attaching head with a neck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bindo79

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a beginner and need some tips and advice.. it's my first time making a custom figure, so here come my dumb qestions!
I already sculpted the head(with a neck) but the neck is solid with a flat bottom... When I make the resin mold, how would I go about attaching it to a body? how do I hollow out the neck/make a hole, and which type of body would accomodate a head with a neck? also I'd like the head to be able to turn..
any help would be great, thanks! :)

You can use most any 1/6 body that doesn't already have a sculpted neck.
Which body you choose really depends on what you're looking for as far as articulation and sometimes overall appearance(some bodies look waaaaaay better than others)

Most 1/6 bodies have a piece like this.
HTNEckJoint01__62863_zoom.jpg

The head attaches to the that little bit you see on the top.
and then the n the bottom can be popped onto a ball joint inside of the body.
124tzdd.jpg

whether or not that neck attachment is removable depends on the body you use.
On older bodies there's a piece like that..but it can't be removed like the pictures above.
It's attached to the body.
And don't have as great of a range of movement...can really only spin around.

To attach the head to the neck post.
You have to hollow out the neck enough to accommodate the top plug.
For that I use a dremel(or at least a dremel bit and a drill)
Cheryls_dremel_bits.jpg

Second one from the left is like the one I use.

And if the head is casted in resin you will more than likely have to glue it to the neck piece before attaching it to the body.
Or it will just fall off.lol

Last edited:
Wow that's great, thank you so much!! i really appreciate it.. pretty much everything I need to know.:)
I forgot to mention my head ended up slightly larger than 1/6 (ughh) i have to find a taller body,like 14" or something, to look right..

Last edited:
DC Direct bodies are 13" tall. They are the tallest I know of without going to 1/4" scale. I have a 13" Comedian body I'd be glad to send you if you'll pay postage. Send me a PM.

Old Grandpa

I checked them out, but the bodies don't have the look I want.. Thank you for the info anyway! I couldn't find any figures between 1/6 and 1/4 scale.
I'm thinking now.. maybe I can use a Hot Toys 1/6 and just make the legs longer. I want my figure to look gangly..

I checked them out, but the bodies don't have the look I want.. Thank you for the info anyway! I couldn't find any figures between 1/6 and 1/4 scale.
I'm thinking now.. maybe I can use a Hot Toys 1/6 and just make the legs longer. I want my figure to look gangly..

Are you making a Mr. Barlow?

yup! I was just going to do a bust at first, but decided on a custom after seeing so much amazing work here. especially the master Russ Lukich's barlow!
I got a 14" Kanamit now,so I'm all set!

Back