They call me jaimanstone...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaimanstone

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've been around for a few weeks but am just now getting to the introduction part.

I've been an admirer of Hot Toys and Sideshow for many years, just never could, "pull the trigger" on something so expensive. That is until I received DX09 as a gift.

That opened the floodgate and I currently have a collection of 6. Small I know, but growing by leaps and bounds (I've got another 4 figures arriving today!)

I've been a vintage GI JOE (3 3/4), transformers, Jurassic Park, Batman (Returns line) for many years and love action figures in general. My main focus has been on GI JOE and I have attended the last two GI JOE conventions (Orlando and New Orleans).

I've always considered myself a vintage toy collector and really have not bought anything new or current for many, many years. Just hasn't interested me.

What I've come to love about the Hot Toys line is the opportunity to buy "vintage" characters (Keaton, Nicholson, Dutch, Ripley, Terminator etc.) in new highly detailed figures. It's kind of a new world for me.

One of the things that has really drawn me in has been the vehicles. I was always a vehicle kid back in the day with my Joes. Liked the vehicles much better than the figures back then. I'm really, REALLY excited to get the Tumbler, Batpod and most especially the 89 Batmobile!

Since I've been on the boards I've been reading a lot of threads trying to get the lay of the land; so to speak. I've made a couple of buys and am looking forward to becoming more active as I become more knowledgeable about HT.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Jared

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Jared! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Well said my fellow collector. I collected all 80s toys too. Transformers. He man, gi Joe, thunder cats, voltron, etc. That's why I like these statues and hot toys. The give me a bit of everything including all the movie characters I loved. Btw welcome!

Well said my fellow collector. I collected all 80s toys too. Transformers. He man, gi Joe, thunder cats, voltron, etc. That's why I like these statues and hot toys. The give me a bit of everything including all the movie characters I loved. Btw welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Welcome Jared.

Six? What's wrong with six figures, that's a fabulous number. With things like this...they are so good that six could easily be a whole collection! As for,

I received DX09 as a gift.

...well, you won me over right there! That's some kind of gift.

Good to have you here. :duff

Back