Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goonsack Steve

Da' One And Only Goonsack
CF Supporter
Reaction score
aliens%2B001%2Bcopy.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to know your thoughts of the Hot Toys 1/6 lines of " Alien, Alien, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R.

Also Show your collections, custom and more on this thread to spread the Xeno love! :peace

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys: "Aliens" Alien Worrior

I wouldn't recommend getting the Aliens version. The AVP Warrior Alien is much better quality. I have them both and the Aliens version was made with crappy clear connection parts that were very brittle. I had multiple replacements parts sent to me by HT and it just never held up. The AVP Warrior Alien had black plastic connection parts and to this day it has held up very well.

HT_ALIEN_WARRIOR.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this guy was worth getting. I Am thinking of getting this guy if my Bids on eBay fail with some Predators.

I Also heard that there are infinite problems with this figure and am wondering if anyone has found out how to prevent these.

Only get this if you are ok with limbs falling off for no reason and you have industrial stength glue because it will fall apart just by looking at it. Oh, and make sure if you do get it to put it on a stand so when it starts to fall maybe the stand will save it or the other figs you have close by. Having said all that I have two, industrial strength glue and stands. :rotfl

I wouldnt get it at all. Hot Toys should of recalled them all because they are worthless.

If you really wanted an Alien, Grid is the only way to go really. Well, the AVP warriors are the same (ish) as Grid but Grid looks alot more kickass

The Predalien regular and battle damaged are awesome from the waist up but the legs reeeeeeeallllly let it down. Knees look really bad and 7/8 times the ankles will be so slack he will not be able to stand. Though, nowadays you can buy a spiderman new goblin diorama display stand for $10 and remove the spiderman nameplate from the front and use the stand for the Predalien (or alien)

I'm just now ordering the repaint version of Aliens : Warrior. I'm hoping it holds up better....

I would've much preferred the dark blue version but can't seem to find them and everyone complains about the quality control issues... so idk.

I had both. The brown version seemed to hold up a little better, I really only had some loose joints on that one. Blue version was horrible, the shoulder and hip sockets cracked and glue didn't help much at all to keep them together.

Still hopeful HT revisits them someday, or at least the original Alien with a better looking likeness.

Yet another poinless (misleading) thread (title)...

I just couldn't go without having one of the models from the Aliens film. But I concur- hopefully these get revisited. There are now 3 versions of the P2 (well one still on preorder) - why not make the Aliens line with better material....

and the marines have gotten way too expensive.

I just couldn't go without having one of the models from the Aliens film. But I concur- hopefully these get revisited. There are now 3 versions of the P2 (well one still on preorder) - why not make the Aliens line with better material....

and the marines have gotten way too expensive.

:goodpost::lecture:pray::exactly:

Mine just broke again.
Had it stowed away and took it out for re-posing. The knee promptly broke. It didn't surprise me or even bother me... it was like "oh, it broke, let's put it in a drawer". Such a waste of money.

I will say this right off the bat . "THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE ". When you get him , find a pose and leave it alone only reposing once in a blue moon . I have all the alien franchise figures and all are pain in the ass to pose . Because of that they fall and when they fall they brake , so getting a stand is a must . The good news is that this aliens warrior is extremely menacing looking and is the coolest of all that we're released . I also wouldn't pay more then 120 for this guy . Good luck !

Thanks guys, If i do get him i'm gonna have to glue the joints to make them stronger. Does anyone also have any idea how to stop the paint flaking?

Thanks guys, If i do get him i'm gonna have to glue the joints to make them stronger. Does anyone also have any idea how to stop the paint flaking?

I don't think that there is a way to prevent that, other than limited movement. The rubber wearing is also an issue, some people have suggested applying ArmorAll to the rubber occasionally.

I just bought one of these for 320 MIB - which is alot more than I would have liked to have paid but can't find them any cheaper... le sigh... :gah:

It's the repaint version so hopefully it holds up better than the original.

I don't think that there is a way to prevent that, other than limited movement. The rubber wearing is also an issue, some people have suggested applying ArmorAll to the rubber occasionally.

I just bought one of these for 320 MIB - which is alot more than I would have liked to have paid but can't find them any cheaper... le sigh... :gah:

It's the repaint version so hopefully it holds up better than the original.

Same here, have just found one on eBay for $360 which is a pain, but im trying to stay positive and just think on how AWESOME the Aliens were in that film. :panic:

When they make version 2.0 they should let everybody who bought one of these with broken limbs send them back for a free replacement.

this figure is garbage, it's cool but yes it will fall apart after a year or two of being on a shelf, I had mine, never touched it, picked it up one day and the legs fell apart in two three different pieces to never stand again.

When they make version 2.0 they should let everybody who bought one of these with broken limbs send them back for a free replacement.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost::exactly:

I've also heard that the Brown repaint version does not have AS MUCH problems as the original version. Recently i've also watched reviews on youtube and they all seem to be in good shape. ( Well in that moment anyway )

Last edited:
Back