New Wolverine 'kit'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm tossing up (off?) as to whether or not to buy one.... Not sure which HT Muscle body to buy to go with it though?

Looks spot on..lol

nickcaveman.jpg

Hands, belt buckle, and boots look like recasts of the Hot Toys versions (no doubt cheaper in quality). Pants and shirt look like they were tailored the same way as HT's as well. $115 + $20 is outrageously expensive for a cheap knock off version of that stuff, though folks may pay it for the reasons Buttmunch points out (i.e., the originals are more expensive despite entire knock off figures available in the market).

Would be better for folks to just wait for the next official release of Wolvie if they just wanted claw hands.

Forgot they were gloved. Still, price is ridiculous and I wouldn't pay it. Wolvie is a cash cow that HT hasn't exploited yet, but will. Just a matter of time before we get 9-10+ variants of the guy just like Batman/Iron Man.

Ive been looking at this set for a while. I don't know though. It's definitely a cheaper alternative to buy this and slap it on a ttm19 but it's still expensive for recasted parts. $60 would be good.

Ive been looking at this set for a while. I don't know though. It's definitely a cheaper alternative to buy this and slap it on a ttm19 but it's still expensive for recasted parts. $60 would be good.

Im also on the fence. But if you think about it:

$120 - Fake head sculpt, hands, clothing
$70 - TTM 19 Body, any rubberized detailed body for that matter
$30 - additional accessories (dog tags, a good stand, etc.)
$70 - HT Wolverine Head Sculpt if you wanted likeness
-the clothes set also doesnt include the Jacket or Button up shirt

= $290 for a fake thats loose and incomplete

The complete HT Wolverine (when found) is ~ $300. I cant justify kit bashing a fake one when for only a few more $. I agree that making the fake kit about $60, I would probably get it.

Last edited:
Your more likely to pay closer to $400 for a HT Wolverine.

I've checked over the last month. I decided to put mine together all with HT's gear, real body, real hands, replica (same) head for $250.

Yes it might be a cheaper way to go but you're getting what you pay for. Compared to HT this figure looks like butt, why not wait for the new HT Wolverine thats come out? But if someone does want to get this and want me to bash/fix it up for them PM me and I'll do it for you because I'm such a fan of Wolverine I want everyone to have a good one in their collection.

Yewah.. this.... THING is VERY overpriced.
as it has no body, AND is a knockoff, I'd say 70$ TOPS is what it should be going for. add a muscular body, 150$ would be fair. a regular jointed body, 120 would be fair.
no body? needs to be <100$

If this were to become available at places like Cotswold that sell unlicensed stuff I'd totally be down to get this set for what you get. Blackopstoys parted out a HT wolverine and wanted $100 just for the hands! $115 isn't bad IMO for what you're getting. I'd just get a second HT sculpt, stand and body from the new figure to complete the look

Your more likely to pay closer to $400 for a HT Wolverine.

I've checked over the last month. I decided to put mine together all with HT's gear, real body, real hands, replica (same) head for $250.

I have not seen them SELL for over $300 the past month or so, but for those that include sentimental value, sure I see them being LISTED for ~$400 - $500 everyday. And they STAY listed.... until it expires. Rinse and repeat.

I have not seen them SELL for over $300 the past month or so, but for those that include sentimental value, sure I see them being LISTED for ~$400 - $500 everyday. And they STAY listed.... until it expires. Rinse and repeat.

You must have some secret access then ! lol

Because I've watched almost all the Wolverines from private sellers and the usually go for $380 minimum if it's on a bidding war. Then you've got postage. That's not even taking into consideration the possibility your buying a fake at a real price. You can see people freaking out asking for box pictures and stand pictures and usually the seller spouts some bull about it being already packed up. Not worth the risk IMO.

Sure you can get one from China or Italy for $250 but they are about as real as my home made lightsaber. At which point I'd rather make my own custom for that money when you add postage.

The only possible legit one I saw the other day from Hong Kong was $350 buy it now with $40 postage = near enough $400.

They might come down once this new one hits though. I still won't buy it though. I've got my own gear and I'm making the bone claws. The metal one's are ok but I prefer a battle damage look and the bone claws add to that I think.

Last edited:
Back