How perfect do you need your Hot Toys to be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikericm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since there is always such a HUGE divide between the perfectionist collectors and the I'll take anything they produce collectors, I'm doing my first poll.

Where do you fall in the expectations of HT products regarding likeness and details accurate to the film?

100% - Must be a perfect likeness of the actor/character portrayed in the actual movie.

99%-90% - I don't expect perfection, but I want it as close as possible.

89%-75% - I'd like it to resemble the actor/chararcter in the film.

74%-50% - give me something close and I'm buying if ita a good representation.

49%-0% - I don't care how accurate it is to the actor as long as its a good representation of the character.

90%-99%

For the price HT charge there's no excuse for anything less than as close to perfection as possible.

Well honestly I'd vote 100% even though I'd settle for less depending on the character. Who'd actually want less than what the company can provide if they were given a choice?

90% - 99%

I wouldn't expect 100% accuracy, not a perfectionist but since HT is charging at quite a premium price, I want the figures to be as much movie accurate as possible.

Last edited:
My vote will be in 90-99%.. Yup everybody wants a perfect Collectible Figure even me, but there's no such thing as Perfect 100% accurate.. As long as my figure has a good resemblance to the character, and a good quality, of course that would be a "sort of perfect figure" for me :D

Here some examples from my own collection Jack Joker 95%+, Reeve Superman 95% +,Joker 2.0 Preorder 95%+ Tony Stark sculpt (MkVI) 90% Do any of your agree or disagree,please let me know. I guess it really is a matter of opinion how close a sculpt is

49%-0%. I buy them because I like the characters. Don't care much for actors unless it's someone I really like, or they are iconic in that role. I never understood the nitpicking of every 1/100th of an inch on these figures, but that's just me.

Errrr...um...another thread but this time w/o the poll? You mean I have to actually type it all out? Damn

49%-0%. They are toys. They will always be toys. And they will never be 100% Perfectly accurate. I care more about the character and movies they represent than the accuracy. I just feel the people wanting 100%+ perfection are going to be disappointed every time. This hobby should be fun, and it seems people get so upset and stressed when they feel its not 100% perfect.
Agreed with most. I think I do have some slightly higher standards though :lol

But I seriously go by the simple "if I like it I buy it, if I don't I won't" mentality. Don't really care what others think. Threads have gotten so convoluted with nitpicks for pages and pages that I've gotten to the point of posting when it's reveals and when in hand picks come with the occasional in between fun chatter.

I think I fall just about any where I have about 40 Hot Toys plus other 1/6 scale figures... I buy if I like the movie more if Hot Toys nails the likeness head on...

99% - Quality over quantity. Although perfection doesn't exist, sometimes it's worth paying twice as much for a custom that comes close.

Ehh... close enough for horse-shoes and hand grenades.

You kids probably don't remember that saying...

Well, realistically I expect 90-99%, but I desire 100%. I think as long as the head sculpt is as close to 100% as possible then we're on the right track.

I'd say 90%-99% on the character they are trying to make, as far as if likeness of the actor is 100% I don't really care too much about because its the character I like not the actor for the most part. Inaccurate head sculpts of the actor is never a deal breaker for me.

Back