic!

Last edited:
Your Dewback diorama looks fantastic! :clap

I'm hoping to do something similar, but probably on a smaller scale. I really like the plexi base you made and I thought the rocks were real until you mentioned how you made them. This diorama is fantastic!

Thanks golobulus! That was my first try at making a dio. Right now i am trying to finish a moisture vaporator, built from scratch. So far so good, but I need to figure out the best way to attach the chiller cylinders...I'm going to put LEDs at the top, like they were in the movie.

Bones

Welcome to the forums! Nice to see more locals here. I got some 12" SS Star Wars for sale if you're interested.

Back