Licensed Serenity product!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting! Since I don't buy smaller action figures, I'm going to hold out hope for a 12" line. Anything has to be better than the Diamond figures.

The first set with the money and the map seems like a cool opportunity and a nice price, now we just need them to get the website live. Are they going to run the Serenity Fan Club that I can't find any other info on too?

Thanks for the scoop Dave!

In related news, the Serenity ornament from Diamond is now available at yuor local comic book store for $20. Pretty decent price compared to the inflated Hallmark ornaments! :D

Protozaius said:
In related news, the Serenity ornament from Diamond is now available at yuor local comic book store for $20. Pretty decent price compared to the inflated Hallmark ornaments! :D

I pre-ordered mine way back when they were first announced. Just got my shipping notice from TFAW that it's on it's way and I should be getting it any day now!!

My Serenity ornaments arrived at my LCS today. Nice item. If you are expecting to get one, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :banana

I picked up mine from a Things From Another World comic shop. The clerk there told me that the ornament is selling like hot cakes around the country... a lot quicker than expected. And the Serenity lighter was all sold out when I got there... not that I was planning on getting it. I have no real need for one. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Hear that Sideshow... a Serenity SELLS!!! :D

Uh huh.

Let me get this straight: They are planning to start producing product halfway into a two year license??

Looks like Icons or Unobtanium all over again.

LOL

Serenity ornament

Hallmark ornament collector here. I just got my Serenity ornaments in and took a few photos. Here it is with this year's Hallmark TOS Enterprise (light and sound ornament with base).

ser-ent-side-01.jpg

The Enterprise has a light and sound feature (Engine lights, TV theme) that operates through the detachable base (run on AA batteries). It retails for $32 but most likely will be available just after Christmas for half price if you don't want to hang it this year. In contrast, the Serenity is roughly the same size, with a nice base (designed so that when the ship is on its base, it's slightly banking instead of level--nice), and almost half the price (I paid $17 for one, but with shipping, it came out to be a little over $20). The Serenity's eyescrew can also be unscrewed, whereas the eyelet on all the Hallmark ornaments are fixed.

ser-3-ships-03.jpg

Both are roughly the same size, just a little under 6 inches in length. The Enterprise, though, isn't as heavy, and probably will hang on my tree better than the Serenity, which will probably end up on my desk at work. Overall, I think the Serenity works better as a little display piece with its base than as a holiday ornament.

ser-size-01.jpg

More pictures at https://home.att.net/~motoslave/SW-ST-Ser-ornaments.htm.

Binky, welcome to the board and thanks for the comparisons! I was really impressed with how well done the Serenity ornament was, just grabbed it from my comic shop!

I'd love to see some more information, the Mal pistol replica is awfully tempting! I hope they start taking pre-orders soon, while I can still afford things, and I would love to know what they mean by "signature edition"

Signature edition will be signed by Nathan I assume. If it's also signed by Joss, I might be tempted, even though I normally have absolutely NO interest in autographs.

And I'm sort of liking this company. In the Signal podcast the head of the company was interviewed and said about 500 Mal's pistol were ordered already. I emailed them in a panic to try and order and received a reply the next day to say that was only for retailers. So "thumbs up" for customer service! Even though they don't have any customers yet...

Dave,
I saw the interview over at serenitystuff.com and it looks like the website will go live friday. I will keep my eyes peeled for more information, but thanks for all the help you've already provided! I hope these guys have a hit on their hands, as they talk about making a model of the ship with working engine lights!

Back