Some news from Celebration VI. (SSC Hoth Luke & Han.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.E.D

Super Freak
Reaction score
According to the report on Rebelscum from the Star Wars Collectibles panel, SSC announced a Hoth Han Solo and Hoth Luke Skywalker.

Staying with Sideshow, Spitale then previewed the 1/6 scale line, which included Darth Vader, with the Sebastian Shaw likeness (sans eyebrows), the 212th Battalion Airborne Trooper, Snowtrooper, and also Boba Fett and Bossk, before announcing the Hoth Han Solo and Luke Skywalker figures. Next was the Mythos line of statues, that currently features Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as a Gamorrean Guard, and the Shaak Ti and Darth Malgus Premium Format Figures. Rounding out the Sideshow section, he then showed images of the R2-D2 & C-3PO 1/4 scale figures with working lights and sounds as well as a preview of Chewbacca, who will come with an interchangeable bowcaster and imperial blaster.

It doesn't mention if pictures were shown but now we know they are coming. i hope Trevor has got both of them, it's been a while since he did a Harrison Ford or Mark Hamill.

Original story:
https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Celebration_VI_Star_Wars_Collectibles_Update_147663.asp

Hope is low after the letdown that was Boba Fett that it will even turn out well. But who knows, maybe SSC will get it together in the proto to final product dept.

I want to get excited, but it'll be aaagggeeesss before these are actually released. Add them to the list with Dooku.

Crossing fingers for a good likeness for both. A little worried about the overall look of the production pieces too with so much soft good involved.

I'm very interested in these. It's been awhile since SSC made a human character - sure, they've had Clones, but those have been the same face with slight retooling each time. Nice to see SSC return to the classics of Luke and Han; hope a Hoth Leia is not too far behind.

As for when these will be released, I'm betting not till (at the earliest) this time next year. SSC is still riding high on Clones and they've been putting alot of effort into the PF, Mythos, and other statue lines. I feel like they've taken a step back from the 1:6 stuff as of late.

Crossing fingers for a good likeness for both. A little worried about the overall look of the production pieces too with so much soft good involved.

Surely they can do a better likeness than their first attempts at esb Luke and Han ...

Hope is low after the letdown that was Boba Fett that it will even turn out well. But who knows, maybe SSC will get it together in the proto to final product dept.

_52272673_crying-baby.gif

Be interested to see headsculpts but not actually interested in these
Yeah, same here. Curious about how well they do the headsculpts but like padawan Obi, I have little interest in this particular rendition of the characters (if I go through with some kind of Hoth display, it will consist of a dio, 2 Snowtroopers, an e.web and an Imperial Probe Droid... that's supposing I don't cut Hoth out completely so I can rationalize getting R2 and 3PO). I'm also a little apprehensive that Sideshow won't cheap out on the soft goods. Tailoring on these will need to be HT X3 Wolverine precise not to end up looking puffy or disproportionate. Despite the price hikes, SSC has just not managed to keep up with HT when it comes to human sculpts and soft goods, so we'll see. Hope they hit it out of the park but I am skeptical.

Great news!

Although, there goes the hope that HT's Han Solo would include the Hoth gear. Likely just a Bespin Han with, perhaps, the Carbonite block.

Great news!

Although, there goes the hope that HT's Han Solo would include the Hoth gear. Likely just a Bespin Han with, perhaps, the Carbonite block.
That's the dream package. When I saw this news about SSC doing Hoth Han, it increased my hopes that HT will do the Bespin version with a light-up Han in carbonite. :pray:

Another good thing about SSC commiting to Hoth Luke and Han is that it should pretty much guarantee the arrival of other stuff, like a probot, tauntauns or a dio, supposing sales are good.

I can't remember than last time SS did a human sculpt -- maybe Lando 2-3 years ago? -- so I'm also very curious to see how their human likenesses have improved along with the hobby.

I can't remember than last time SS did a human sculpt -- maybe Lando 2-3 years ago? -- so I'm also very curious to see how their human likenesses have improved along with the hobby.

Get out of the Star Wars bubble, they've done plenty of human heads in the last two to three years.

Back