Action Figure Elm-Studios 1:1 Emperor Palpatine bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
The Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust was finally released - edition of only #10 busts:

elmstudiosemperorpalpat.jpg

Pics courtesy of DarthRage from RPF:

fdvkmt.jpg

3026s9h.jpg

34sqqmq.jpg

2a5k7qf.jpg

Picture courtesy of BrentM:

img20120813153717.jpg

BTW for those wondering about Elm-Studios:

https://www.elm-studios.com/gallery.html

Last edited:
Only ten? Bummer.

It was supposed to be 20 busts or so, but due to some unexpected problems, Bjorn from Elm-Studios had to cancel the other pre-orders, he refunded the money to some people, and made only 10 busts - most likely he will never make others because of the difficulty in making these. I was one of the first, if not the first, to pay in full for it loooong ago. Really wanted this bust, since I was never satisfied with the Sideshow grinning version, which was too PT for me.

Here's another quick pic I took with my cell phone camera. Darth Mitchell, if you can't see McDiarmid in this sculpt you need to consult a good ophthalmologist ASAP. :lol

I am so happy I sold my Sideshow bust last year and replaced it with this. The difference between the two is absolutely night and day.

img20120813155741.jpg

If anyone ever wanted to see a direct comparison between Bjorn's Emperor and the Sideshow version this pic says it all:

89536803.jpg

Yup, Bjorn offered a limited run of these busts last year on the RPF. There were originally supposed to be 20 done, but due to his health problems and a falling out that he had with the sculptor(Cyberman) he only ended up finishing 10 of them. Luckily I jumped on board right when he started offering them so I was able to be one of the 10 lucky recipients. :yess:

I want this so badly... Missing the cool stuff sucks! Congrats on getting it! :clap Palpatine is definitely one of the best 1:1 candidates out there, and this guy nailed it!

No, it's not pink at all in person. It actually looks almost exactly like the prototype in the first picture. Those outdoor shots are really a terrible representation of the skin color and if I can get some good photos taken of the bust I'll try to put them up here soon.

Still messing around with lighting, but here's my favorite pic I've been able to get so far:

img20120815235800.jpg

And for reference here's an actual on set photo of Ian McDiarmid during ROTJ:

whitear1037.jpg

Bjorn hit an absolute GRAND SLAM with his work on this bust!!!

The bust in the photos may differ due to lighting. But it is awesome nonetheless. Mine should arrive next week and will take some indoor pics with special lighting, just to have time to do that.

Back