Hot Toys : Stand or No stand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninjaknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just started my collection in my new place and I was wondering if you display your HT figures with stands or without em'?

What are the pros and cons?

Do the stands damage the figures over time?

Cheers!

Stands!!!! all the way , unless you want your figures to get damaged over time .

Accidental fall overs
Forces of nature
Forces of God
Forces of ghosts

etc etc

Stands , that's why the figures come with them :goodpost::exactly:

Close thread :wave

i display mine with stands i really like them.
and i have never had a problem with them.

What about horror stories about the stands damaging the rubber suits of the Batman figures?

Any truth in that?

As long as you don't make it so the Grundle Grabber TM doesn't cause stress on the rubber suit.

Move the Grundle Grabber TM far engough down so that there's just enough to hold the figure up .

As long as you don't make it so the Grundle Grabber TM causes stress on the rubber suit.

Move the grundle Grundle Grabber TM far engough to that there's just enough to hold the figure up .

As in the height of the stand? So the figure does not weigh down on it?

Stands!!!! all the way , unless you want your figures to get damaged over time .

Accidental fall overs
Forces of nature
Forces of God
Forces of ghosts etc etc

Stands , that's why the figures come with them :goodpost::exactly:

Close thread :wave

Whoa, not so fast Standy McStandson! I eschew stands and all that they stand for. Where I have a figure that might be fall-prone I use a small clear acrylic hook affixed to the rear wall and loop a bit of nylon fishing line between the hook and the figure's neck or belt.

Stands are great if you see them as an integral part of the display, they can lend a musuem-style quality to figures - but if all they're there for is keeping your figures upright and you don't otherwise like the way they look, there are less visually obtrusive options.

Stand. Used to display them without, but they would keep falling over in my detolf.

Stand :)

DSC00945.jpg

Nearly Always use a stand with Hot Toy.

1. They can't often stand on there own.
2. They're expensive, no sense not being careful.

The only figures not using stands in my collection are Spidey, Babydoll and Iron Man, as they're all in ground action poses.

It all depends on the figure and you as a collector, there are some figures that have no problem standing up on their own and some figures that will not stand up at all without a stand, also figures with loose joints will fall over eventually even if you think they can stay upright after a few days on a shelf, so using stands is the way to go :)

It all depends on the figure and you as a collector, there are some figures that have no problem standing up on their own and some figures that will not stand up at all without a stand, also figures with loose joints will fall over eventually even if you think they can stay upright after a few days on a shelf, so using stands is the way to go :)

This basicly, some figures are just terible at standind by themselves and really need a stand others will happily stand for ever without, for the figures without as long as your display cabinet has doors, if they do fall they are never going to fall very far.

Personally I don't use the Hoy Toys stands as they aren't that good I go for the clear/transparent types as they are less visible, don't block the light or cast shadows in your cabinets, offer more 'holding' possibilities, and don't damage the outfits. Foot stands are also good I find although they don't fit all feet.

This basicly, some figures are just terible at standind by themselves and really need a stand others will happily stand for ever without, for the figures without as long as your display cabinet has doors, if they do fall they are never going to fall very far.

Personally I don't use the Hoy Toys stands as they aren't that good I go for the clear/transparent types as they are less visible, don't block the light or cast shadows in your cabinets, offer more 'holding' possibilities, and don't damage the outfits. Foot stands are also good I find although they don't fit all feet.

Which stands are those? Where can one get them and do you have any pics?

Stand, some you can balance without them, but they wont stand that way for very long.

I have a steady floor and a solid display cabinet. I have around 30 figures on display, and only two need support to prevent falls - SS stormtrooper which is on the stock body, and DiD Capt. Millers.

Back