DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I just received this email from The Battle Rhino:

"We will e-mail you once we get confirmation of the figures shipping to us.

Expected release dates DML USA-

Axel Haas 8-18 Today!

Reiss Tim 8-22

Karl Grevstad 8-31

Expected release dates DiD-

Will be announcing a new German figure next week.

Napoleonic 95th and Samurai and a new WWII come out next month."

Of particular interest is the last line. It looks like I'll get my Rifleman sometime next month and the Samurai that Dave was asking about should be arriving. No idea what price range on the Samurai as yet.

Some nice things to look forward to.

Rabbit

DiD is steaming hot. Modellersloft has this set up for preorder:

items20269.jpg

Not the best Sean Bean likeness perhaps but some interesting sculpts nevertheless.
Looking forward to yet another WW2 release.
Btw that Samurai is going for £70 on modellersloft. Delivery guaranteed (I asked :p)

Does anyone know if any dealers in the US were going to carry the Samurai figures? I was thinking that these were only going to be available in Honk Kong, but maybe not if the modellers loft is getting them.

Thanks a lot! Now I have $150 less in my bank account!!! :chew :chew

I may regret this later, but that figure is solid kickass! Can't wait to get him!

EDIT: One thing to be aware of is that this is a US version of the figure... it seems that the one with the bow and arrow, displays for the weapons and screens is the Japanese version... and its the one that sells for $320 and up currently. But for $150 I still think the figure is a very solid deal.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a different headsculpt as well (2 of them actually) and I don't think they're as good as the japanese one. Still, you can't beat that offer, the japanese version is long sold out and scoring high prices.

It does kinda laugh at me for spending $90 and overseas shipping on the Sea International Samurai, or Mr. Plastic as some will be calling him from now...

The original headsculpt is a bit more stoic and respectable looking, whereas this one (I guess) is a younger version of Masamune? It still looks really sweet and I guess the armor is the same, but with the added vest. So it should do the trick.

Crap! you can get one of these Samurai for under $200! Great, now I have something else I could've just barely afforded if it was at some other time. With all of Sideshow's stuff heading our way and all the HT stuff I'm trying to get ahead on before they sell out, I just don't have the cash.
I've got to get that Samurai! :banghead

Give into the DiDarkside... buy the Samurai whose price is now somewhat justifiable...

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty confident about this figure. I only have one DiD figure, the Helmut Thorvald and I was thoroughly impressed with him, here's a review I did of ol' Thorvy if anyone is on the fence about DiD figures.

i have this guy on pre-order as well. the pics look great, especially of the armor though just looking at it makes my head hurt to think how long it might take to get him all set up (the other did guys have didn't look this intricate and they took a while). i really dig the did stuff overall. they have very nicely detailed and intricate uniforms, good head sculpts, a ton (ton!) of gear and great poseability, etc. very cool looking figure.

Very true, they are detailed and nice, but take a long time to get put-together. I hope this figure comes pretty much ready to rock out of the box. I'd hate to be fiddling with him and damage something, especially the armor :eek:

Back