PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Goonsack Steve
08-23-2012, 03:45 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xQhMI2zGI-U/TZ8eUPyDtEI/AAAAAAAAAwo/oLIS76h9Gjc/s1600/aliens%2B001%2Bcopy.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to know your thoughts of the Hot Toys 1/6 lines of " Alien, Alien, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R.

Also Show your collections, custom and more on this thread to spread the Xeno love! :peace

spyder
08-23-2012, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't recommend getting the Aliens version. The AVP Warrior Alien is much better quality. I have them both and the Aliens version was made with crappy clear connection parts that were very brittle. I had multiple replacements parts sent to me by HT and it just never held up. The AVP Warrior Alien had black plastic connection parts and to this day it has held up very well.

Staps1138
08-23-2012, 05:19 AM
http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/product_images/HOTTOYS/HT_ALIEN_WARRIOR.jpg
Hey guys, just wanted to know if this guy was worth getting. I Am thinking of getting this guy if my Bids on eBay fail with some Predators.

I Also heard that there are infinite problems with this figure and am wondering if anyone has found out how to prevent these.

Only get this if you are ok with limbs falling off for no reason and you have industrial stength glue because it will fall apart just by looking at it. Oh, and make sure if you do get it to put it on a stand so when it starts to fall maybe the stand will save it or the other figs you have close by. Having said all that I have two, industrial strength glue and stands. :rotfl

Kiva
08-23-2012, 05:37 AM
I wouldnt get it at all. Hot Toys should of recalled them all because they are worthless.

If you really wanted an Alien, Grid is the only way to go really. Well, the AVP warriors are the same (ish) as Grid but Grid looks alot more kickass

The Predalien regular and battle damaged are awesome from the waist up but the legs reeeeeeeallllly let it down. Knees look really bad and 7/8 times the ankles will be so slack he will not be able to stand. Though, nowadays you can buy a spiderman new goblin diorama display stand for $10 and remove the spiderman nameplate from the front and use the stand for the Predalien (or alien)

STEN475
08-23-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm just now ordering the repaint version of Aliens : Warrior. I'm hoping it holds up better....

I would've much preferred the dark blue version but can't seem to find them and everyone complains about the quality control issues... so idk.

Predrhone
08-23-2012, 05:57 AM
I had both. The brown version seemed to hold up a little better, I really only had some loose joints on that one. Blue version was horrible, the shoulder and hip sockets cracked and glue didn't help much at all to keep them together.

Still hopeful HT revisits them someday, or at least the original Alien with a better looking likeness.

RIDDICK
08-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Yet another poinless (misleading) thread (title)...

STEN475
08-23-2012, 06:08 AM
I just couldn't go without having one of the models from the Aliens film. But I concur- hopefully these get revisited. There are now 3 versions of the P2 (well one still on preorder) - why not make the Aliens line with better material....

and the marines have gotten way too expensive.

Rzeznikk
08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I just couldn't go without having one of the models from the Aliens film. But I concur- hopefully these get revisited. There are now 3 versions of the P2 (well one still on preorder) - why not make the Aliens line with better material....

and the marines have gotten way too expensive.

:goodpost::lecture:pray::exactly:

abake
08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Mine just broke again.
Had it stowed away and took it out for re-posing. The knee promptly broke. It didn't surprise me or even bother me... it was like "oh, it broke, let's put it in a drawer". Such a waste of money.

sixxshooter
08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
I will say this right off the bat . "THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE ". When you get him , find a pose and leave it alone only reposing once in a blue moon . I have all the alien franchise figures and all are pain in the ass to pose . Because of that they fall and when they fall they brake , so getting a stand is a must . The good news is that this aliens warrior is extremely menacing looking and is the coolest of all that we're released . I also wouldn't pay more then 120 for this guy . Good luck !

Goonsack Steve
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys, If i do get him i'm gonna have to glue the joints to make them stronger. Does anyone also have any idea how to stop the paint flaking?

Blade3327
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM

I nearly shat myself thinking they teased an upgraded version. Sigh...

greygoose
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM

A part of you just died inside.

STEN475
08-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, If i do get him i'm gonna have to glue the joints to make them stronger. Does anyone also have any idea how to stop the paint flaking?

I don't think that there is a way to prevent that, other than limited movement. The rubber wearing is also an issue, some people have suggested applying ArmorAll to the rubber occasionally.

I just bought one of these for 320 MIB - which is alot more than I would have liked to have paid but can't find them any cheaper... le sigh... :gah:

It's the repaint version so hopefully it holds up better than the original.

Goonsack Steve
08-23-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't think that there is a way to prevent that, other than limited movement. The rubber wearing is also an issue, some people have suggested applying ArmorAll to the rubber occasionally.

I just bought one of these for 320 MIB - which is alot more than I would have liked to have paid but can't find them any cheaper... le sigh... :gah:

It's the repaint version so hopefully it holds up better than the original.

Same here, have just found one on eBay for $360 which is a pain, but im trying to stay positive and just think on how AWESOME the Aliens were in that film. :panic:

kl241
08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
When they make version 2.0 they should let everybody who bought one of these with broken limbs send them back for a free replacement.

jnmx2000
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
this figure is garbage, it's cool but yes it will fall apart after a year or two of being on a shelf, I had mine, never touched it, picked it up one day and the legs fell apart in two three different pieces to never stand again.

Goonsack Steve
08-24-2012, 01:00 AM
When they make version 2.0 they should let everybody who bought one of these with broken limbs send them back for a free replacement.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost::exactly:

I've also heard that the Brown repaint version does not have AS MUCH problems as the original version. Recently i've also watched reviews on youtube and they all seem to be in good shape. ( Well in that moment anyway )

Goonsack Steve
08-25-2012, 02:21 AM

Im sorry guys, just really need to know since i may get this guy. Sorry if i caused problmes. :monkey3 :peace

spyder
08-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Why would you be sorry? These guys shouldn't even be posting on your thread if they have nothing to add to it.
Good luck with your new Alien if you happen to get one!

Goonsack Steve
08-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Why would you be sorry? These guys shouldn't even be posting on your thread if they have nothing to add to it.
Good luck with your new Alien if you happen to get one!

Thanks buddy, ill see what happens with this Auction before i make my mind. Also is it true that the Repaint only really has problems with loose joints?

abake
08-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Does anybody remember where the tutorial on fixing the alien's knee was? I think remembering it was quite a good method and not too difficult... there might yet be use for the warrior alien.

spyder
08-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks buddy, ill see what happens with this Auction before i make my mind. Also is it true that the Repaint only really has problems with loose joints?

I think they both had problems, but the blue one was worse.
I looked for that repair tutorial too and couldn't find it either. Mine doesn't have the broken knees but id also like to know to fix the joint problem.

Goonsack Steve
08-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I think they both had problems, but the blue one was worse.
I looked for that repair tutorial too and couldn't find it either. Mine doesn't have the broken knees but id also like to know to fix the joint problem.

Yeah i heard that the Repaint only had problems with limbs falling off and loose joints, at least it does not have paint cracking. if i'm correct. :panic:

spyder
08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
The paint on mine hasn't flaked/cracked yet but I rarely even touch the figure. I don't operate the jaw function either out of fear that the rubber will snap in two.

Wanderer
08-26-2012, 12:09 AM
It's a beauty but like everyone says the fragile ankles are a killer. Luckily I've also the far superior AvP version propping him up and they look kick ass together :)

STEN475
08-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm just happy someone started a Hot toys Alien thread with some activity. The old threads are buried somewhere ....

My warrior is in transit now, I'm excited to get him :)

Goonsack Steve
08-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Does anybody remember where the tutorial on fixing the alien's knee was? I think remembering it was quite a good method and not too difficult... there might yet be use for the warrior alien.

I saw the knee fix last night. I'll try find it and post it up again.

Goonsack Steve
08-26-2012, 02:14 AM
First off, you should get yourself 2 spare wrist joints.
I bought a pair of Hot Toys Wolf Predator wrist joints for my repairs off EBAY.

Second, get a pack of "BiC"'s pencils.

Third, cut the ends the broken figure's ball joints.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06627.jpg

Fourth, cut the ends off the pencils (remove the erasers first) and glue them over the ends of the ball joints. Make sure you measure the pencil pieces so the joint doesn't end up being too long.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06623.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06630.jpg

You can do the same thing for the arm or leg.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06628.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of pencil I was talking about earlier.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06629.jpg

Before you glue the new joint to the figure, make sure you test fit it first, and put the rubber sleeve back on.

Hope this helps.

Original Post By FACEBOX

STEN475
08-26-2012, 03:25 AM
LMFAO, he had knee replacement surgery. Jesus. I hope I never have to do this, I would surely botch the operation.

abake
08-26-2012, 10:02 AM
First off, you should get yourself 2 spare wrist joints.
I bought a pair of Hot Toys Wolf Predator wrist joints for my repairs off EBAY.

Second, get a pack of "BiC"'s pencils.

Third, cut the ends the broken figure's ball joints.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06627.jpg

Fourth, cut the ends off the pencils (remove the erasers first) and glue them over the ends of the ball joints. Make sure you measure the pencil pieces so the joint doesn't end up being too long.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06623.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06630.jpg

You can do the same thing for the arm or leg.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06628.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of pencil I was talking about earlier.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/DSC06629.jpg

Before you glue the new joint to the figure, make sure you test fit it first, and put the rubber sleeve back on.

Hope this helps.

Original Post By FACEBOX

Awesome!
Thank you so much.

Goonsack Steve
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Awesome!
Thank you so much.

No problem man! by the way do you own one of these? if so whats his condition so far? :peace

abake
08-26-2012, 06:15 PM
When I first got it, one of the knees broke pretty soon. I managed to get a replacement leg from HT. I put it in storage for a long time as it was difficult to exhibit it, weak ankles and all, but a couple of weeks ago I took it out and wanted to pose it... bad idea, the other knee (or maybe it's the same one, can't remember) broke. The ankles are pretty much useless, even after using the super bonder glue trick, and there's a bit of flaking on the paint.
It's really not a very good figure to be quite honest.
But, if the knee can be salvaged, then I'll do it. Beats having a broken piece of plastic and rubber... :D

Goonsack Steve
08-26-2012, 09:27 PM
When I first got it, one of the knees broke pretty soon. I managed to get a replacement leg from HT. I put it in storage for a long time as it was difficult to exhibit it, weak ankles and all, but a couple of weeks ago I took it out and wanted to pose it... bad idea, the other knee (or maybe it's the same one, can't remember) broke. The ankles are pretty much useless, even after using the super bonder glue trick, and there's a bit of flaking on the paint.
It's really not a very good figure to be quite honest.
But, if the knee can be salvaged, then I'll do it. Beats having a broken piece of plastic and rubber... :D

Jesus there are a lot of Problems with this figure, wish HT would just remake them. Also which version do you have?

abake
08-27-2012, 10:33 AM
The original blue one.

Goonsack Steve
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
The original blue one.

Ahhhh okay, that would probably be the reason.

Goonsack Steve
08-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Well guess what guys, I was outbid and looks like I'm going to be getting these. Hopefully I win this time lolz

STEN475
08-28-2012, 05:18 AM
LOL I was out bid on a dog alien , a lost predator and Hudson, all by one bid... beaten by $2.25. The beauty of ebay.

Goonsack Steve
08-28-2012, 12:45 PM
LOL I was out bid on a dog alien , a lost predator and Hudson, all by one bid... beaten by $2.25. The beauty of ebay.

Damn buddy, well hopefully i get this Mad ass "Aliens" Auction that comes with both Aliens Warriors and a Diorama Back drop. :)

STEN475
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Good luck ! I've seen that item on ebay, the back drop is really sweet and original.

Goonsack Steve
08-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Good luck ! I've seen that item on ebay, the back drop is really sweet and original.

YES I WON! :yess: :yess: :yess:

Yeah it is mad, i've got to do that Knee surgery on the Repaint though since he comes broken. But once i've fixed him ill be sure to post some pics :peace

STEN475
08-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Yea that guy auctioned off all his alien / uscm hot toys at once. Most of them were in pretty rough shape, I have to wonder what he was doing with them. He's the one I lost the Dog alien and the Hudson auctions on by a couple of dollars. Good luck with the repairs - I think you get a blue painted warrior as well right ? With the drool coming out ? It actually looked pretty cool in the pictures. Congrats on the heavy score. :clap

Would love to see some pics when you receive the items.

Goonsack Steve
08-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Thanks man, the blue is in mint condition other than the fixed open jaw. The repaint needs his foot / knee repaired. Can't wait to get these!!!

Goonsack Steve
08-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Well that was a complete blow-up. The seller sent me a PM this morning telling me the shipping was $1116, yes thats right. But also luck has come around and i have been sent a second chance offer from the seller of the HT Dutch / P1 Auction. Cant wait to get THOSE GUYS!!!!!

STEN475
08-30-2012, 05:15 AM
I thought it said shipping was 50$??? I'm guessing that you won't be getting that auction ?? Jesus, no wait I'd pay 1116$ in shipping unless it was same day delivered by a group of playboy bunnies.

Gratz' on the Dutch and P1, I'd love to have a Dutch. Right now Drake is my only human figure.... trying to find a Hicks or a Hudson to buddy up with him. I'm hoping the re-release Dutch one day.

On a side note, does anyone know how to strengthen a foot joint for an alien? Namely a AVP warrior... He is in pretty good shape but I'd be interested to hear if theres a way to tighten that up....

STEN475
08-30-2012, 05:17 AM
and literally right after I typed that he took a two foot dive off my coffee table. LOL time to hook him up with a stand.

Viking Spawn
08-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Well that was a complete blow-up. The seller sent me a PM this morning telling me the shipping was $1116, yes thats right. But also luck has come around and i have been sent a second chance offer from the seller of the HT Dutch / P1 Auction. Cant wait to get THOSE GUYS!!!!!

:slap I'd tell him to keep it! :thud:

(Along with a few other choice words.....:nana:)

STEN475
08-30-2012, 05:25 AM
LOL Goonsack I think we watch alot of the same ebay items : you must be the ebayer f* **f( 94). I see you were the runner up for Dutch / P1, and it's in Australia already so shipping should cost less than 1,100 dollars.

Goonsack Steve
08-30-2012, 06:20 AM
LOL Goonsack I think we watch alot of the same ebay items : you must be the ebayer f* **f( 94). I see you were the runner up for Dutch / P1, and it's in Australia already so shipping should cost less than 1,100 dollars.

Yeah that's me, and yeah hopefully it will be less than $1116. Jokes shipping is free to AUS. And with the alien foot repair what Alien are you referring to???

STEN475
08-30-2012, 06:22 AM
It's a AVP warrior, brown repaint edition. Bought him used in pretty good shape, minus one loose food, and the rubber on his jaw is getting pretty then from poking out his inner mouth.

Goonsack Steve
08-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Well you could try the knee repair but on his foot? Well I don't know, never owned an Alien lol

STEN475
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
The guy who sold it to me suggested coating the peg in super glue to make it a little larger, waiting for it to dry then reattach the foot. Not sure if I want to risk goofing that up...

Its connected with a round peg at the "ankle" area. I dont think the pencil repair would work here... :-/

Goonsack Steve
08-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Ahhh okay, anyone got one of these and wants to share this guys condition?

spyder
08-31-2012, 06:28 PM
The guy who sold it to me suggested coating the peg in super glue to make it a little larger, waiting for it to dry then reattach the foot. Not sure if I want to risk goofing that up...

Its connected with a round peg at the "ankle" area. I dont think the pencil repair would work here... :-/

I tried that numerous times and it just doesn't work. Even tried plumbers tape. The problem is that the clear plastic cracks and spreads out even more when u use plumbers tape.

spyder
08-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Here's my Alien, and also a pic of the clear insert. This one is intact but the knee is broken. It's an extra leg I have that HT sent to me.50830

Goonsack Steve
08-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Well nice, would love HT to remake these with no problems, I would deffently buy one....

STEN475
09-05-2012, 07:45 AM
I tried that numerous times and it just doesn't work. Even tried plumbers tape. The problem is that the clear plastic cracks and spreads out even more when u use plumbers tape.

I've now read that masking tape around the ball joint helps with the looseness, however I'm assuming that it will also make his ankles look mummified. I might give this a shot ....

On a side note, I got a Predalien today (used) and other than his knee and hip joints being loose he is in great shape. 160$ . This guy is freaking enormous. He is roughly twice the size of one of my predators. Incredible. :hi5:

I also got a Wolf Predator who had his foot peg break off in transit. Anyone have extra predator foot pegs they want to part with? I'm looking at about 25 bucks for a pair of random predator feet on ebay to fix this :(

On a personal side note I have to mention that I think AVP:R was quite possibly one of the worst movies, not only in the franchise but ever. Such potential with the wolf predator and predalien.... le sigh...

Goonsack Steve
09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I've now read that masking tape around the ball joint helps with the looseness, however I'm assuming that it will also make his ankles look mummified. I might give this a shot ....

On a side note, I got a Predalien today (used) and other than his knee and hip joints being loose he is in great shape. 160$ . This guy is freaking enormous. He is roughly twice the size of one of my predators. Incredible. :hi5:

I also got a Wolf Predator who had his foot peg break off in transit. Anyone have extra predator foot pegs they want to part with? I'm looking at about 25 bucks for a pair of random predator feet on ebay to fix this :(

On a personal side note I have to mention that I think AVP:R was quite possibly one of the worst movies, not only in the franchise but ever. Such potential with the wolf predator and predalien.... le sigh...

Congrats on the pick up man of Wolf and Predalien. How long till your Warrior turns up? Also did you get that Predalien from Boba Ben? If that there name lol

STEN475
09-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Yea I got both predalien and Wolf pred from bobaben, he is also sending me a replacement peg for the wolf's broken foot. Great seller, I really recommend him. Got some great prices.

My warrior is still enroute- which is surprising considering the 40$ shipping fee attached to him.... grr... ebay....

Snake Plissken
09-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Well nice, would love HT to remake these with no problems, I would deffently buy one....

It's so long overdue for the Alien franchise to get a fresh take from Hot Toys. At least we got Prometheus to look forward to. Hopefully that spills over into Alien or Aliens.

It's more about Predator at the moment, which isn't a bad thing though.

Goonsack Steve
09-07-2012, 06:45 AM
It's so long overdue for the Alien franchise to get a fresh take from Hot Toys. At least we got Prometheus to look forward to. Hopefully that spills over into Alien or Aliens.

It's more about Predator at the moment, which isn't a bad thing though.

I'm hoping it does spill lol. And I'm not to fussed about when HT will redo Alien figures because like you say, Predators are the thing ATM...

STEN475
09-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Any chance we could expand this thread to include all Hot toys from the Aliens Franchise? There are currently no active threads dedicated to any of the figures with the exception of this one....

:thud:

Goonsack Steve
09-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Any chance we could expand this thread to include all Hot toys from the Aliens Franchise? There are currently no active threads dedicated to any of the figures with the exception of this one....

:thud:

Sure buddy, will do :)

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Just finished the update man, Lets move this discussion to the

:fireworks Xeno Universe!!! :fireworks

toyrewind
09-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Sharing my photos. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7161/6541892015_365f7bd49f_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6541892957_d4a975376d_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/6541894859_54cc7fd585_z.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6122992101_780d868455_z.jpghttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/6123534062_3bf48e4a77_z.jpg

greygoose
09-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Great pics as ever. ^ :clap

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Sharing my photos. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7161/6541892015_365f7bd49f_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6541892957_d4a975376d_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/6541894859_54cc7fd585_z.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6122992101_780d868455_z.jpghttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/6123534062_3bf48e4a77_z.jpg

Very nice Pics mate, dont own any Alien figures. But i would love to start some day :peace

darkmoon2112
09-09-2012, 04:14 AM
great alien pics :clap

toyrewind
09-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks greygoose, goonsack steve, darkmoon2112!

Will add my Predalien, AVP Alien and AVP-R Alien to this thread soon. :)

greygoose
09-09-2012, 04:32 AM

Show me some WOLF Sir! :lecture

STEN475
09-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Man, those pictures are awesome. I need to figure out how to upload some. I wonder why there isn't just a typical upload format, you have to go through a photobucket account or something....

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 04:37 AM

No problem! I hear the Predalien is a buiteful piece, wish I had the room and money to get him to put along side my Wolf Predator.

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Man, those pictures are awesome. I need to figure out how to upload some. I wonder why there isn't just a typical upload format, you have to go through a photobucket account or something....

When trying to upload an Image just find the image you want, right click on it and copy its URL. After that click the "Add image" option when submitting a post and paste the URL. I would do a Pic tutorial except I'm on my iPhone ATM....

toyrewind
09-09-2012, 04:41 AM
@greygoose
Sure, I'll try to shoot Wolf Pred with the Predalien. :)

In the meantime, I'd like to share my AVP-R Wolf Predator VS Predalien dio here also. :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5044/5309830564_145b528517_b.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/5309242547_5fddf79a9e_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/5309242899_b0239aa0e8_b.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5129/5309831742_65501c28cf_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5208/5309243787_14ee031074_b.jpg

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Amazing piece, but I would prefer the Wolf vs. Alien Warrior dio

STEN475
09-09-2012, 05:28 AM
And cheers to goonsack for expanding this thread and helping to revive the waning Alien line hot toys interest!

:duff

STEN475
09-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Ahhhh i see, maybe I can just upload to a hidden folder in my facebook account. Should be easy, didnt know was so simple to copy image URL on there..... aha....

darkmoon2112
09-09-2012, 05:31 AM
i'm still looking for that avp-r vs predalien diorama :tap

Kiva
09-09-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDESHOW-HOT-TOYS-AVP-REQUIEM-HYPRID-VS-WOLF-ALIEN-PREDATOR-DIORAMA-FIGUR-STATUE-/150854600210?pt=Figuren&hash=item231fa28612

darkmoon2112
09-09-2012, 05:51 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDESHOW-HOT-TOYS-AVP-REQUIEM-HYPRID-VS-WOLF-ALIEN-PREDATOR-DIORAMA-FIGUR-STATUE-/150854600210?pt=Figuren&hash=item231fa28612

thanks for the link bro,
try my best shot to give best offer :hi5:

Kiva
09-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Its quite pricey, but it is the only one :-/

darkmoon2112
09-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Its quite pricey, but it is the only one :-/

wish have a bigger scale :clap

Viking Spawn
09-09-2012, 10:18 AM
@greygoose
Sure, I'll try to shoot Wolf Pred with the Predalien. :)

In the meantime, I'd like to share my AVP-R Wolf Predator VS Predalien dio here also. :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5044/5309830564_145b528517_b.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/5309242547_5fddf79a9e_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/5309242899_b0239aa0e8_b.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5129/5309831742_65501c28cf_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5208/5309243787_14ee031074_b.jpg

That looks freaking sweet! Looks like that Predator has a look of "Oh crap!" as an expression! :lol

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
i'm still looking for that avp-r vs predalien diorama :tap

I found a Wolf vs. Alien Warrior diorama on here selling for $385 USD, PM me if you would like his Username / Thread

Goonsack Steve
09-09-2012, 02:45 PM
And cheers to goonsack for expanding this thread and helping to revive the waning Alien line hot toys interest!

:duff

http://www.gifcrap.com/d/2106-3/Arnold+Schwarzenegger+smiling+awkwardly.gif

No Problamo......

STEN475
09-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Here are some pictures of my meager Alien collection - currently :) hoping to grow it soon ! Copying this over from my new "show your shelves" thread- if you want to see my Preds too ; http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116107

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557503_10100527761733462_728312995_n.jpg
"Cheese!" The predalien is an ENORMOUS figure. So enormous he cannot hold his own weight, the figure has common issues with hip and knee joints, and this guy is no exception.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185023_10100527773280322_226934137_n.jpg
Size Comparison with Drake. Please note the leg brace required for him to stand. "Momma says my back is as crooked as a question mark. These shoes are gonna make me as straight as an arrow. They're my magic shoes."

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/396569_10100527773325232_2071802775_n.jpg
Drake is a great figure with the exception of dastardly head sculpt.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377622_10100527773425032_1054891966_n.jpg
Konami 1/6 chestburster

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299_10100527773474932_198299593_n.jpg
Konami 1/6 facehugger

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546119_10100527773519842_1647845583_n.jpg
Big Chap- absolute must have. Fantastic figure.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395350_10100527773230422_811210634_n.jpg
My current Alien figures which I hope to grow soon- I will say that the AVP warrior (repaint) is built to last. This guys joints are all still very tight despite him being one of the first Alien models hot toys put out. He does have a loose ankle ball joint and his mouth rubber is wearing a bit.

Goonsack Steve
09-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Here are some pictures of my meager Alien collection - currently :) hoping to grow it soon ! Copying this over from my new "show your shelves" thread- if you want to see my Preds too ; http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116107

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557503_10100527761733462_728312995_n.jpg
"Cheese!" The predalien is an ENORMOUS figure. So enormous he cannot hold his own weight, the figure has common issues with hip and knee joints, and this guy is no exception.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185023_10100527773280322_226934137_n.jpg
Size Comparison with Drake. Please note the leg brace required for him to stand. "Momma says my back is as crooked as a question mark. These shoes are gonna make me as straight as an arrow. They're my magic shoes."

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/396569_10100527773325232_2071802775_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377622_10100527773425032_1054891966_n.jpg
Konami 1/6 chestburster

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299_10100527773474932_198299593_n.jpg
Konami 1/6 facehugger

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546119_10100527773519842_1647845583_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395350_10100527773230422_811210634_n.jpg
My current Alien figures which I hope to grow soon- I will say that the AVP warrior (repaint) is built to last. This guys joints are all still very tight despite him being one of the first Alien models hot toys put out. He does have a loose ankle ball joint and his mouth rubber is wearing a bit.

Just saw your " show your selves " thread, and I can say that you have an awesome collection bro! You may be beating me in Aliens, but I will always triumph with Prefators!:lol:rotfl

STEN475
09-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Ah great man, you gotta get some pictures up. It was your instructions that helped me post mine ^^

Goonsack Steve
09-10-2012, 05:05 AM
I will, just waiting for Dutch and P1 to turn up on Thursday and I'll post some pics on " Show your shelves "

STEN475
09-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Oh man you got a Dutch en route? That's so awesome, I'm jealous.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

:bouncin

Goonsack Steve
09-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh man you got a Dutch en route? That's so awesome, I'm jealous.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

:bouncin

And I'll also try get my Predator photo piece which was signed by arnold himself framed and put up next to my collection.

greygoose
09-10-2012, 08:14 AM
How did everyone feel about Hot Toys Predalien? It'd be great to have a chance of getting her again (with an updated Wolf of course).:D

darkmoon2112
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
How did everyone feel about Hot Toys Predalien? It'd be great to have a chance of getting her again (with an updated Wolf of course).:D

i love predalien ..
hope HT will remake this figures too :pray:

Viking Spawn
09-11-2012, 01:51 AM

Konami 1/6 chestburster

Konami 1/6 facehugger

Cool collection! Small - yet satisfying! :clap

Goonsack Steve
09-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Cool collection! Small - yet satisfying! :clap

He's got A lot more coming, AVP-Warrior, Aliens Warrior and I think some AVP ones

STEN475
09-11-2012, 03:44 AM
LOL Yea I have gone on a bit of a spend spree - I've got the Aliens: Warrior, AVPR Warrior and Hudson coming in right now.

In addition I have some custom Headsculpts en route; here are the pictures of the heads I was sent by the seller ;

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399582_10100528829683282_2114747871_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601587_10100528829877892_1125345908_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408187_10100528830047552_910042054_n.jpg

Can't wait to get all these items in. I guess I will have two heads laying at everyone feet until I can acquire a Hicks figure.

Goonsack Steve
09-11-2012, 05:02 AM
LOL Yea I have gone on a bit of a spend spree - I've got the Aliens: Warrior, AVPR Warrior and Hudson coming in right now.

In addition I have some custom Headsculpts en route; here are the pictures of the heads I was sent by the seller ;

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399582_10100528829683282_2114747871_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601587_10100528829877892_1125345908_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408187_10100528830047552_910042054_n.jpg

Can't wait to get all these items in. I guess I will have two heads laying at everyone feet until I can acquire a Hicks figure.

Saw those HS before, they are a lot better than HT release lol. And also make sure to post some pics here once they arrive!

greygoose
09-11-2012, 07:24 AM

They all look awesome.

Viking Spawn
09-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Agreed! Game over man! Game over! :rock

darkmoon2112
09-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Agreed! Game over man! Game over! :rock

not yet..
alien still out there :yess:

Goonsack Steve
09-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Recently made a Thread dedicated to 1/6 Hot Toys: Predator Figures, so if you guys are interested in that also, make sure to post there!

THREAD: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116193

greygoose
09-12-2012, 05:02 AM
;)

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104455

Goonsack Steve
09-12-2012, 05:05 AM
;)

:slap :thwak :lol

darkmoon2112
09-12-2012, 05:09 AM
;)

:slap :thwak :lol

you're both making me :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Goonsack Steve
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Well anyone have any new additions to there collections etc?????

darkmoon2112
09-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Well anyone have any new additions to there collections etc?????

on progress for modify my tracker and still waiting on samurai pred

:1-1:

Goonsack Steve
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
on progress for modify my tracker and still waiting on samurai pred

:1-1:

Am not sure whether to get samurai or an AVP pred.....

darkmoon2112
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Am not sure whether to get samurai or an AVP pred.....

my advise you better get samurai otherwish you will get in the same situation like you felt right now in the next year

Goonsack Steve
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
my advise you better get samurai otherwish you will get in the same situation like you felt right now in the next year

Well there are some really good AVP Preds up for auction ( Ancients, Chopper etc ) And anyway ill be getting Samurai for Xmas....

darkmoon2112
09-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Well there are some really good AVP Preds up for auction ( Ancients, Chopper etc ) And anyway ill be getting Samurai for Xmas....

okay bro..
i'm looking for that auction too ... :yess:

Goonsack Steve
09-13-2012, 09:13 PM
okay bro..
i'm looking for that auction too ... :yess:

Which ones? Ive got my eye on a couple actually. :hi5:

darkmoon2112
09-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Which ones? Ive got my eye on a couple actually. :hi5:

both :hi5:

Goonsack Steve
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
both :hi5:

What Predators lol? Ive got Chopper, Asia, Special and Samurai.....

darkmoon2112
09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
What Predators lol? Ive got Chopper, Asia, Special and Samurai.....

all of them :rotfl

Goonsack Steve
09-14-2012, 12:37 AM
all of them :rotfl

How much feedback do you have? Unless your new to eBay lol!!!

darkmoon2112
09-14-2012, 12:48 AM
How much feedback do you have? Unless your new to eBay lol!!!

wow that's fine :cuckoo: :pfft::pfft:

Goonsack Steve
09-14-2012, 12:59 AM
wow that's fine :cuckoo: :pfft::pfft:

I dont get it? :dunno

STEN475
09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
To try and refocus this thread back to the Alien line and away from who is battling each other for AVP predators on ebay I'd like to say that;

I received my ALIENS: Warrior today, MISB. I have to say that I can confirm that all the horror stories posted in the initial parts of this thread are true. He comes with one leg attached and that hip joint and ankle joint are ALREADY so loose they cant hold a pose. The socket that the joint plugs into looks cracked and I'm assuming that is why its so loose.

I'm trying a trick that worked with the predalien - using clear nail polish to paint around the ball joints thereby making them slightly thicker and tighter when they plug into the sockets.

That being said; I recommend this- buy a Big Chap and wait for a re-release of the Alien warrior in the future- because this one is not worth the 300$ it is going for on ebay. Sculpt is pretty rad tho...

STEN475
09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527842_10100545581756992_1654131942_n.jpg

Goonsack Steve
09-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Yeah I love the Alien Warrior except Hot Toys just seem to never get the Alien franchise right. Lets hope for Re-makes!

STEN475
09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Man, am I the only guy that likes the Aliens line? There are 50 predator threads thriving and one aliens thread that no one posts in....

Got in my Hicks, slapped on Xenoviper's Hicks headsculpt painted by Valery. Color scheme is a bit off , I know. Don't know what to do about that...
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267297_10100547385651972_2106167792_n.jpg

McFarlane queen is still a great figure- and I got mine for 60 bucks long ago. Kinda funny standing next to a hot toys alien warrior though.
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305083_10100545581737032_1242521859_n.jpg

Goonsack Steve
09-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I Love the Aliens line, I would buy characters from it except HT just stuffed such a good creature's design badly.... :(

Also love the custom head-sculpt bro! He did a mad job on it.

Viking Spawn
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Man, am I the only guy that likes the Aliens line? There are 50 predator threads thriving and one aliens thread that no one posts in....

Got in my Hicks, slapped on Xenoviper's Hicks headsculpt painted by Valery. Color scheme is a bit off , I know. Don't know what to do about that...
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267297_10100547385651972_2106167792_n.jpg

McFarlane queen is still a great figure- and I got mine for 60 bucks long ago. Kinda funny standing next to a hot toys alien warrior though.
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305083_10100545581737032_1242521859_n.jpg

LOve the custom! And I agree, the McFarlane queen is a classic figure! As is the McFarlane Alien Warrior from "Aliens." :rock

darkmoon2112
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM

i love the alien lines,
but it's seems all of the aliens join are weak..
so i just wait HT for the remake :lol

STEN475
10-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Not sure that they will do remakes- it is possible with the release of the Colonial Marines video game which may re-spark interest.

Check out this absolutly SICK Ripley custom made by FML- man I wish I had talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2JqrL8gzGY

Annnd this is how I feel every time I post in this dying thread- trying to pump life into it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kWNtZyuws

Goonsack Steve
10-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Not sure that they will do remakes- it is possible with the release of the Colonial Marines video game which may re-spark interest.

Check out this absolutly SICK Ripley custom made by FML- man I wish I had talent.

Annnd this is how I feel every time I post in this dying thread- trying to pump life into it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kWNtZyuws

MAD Custom! Wish i had some talent as i wish to make my own Predator costume in the future.... :monkey2

Hahahahaha, There is still some life in this thread! We just got to PUMP the Juice back in! :lol :lol :lol

Viking Spawn
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
That is some awesome custom work! That Ripley looks great! :clap

slipknotpredator
10-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Classic with his juicy trophy :)

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/slipknotpredator/IMG_0934.jpg

Goonsack Steve
10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Classic with his juicy trophy :)

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/slipknotpredator/IMG_0934.jpg

A *NEW* Predator alien aye???? :lol :lol :lol

STEN475
10-08-2012, 01:49 AM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253147_10100557371021212_546209402_n.jpg

PVT Hudson with Custom headsculpt by Les Walker himself - looks awesome. My favorite USCM.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208138_10100557371011232_253728242_n.jpg

Here's the team together.

Sgt. Pinback
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
:yess::yess::yess:

My Drake arrived today. Awesome!!!!

Goonsack Steve
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
:yess::yess::yess:

My Drake arrived today. Awesome!!!!

Nice man! How is he? Care to post some pics of the man? :peace

Sgt. Pinback
10-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Nice man! How is he? Care to post some pics of the man? :peace

Here you go:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24427

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24425

He's in really good condition, the jack plug from the smartgun to the breast plate is broken but no biggie. He needs the major errors correcting at some point, including a head repaint, but he's okay for now. :peace

Goonsack Steve
10-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Yeah agree on you with accuracy issues. But other than that he's a mad figure!

Sgt. Pinback
10-09-2012, 03:43 AM
He is a really good figure, even the muscle body doesn't bother me.

All the Marines suffered from likeness/paint issues one way or another. But I've seen a few repaints of Drake online and he's actually quite a good likeness to the actor without the sideburns and 'tache.

This is only the second figure from the Aliens movie I've owned, the other was a Ripley but it just didn't do anything for me. I'm on a bit of a semi serious marines kick at the moment but I can't see any more I'd want coming my way, and I'm having a hard time rising funds to buy one off ebay??

Goonsack Steve
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah this is why this hobby is a pain in the A$$. Also what about my man Apone? Every one loves Apone!!!!!!! :dunno

http://i.qkme.me/45hu.jpg

The Pawn
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I purchased all of these when they were originally released. Still mint in box, never been displayed. My better half is pushing me to downsize my collection. So I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to let them go...

abake
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Has anybody tried the KP muscle body for Drake?

dArko2806
10-13-2012, 09:04 PM
once I get all the predators and do a couple custom preds I think I may have to buy some HT aliens and marines. I favor predators but i still really like aliens and they look awesome so i probably will have no choice but to get some.
......but this means more money..more shelves...more space... aaaahhhyyyyyyyy:medic

Goonsack Steve
10-13-2012, 09:51 PM
once I get all the predators and do a couple custom preds I think I may have to buy some HT aliens and marines. I favor predators but i still really like aliens and they look awesome so i probably will have no choice but to get some.
......but this means more money..more shelves...more space... aaaahhhyyyyyyyy:medic

Im really on the edge for a Predalien, except they are just to much and don't often pop up for cheap. But If HotToys redo all the Aliens from all movies, Ill have to start collecting them to. :impatient:

Also Favours Predators, Because I Grew up with the movie. ( Fan Since I was 3 Years-old) :yess:

dArko2806
10-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Im really on the edge for a Predalien, except they are just to much and don't often pop up for cheap. But If HotToys redo all the Aliens from all movies, Ill have to start collecting them to. :impatient:

Also Favours Predators, Because I Grew up with the movie. ( Fan Since I was 3 Years-old) :yess:

yea me and my brother grew up watching predator...also alien but predator is just more appealing with the masks, gadgets and lasers and all.

the predalien is awesome i kinda want the battle damaged one and display him with wolf..that would be cool.. i also want big chap and grid alien

a-dev
10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
I purchased all of these when they were originally released. Still mint in box, never been displayed. My better half is pushing me to downsize my collection. So I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to let them go...

If you've never even displayed them I don't think you'll miss them.

pepez
10-15-2012, 12:18 AM
I don't know why less love for this rubber xeno. It's amazing, pose great, except most have joint problems lol. The rubber and the paint are great too :)

STEN475
10-15-2012, 03:09 AM
The only alien figure I have with no issues is big chap.

Sgt. Pinback
11-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah this is why this hobby is a pain in the A$$. Also what about my man Apone? Every one loves Apone!!!!!!! :dunno

http://i.qkme.me/45hu.jpg

I certainly do, :hi5:, pulled the trigger on one last week, he arrived today!! I'll get pics up as soon as I've got him together. :peace

VintijDroidGutzz
11-05-2012, 07:04 AM
You heard the man, elbows & @$$holes!!! :yess: :yess:

Sgt. Pinback
11-06-2012, 05:23 AM
And here he is:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24629

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24630

As with all the others flawed as hell but soooo cool, gotta get something done about the head and hands soon though.:peace

Goonsack Steve
11-07-2012, 12:39 AM
And here he is:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24629

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24630

As with all the others flawed as hell but soooo cool, gotta get something done about the head and hands soon though.:peace

Hell yeah man! Show the love! :yess: :yess: :yess:

STEN475
11-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Is anyone tracking this ?!?!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/video/production-peek/

Kovach
11-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I really wish HT would show us something, it's been a while since they announced this and there haven't been any news whatsoever.
I really hope they re-do Wolf. I sold mine (first version, not Cleaner) and that is the only Pred I miss.

Viking Spawn
11-17-2012, 02:42 AM

Looks cool. Probably cost a small fortune.

Goonsack Steve
11-17-2012, 03:16 AM

Saw that awhile ago. Does anyone know what scale it will be? Hoping 1/6..... :pray:

STEN475
11-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Looks like 1/6 to me. I'm guessing 750-900 $ range.

Dillon
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
quick question if any one knows what came first the alien or the facehugger.

and if anyone has a facehugger they are willing to sell I am all ears.

STEN475
11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
It took me a lonnnnnggggg time to get my hands on a hot toys facehugger.

If you aren't dead set on it being a hot toys model, konami makes a nice 1/6 model.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=facehugger&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=facehugger+konami&_sacat=0

STEN475
11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
And side note; the konami chest burster from Alien is unbeatable.

Dillon
11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
ya I am going to go with those they are good enough.
Thanks

darkmoon2112
11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
collection update

Alan Dutch (custom made by: Caplank)

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/72139_10151239619009494_915641196_n.jpg

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/430644_10151239619274494_1883029491_n.jpg

STEN475
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
That is easily the best mud covered Dutch I've seen.

Viking Spawn
11-19-2012, 02:52 AM
That custom is freaking COOL! :yess:

darkmoon2112
11-19-2012, 05:16 AM

That custom is freaking COOL! :yess:

thanks guys :yess:

greygoose
11-19-2012, 06:25 AM

Still hoping that Hot Toys makes one someday.

darkmoon2112
11-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Still hoping that Hot Toys makes one someday.

if hot toys makes one .. i defenetly buy it..
but in the mean while i enjoyed my custom figures ..
:nana:

darkmoon2112
11-20-2012, 06:38 PM
sorry double post in other thread

Dillon
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I was thinking of how I could pose the grid alien and the chopper predator and then I thought the movie scene where the grid is holding him up. so do you guys have any idea how I should do this? I know I am going to need fishing line or something to support the pred and the alien from falling forward. but any ideas on how I could get the "tail through the chest?"

Sgt. Pinback
12-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Kicking a bit of life back in the old thread, I've just picked up the 'ultimate badass' courtesy of top boardie Crimson Bob.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24931

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24930

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=24932

Once my Snyderman Apone head arrives and Christmas is out of the way it'll have to be Snyderman Game Over head for this guy :peace

abake
12-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Love the Colonial MArines!
I wonder if HT is going to re-release these as well.

DarthTrafford
12-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Love the Colonial MArines!
I wonder if HT is going to re-release these as well.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:
:pray:
Since they still have the AVP license I'm guessing they still might have the ALIENS one as well.
I'd love to get the Marines since I missed out on them last time.
I'd like to see them as figures,and not something you have to assemble like the older ones.
:pray:

Elder_Predator2
12-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd love a ew AVP alien warrior in the same way they did the Avatard

Dillon
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
someone post some pics of a predalien. if they have one. curious if it holds up well compared to other alien wrecks.

Henry Morgan*
12-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I wish HT annonces an Alien figure soon, I started collecting this year so I missed all the figures.. :gah:

I REALLY want a re release of the Dog Alien and a Drone, and I think its time for HT to make a good stand to display them something like this

http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/images/gallery/prototype/alienPredator/alienWallReliefs/alienWallReliefs_02.jpg

Viking Spawn
12-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I wish HT annonces an Alien figure soon, I started collecting this year so I missed all the figures.. :gah:

I REALLY want a re release of the Dog Alien and a Drone, and I think its time for HT to make a good stand to display them something like this

http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/images/gallery/prototype/alienPredator/alienWallReliefs/alienWallReliefs_02.jpg

That is pretty cool! :horror

Huggerkeeper
12-23-2012, 09:49 AM

]

I love that Ripley.
He did a great job, anyone know specifically what mods he did to the face? Looks like mouth was reworked. I bought the figure, and molded the head, cuz I like carving on resin vice plastic.

Dillon
01-02-2013, 02:56 PM
just picked up a predalien after so long and any ideas on how to keep her from falling over?

Kiva
01-02-2013, 03:01 PM
http://thedragonvault.com/product_images/x/602/DSC03282__68632_zoom.JPG

nothingface35
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
just picked up a predalien after so long and any ideas on how to keep her from falling over?

Use the tail.

Viking Spawn
01-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Use the tail.

What a cool signature pic nothingface35!!!:hi5::yess:

nothingface35
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
What a cool signature pic nothingface35!!!:hi5::yess:

Thanks man. The ultimate mash-up!

Sgt. Pinback
01-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Just got a Snyderman Apone headsculpt yesterday, and it's such an amazing piece I was blown away. I've posted this pic in the Apone headsculpt thread, but though I'd post it here as well.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25097

Now I can display my Apone and show his face:yess:

abake
01-06-2013, 09:44 AM
That does look pretty good!

darkmoon2112
01-06-2013, 09:52 AM
That does look pretty good!

agreed :hi5:

toyrewind
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Sharing my Dog Alien photos. :wink1:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8373/8365412309_b01628c8ba_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8351/8363943885_1931091b39_z.jpg

Viking Spawn
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Yesh!!! Awesome photos of that gruesome creature!!! :clap

darkmoon2112
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
nice photoshoot toyrewind

pred439
01-12-2013, 12:18 AM

Me too. :thud: :medic

toyrewind
01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys!

Here's another one.. this time it's the Predalien :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8371634995_bbda1707c1_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8372773138_3a153488e3_z.jpg

pred439
01-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks guys!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8372773138_31e84859ce_z.jpg

AAAAAAAAWESOME.

Viking Spawn
01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8372773138_3a153488e3_z.jpg

:horror :thud: :clap

Centurion
01-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Nicely done toyrewind! :hi5:

pred439
01-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Nicely done toyrewind! :hi5:

Yah!!! :clap

Sgt. Pinback
01-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Blurry pic of my Drake repaint.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25280

:peace

bigbisont
01-21-2013, 07:03 AM

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25280

This has been on my "to-do" list for years, but never been ballsy enough to pull the trigger and attempt myself. Def looks great.

pred439
01-21-2013, 11:35 PM

I was never a fan of the way hot toys did there old marines. Hopefully they will remake them.

Sgt. Pinback
01-22-2013, 03:09 AM
This has been on my "to-do" list for years, but never been ballsy enough to pull the trigger and attempt myself. Def looks great.

Thanks bud :hi5: I picked a spare Drake head up off ebay for this, just incase I ruined it :lol.

pred439
01-22-2013, 03:26 AM

It looks really cool though.

Sgt. Pinback
01-22-2013, 05:13 AM
It looks really cool though.

Thanks man :hi5:

Here's a sharper one, but it does show off the fact I ain't no artist :rotfl

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25281

pred439
01-22-2013, 05:31 AM

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25281

I just hope they remake the marines now that they have better paint apps and accessories

bigbisont
01-23-2013, 05:37 AM

So care to share any secrets to your technique?

Did you do a full blown skin-and-all-repaint? I am hoping (foolishly?) that one might just get some 2000 grit sand paper and be able to buff off his sideburns and mustache then be able to get away with just painting hair and eyebrows.

Is the face on the hot toys head painted flesh tone or molded plastic in that color?

Sgt. Pinback
01-23-2013, 06:23 AM
So care to share any secrets to your technique?

Did you do a full blown skin-and-all-repaint? I am hoping (foolishly?) that one might just get some 2000 grit sand paper and be able to buff off his sideburns and mustache then be able to get away with just painting hair and eyebrows.

Is the face on the hot toys head painted flesh tone or molded plastic in that color?

Not really what I'd call technique, more blind luck. :lol. But here goes:

The head is molded in the flesh colour, all I actually did was paint the face a paler flesh tone, avoiding the eyes, the paint I used covered the 'tache and sideburns in one coat. Then I added darker tones to the creases of the face, and dry brushed the flesh areas about four times.

For the eyes I carefully painted over the brown of the iris with a pale blue mix (I tried to do two really thin concentric circles in the eyes one shade lighter than the other, but the outer darker circle doesn't really show up very well).

The hair and eyebrows are just a light brown wood colour, painted over then drybrushed with the same colour about six times. I got impatient towards the end and added a small amount of yellow and white to the brown paint and drybrushed the hair and eybrows a couple more times.

I didn't want to get into the painting of the entire body, so I chose a flesh tone for the head that kind of matched but was not as ridiculously orange as the original.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out given my limited skills, it looks good in hand and in the right light, but under close scrutiny still looks a bit 'dolly'.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=25286

Not sure about forum rules on name dropping brands etc. but if you want to know what type of paints I used and the colours etc. I'm more than happy to share. :peace

bigbisont
01-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Not really what I'd call technique, more blind luck. :lol. But here goes:

The head is molded in the flesh colour, all I actually did was paint the face a paler flesh tone, avoiding the eyes, the paint I used covered the 'tache and sideburns in one coat. Then I added darker tones to the creases of the face, and dry brushed the flesh areas about four times.

For the eyes I carefully painted over the brown of the iris with a pale blue mix (I tried to do two really thin concentric circles in the eyes one shade lighter than the other, but the outer darker circle doesn't really show up very well).

The hair and eyebrows are just a light brown wood colour, painted over then drybrushed with the same colour about six times. I got impatient towards the end and added a small amount of yellow and white to the brown paint and drybrushed the hair and eybrows a couple more times.

I didn't want to get into the painting of the entire body, so I chose a flesh tone for the head that kind of matched but was not as ridiculously orange as the original.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out given my limited skills, it looks good in hand and in the right light, but under close scrutiny still looks a bit 'dolly'.

Cool man, thanks and it really is a huge improvement. Still I
think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a spare head. Getting twitchy just thinking about it! Def needs to be done though...

Sgt. Pinback
01-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Cool man, thanks and it really is a huge improvement. Still I
think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a spare head. Getting twitchy just thinking about it! Def needs to be done though...

I would advise it as it really does revitalise the figure and you can see that it is quite a decent sculpt of Mark Rolston under the original colour scheme. Theres a few Drake heads on ebay at the moment, some quite cheap from private sellers and a few reliable far east retailers have them as well.

Kiva
01-25-2013, 03:58 AM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2600/dscf5193bz.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2713/dscf5198.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4678/dscf5196.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1336/dscf5197f.jpg

Dillon
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
that looks so awesome out in the snow.

Kiva
01-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Xenos hate fire but love the snow

Dillon
01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
avp proved that. haha. awesome figure I am looking for one but I am caught up in the new P2 and scar. but after, this guy is next!

pred439
01-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Just got HT Celtic & Chopper in the mail today.

abake
01-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Awesome!
I love the old AvP preds. Never did get Chopper though, I really didn't like the bio or the color they used for it...

Bo Shrek
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144/BoShrek/IMG2130.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144/BoShrek/IMG2132.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144/BoShrek/IMG2128.jpg

Dillon
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
:drool:drool:drool

ugh,

darkmoon2112
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Love that alien

Kiva
01-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Its the only Alien that i think actually looks like the Alien its meant to depict

Centurion
01-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Damn, that is a nice one. :clap

riblets
01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
If anyone wants to sell a HT Alien (the original alien version) PM me please!

Viking Spawn
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2600/dscf5193bz.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2713/dscf5198.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4678/dscf5196.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1336/dscf5197f.jpg

Creepy! Darn cool figure! :clap

pred439
01-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Its the only Alien that i think actually looks like the Alien its meant to depict

I agree 100%

bigbisont
01-28-2013, 10:39 AM
figured this thread was the most appropriate place to stick this. Head is from an old 21c figure and armor is from a Hicks figure that the previous owner had stripped down (presumably to cast it?). I got it semi-affordably and had to reglue everything together. A razor and light sanding got rid of Hick's identifying paint.

Anyways... Weirzbowski!!!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/bigbisont/1-6th%20Scale%20Projects%20and%20Pics/FixedSki1_zpsfd4916a8.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/bigbisont/1-6th%20Scale%20Projects%20and%20Pics/FixedSki2_zps902dbfb3.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/bigbisont/1-6th%20Scale%20Projects%20and%20Pics/fixedSki3_zps0717902f.jpg

frodotrout
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
can anyone suggest an adhesive to reattach the tail to an avp alien, its not broken just disconnected, thanks

Centurion
01-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Maybe some blu-tack?

Kiva
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Didnt know where to put these, All alien Related Thread, all Pred related Thread, Berserker thread... well ill put it here as its where i put the previous Dog alien pics

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6959/dscf5236r.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3488/dscf5242k.jpg

Goonsack Steve
02-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Didnt know where to put these, All alien Related Thread, all Pred related Thread, Berserker thread... well ill put it here as its where i put the previous Dog alien pics

Awesome bro! Did you re-paint the Berserkers jaw piece? But anyway beautiful poses man! :lol

Kiva
02-01-2013, 05:32 AM
I repainted the entire mask, put on several very thin layers of black on the mask so to the naked eye its black but once you catch a bit of light on it the brown comes through

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6061/dscf5077p.jpg

xenowolf
02-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I repainted the entire mask, put on several very thin layers of black on the mask so to the naked eye its black but once you catch a bit of light on it the brown comes through

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6061/dscf5077p.jpg

Nice job, berserker looks great, i always thought the mask was way to brown on this figure, you made a big improvement. The poses look so realistic too :hi5:

BugStomper
02-02-2013, 10:41 AM
The bleached look on that berserker jaw bone looks incredible. Nice work!

Dog Alien is the only HT alien I own and he’s looking a little faded and forgotten now.

Kiva
02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3029/dscf5303w.jpg

Love this guy. But bring out some Xeno 2.0's!

abake
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
That's a great pose!

Dillon
02-05-2013, 03:52 PM
xeno's 2.0's ugh. I need them now. espically aliens 2.0

pred439
02-05-2013, 06:10 PM

That looks awesome kiva!!! Great display. I like the bases.

Kiva
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
thank you <3

pred439
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
when is Hot Toys going to make another Alien? They still haven't made an Alien Resurrection Drone.

toyrewind
02-21-2013, 10:36 PM
The continuation of my Alien series. Two more aliens to go. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8494656923_d1994238b4_c.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8496124735_79cb091711_c.jpg

darkmoon2112
02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Nice photoshop bro

bonestockbrz
02-24-2013, 04:59 PM
I got the ht dog alien, now I have two broken hand pegs. Anyone know of suitable replacements?

Viking Spawn
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
The continuation of my Alien series. Two more aliens to go. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8494656923_d1994238b4_c.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8496124735_79cb091711_c.jpg

WOWSERS! That looks fantastic!!! :horror :clap

abake
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
The AvP-R alien was one of my favorites!
Too bad the maid broke the damn thing...

Oh well, I wish I could find one for cheap.

darkmoon2112
03-03-2013, 06:04 AM
The AvP-R alien was one of my favorites!
Too bad the maid broke the damn thing...

Oh well, I wish I could find one for cheap.

Wait until HT reissue them

WolfPredatorAVPR
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Now that the LSF Wolf turned out to be disappointing to say the least..... I am ready to see a 1/4th scale take on the Wolf by Hot Toys!

Kiva
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Now that the LSF Wolf turned out to be disappointing to say the least.....
Whaaaa? It came out better than people expected it to. It has thigh netting, which is a 30 second DIY job for anybody with common sense and thats it. Its a success. The only let down is the price.

WolfPredatorAVPR
03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Whaaaa? It came out better than people expected it to. It has thigh netting, which is a 30 second DIY job for anybody with common sense and thats it. Its a success. The only let down is the price.

30 second job LOL. Ummm have you even read the thread on people who got it saying how hard it would be to remove. While I love the piece, the sculpt is incredible. The paint is a little bland and lifeless :(. The alien is undersized ( I hate the egg yolk looking acid ). The price is the real nail in the coffin for me though because its basically an overpriced maquette.

Kiva
03-10-2013, 06:47 PM
30 second job LOL. Ummm have you even read the thread on people who got it saying how hard it would be to remove.
I have read, and the biggest part of my collecting hobby is making my own figures, and in the past ive made several 1:1 Pred bio masks. So i know my way around a tool set and a collectible! So maybe im seeing the job with experience and confidence behind me.

darkmoon2112
03-11-2013, 05:40 AM
I have read, and the biggest part of my collecting hobby is making my own figures, and in the past ive made several 1:1 Pred bio masks. So i know my way around a tool set and a collectible! So maybe im seeing the job with experience and confidence behind me.

Can you post pics one of your work here ?

Kiva
03-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Can you post pics one of your work here ?
Ill have to dig up some

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3231/photo0012rp.jpg

The wolf mask was sideshow, but i painted, assembled and cut the other masks around it, aswell as the head underneith the p1 masks which i actually made, got the raw dreads and beads for and painted

i used to mess around with little designs and such (made this plasma casters from scratch)

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6818/spa3603.jpg

I used to only frequent avp/Predator forums when i was deep into my 1:1 predator weapon making and such but my accounts have long since gone, and the ones i have the links have expired. So i couldnt find too many.

ive you trace some of my posts in other ht predator threads you may be able to find repaints ive did, and cut/glueing and other mods on the figures. Alot of prior posts i have removed due to items i sell i like to take down so whoever buys it doesnt feel uncomfortable ive got pics of his toy now up. Im currently in the middle of a few HT resident evil customs but thats for that thread i wont bring them to aliens and robots

WolfPredatorAVPR
03-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Just takes a little common sense right :cuckoo::dunno:rotfl:thud:

WolfPredatorAVPR
03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Ill have to dig up some

The wolf mask was sideshow, but i painted, assembled and cut the other masks around it, aswell as the head underneith the p1 masks which i actually made, got the raw dreads and beads for and painted

i used to mess around with little designs and such (made this plasma casters from scratch)

I used to only frequent avp/Predator forums when i was deep into my 1:1 predator weapon making and such but my accounts have long since gone, and the ones i have the links have expired. So i couldnt find too many.

ive you trace some of my posts in other ht predator threads you may be able to find repaints ive did, and cut/glueing and other mods on the figures. Alot of prior posts i have removed due to items i sell i like to take down so whoever buys it doesnt feel uncomfortable ive got pics of his toy now up. Im currently in the middle of a few HT resident evil customs but thats for that thread i wont bring them to aliens and robots

Love the scar bio with dreads.

shadowfla
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/3150i0n.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/29c1l5v.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/shadowfla72/DSC01830.jpg

Viking Spawn
03-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Sweet collection! :clap

Furyan
03-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Nice pics. Those customs are neat.

darkmoon2112
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Ill have to dig up some

Awsome Works :clap

toyrewind
03-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know how to put back the shine on the body/rubber parts of the HT Dog Alien?
The color change of the arm from the hand is too noticeable.

http://i.minus.com/i9xLdEtMt1pBT.jpg

Also, anyone know where to get replacement sockets for the shoulder and foot for HT Dog Alien and HT Warrior Alien?

http://i.minus.com/ihWClf4eSfi2a.jpg

Goonsack Steve
07-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Hey guys, thinking of getting my first Hot Toys Alien figure. I just can't decide which one sadly lol. Which figures do you recommend getting?