Eye decals?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Ray

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted this in the "newbs" thread, but thought it might get more visibility here...

Has anyone out there used eye decals and, if so, would you recommend them? I'm not that great at painting eyes and came across mention of eye decals. I'm looking at these ones in particular:

Archer photorealistic eye decals

I've read they are a pain in the butt to trim and get in place, but if they look good it's be worth it to me. If anyone has any photos with these applied, I'd love to see them.

A trade secret... Only these have built in "doll dots" not a good thing the more natural the better the gloss on the eyes is what brings Ou that specular highlight naturally.

Yeah, the more I have researched I think I will just stick with painting them and just try to refine my technique. Can't seem to find a really good tutorial on painting eyes though...

eyes are the worst nothing but practice helps... though drawing the circle of the iris on with a pencil before you paint it helps a lot.

I really recommend decals though, just not these ones

I really recommend decals though, just not these ones

I agree, try to get those printed on clear transfers and not white background. If applied properly they can look decent.

eyes.jpg

Those are decals dtanwt? Those look pretty good! Where did you get them?

I'd like to know as well, I searched the other day and the only ones I could come up with were the Archer ones and another company's, Zotz. Of the two, Archer was the only one that had "photo realistic" decals. Also came across a lot of decals for Japanese ball jointed dolls and the like. Any help would be appreciated. I don't really care for the "doll dot" on the Archer ones but they are the best looking ones I have seen so far.

IMO decals are good for something mass produced but they absolutely no place in the custom game.

Back