Spider-Man PF shipping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got my tracking notice for Spidey PF. He'll be here on Tuesday. I might be one of the few that actually kept the exclusive on order.:monkey4

wookilar8 said:
Just got my tracking notice for Spidey PF. He'll be here on Tuesday. I might be one of the few that actually kept the exclusive on order.:monkey4

did you also order the SW 12" figures, Iron Man, Woverine, etc....?

It'll be interesting to see how many people report on this thread. The cancellations for this item keep rolling in. Low Quantity Alert is up at 80 from 5 a few weeks back.

Whoever approved this piece will probably get a talk from Sideshow management... :rolleyes:

wookilar8 said:
You betcha, they're all on order. I pretty much collect everything Sideshow, except the busts.:monkey5

that is a lot of stuff!!!! :chew

I haven't gotten the shipping notice yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I think people are cancelling only because there is SO MUCH shipping rather than people thinking it's inferior. I think once owner pics start popping up there will be a run on them.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Whoever approved this piece will probably get a talk from Sideshow management... :rolleyes:

I also cancelled as there is something not good about this statue. He is not like the spider man that is neighbourhood friendly or the pose is not good for spider. It has to be more dynamic imo.

BTW, the pose is from marvel comic book "secret war"

gambit said:
I also cancelled as there is something not good about this statue. He is not like the spider man that is neighbourhood friendly or the pose is not good for spider. It has to be more dynamic imo.

BTW, the pose is from marvel comic book "secret war"

....just curious...what does neighborhood friendly look like?...I kinda get a visual of the 40yr old virgin. :monkey1

I kept my order and it will be here Tuesday.
It may not be the best PF but I think it looks fine after seeing it in person.

Darklord Dave said:
I haven't gotten the shipping notice yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I think people are cancelling only because there is SO MUCH shipping rather than people thinking it's inferior. I think once owner pics start popping up there will be a run on them.

that's why i canceled mine about 3 days ago. figured it'll give me some time. i actually like this, tho i wish it had more cloth.

Darklord Dave said:
I think people are cancelling only because there is SO MUCH shipping rather than people thinking it's inferior.

That was the case for me with the Wolvie Comiquette Ex.; I had Iron Man, the Spider-Man PF and the Medicom VCD Vader and Stormtrooper coming, it was all just a little overwhelming. Since I already have the Wolvie Vs. Sabertooth Dio It made the decision to cancel his comiquette a little easier. That and the fact that my wife would have divorced me for sure!

Last edited:
I would have paid double for this if they had done Spidey in the classic, Romita Sr style or even a cool retro Ditko-look. McFarlane and his influence is the worst thing to ever happen in comics, IMO.

BB

buzzybean said:
McFarlane and his influence is the worst thing to ever happen in comics, IMO.

BB

I prefer Erik Larsen's Spidey run on Amazing Spider-Man over the McFarlane run. I am sure I am in a minority on that one. I started collecting comics around that time as well.

It's funny because The HulkVsSpidey diorama is sort of an amalgamation of different styles. Hulk is all McFarlane. Martin Canale nailed that part. Spidey is a bit tougher to call. There is some Mark Bagley on it with a hint of Mcfarlane. The eyes are not McFarlane though.

The Spidey PF just seems a bit flat footed. No particular artist style stands out on it and that may be part of the problem I have with it.

Deadly Dagger said:
....just curious...what does neighborhood friendly look like?...I kinda get a visual of the 40yr old virgin. :monkey1

I don't know what exactly that means, you better ask Stan Lee :D

However, my understanding of this wors is this:

9002_press05-001.jpg

Back