I think there should be another category instead of just "Modern Age"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
Modern age comics, 1992 to present. Year 2012 is not the same age as when they printed 2,000,000 copies of Spawn #1 and Image and Valient came out with a new chrome cover #1's every week.

They make A LOT lower production run of comics today ~80,000 for Marvel I think. Walking Dead #1 was probably a lot less than ~80,000.

Anyhow I think early nineties and more recent comics should be split into two separate ages.

**** man, I mean Image is still GIVING! away Spawn issue 1 and 2 with the New Beginnings Resin statue for $135. If they made $135 Walking Dead statues with free issues #1 and #2...well you get the friggin point.

Todd McFarlane wipes his ass with Spawn issue #1 and #2. Cheaper and more abundant then toilet paper at Image but a bit rougher on the ass. Everything has its tradeoffs

Last edited:
It should be the post-modern age. Does no one agree!? Johnson-Tribe #1, Shadowhawk II #1, Shaman's Tears #1, Wetworks #1, Young Blood #1, Pitt #1, Cyber Force #1, Wild Cats #1, Spawn #1, Bloodshot #1 (had that ****er confused with the Punisher back when I knew nothing about comics), Ninjak #1, Turrok Dinosaur Hunter #1...

How about the "Rebooted Age"

I say that partly in jest (because I hate the bastardization of the word 'reboot') but DC and Marvel have each reset major pieces of continuity within the past few years.

Back