PDA

View Full Version : Collection Intervention on Syfy

Darklord Dave
08-14-2012, 09:48 AM
COLLECTION INTERVENTION on Syfy

These guys ought to be paying me for advertising - but I thought this show would be of interest to our members anyway.

About the show:
http://www.syfy.com/collectionintervention

Whether it's positive or negative for collectors remains to be seen, but at least in this review it doesn't look like we come off too badly:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57603

We're talking about the show here:

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113957&highlight=collection

Darth Snoopy
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
I've been wanting to see this. I'll check it out tonight. :D

photoboy
08-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Did anyone else catch this? I saw myself ( a bit )in these people! I think i might thin out my collection, I dont have a room to display it in. So 99% sits in boxes in my basement!

mrjasontodd
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM
I just watched this on-demand with my girlfriend. Now my collection doesn't look as bad by comparison.

Bmaga123
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for posting this Darklord Dave I set this for DVR Tuesday and look forward to watching it after FACE OFF season 3 premier :-)

Colossus
08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I saw Collection Intervension and Toy Hunter, I kept catching myself pricing stuff on both shows and did learn about some rare stuff to keep a eye out for, my wife said compared to these guys I got my S#!t together :lol:lol:lol

JEDSTER
08-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I was supposed to be on the show.
I had my audition and everything else done, the production team loved it and then..... they broke it to me that at the end of the show they would want me to sell some of my BATMAN collection.... that's when I showed them my middle finger and not gonna go through with the f^*king show.

Colossus
08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
I had my audition and everything else done, the production team loved it and then..... they broke it to me that at the end of the show they would want me to sell some of my BATMAN collection.... that's when I showed them my middle finger and not gonna go through with the f^*king show.

:lol:lol:lol:lol Good for You; Jedster

Ish
08-21-2012, 08:07 PM

that is BS!! i hope you really gave them the middle finger. :mad:

Darth Madden
08-21-2012, 08:13 PM

Couldn't they have worked it out so you "sold" your stuff to your neighbor or friend just for the cameras. :)

JEDSTER
08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Couldn't they have worked it out so you "sold" your stuff to your neighbor or friend just for the cameras. :)

The way how it works is that they get an appraiser along and they already scope out places for me to sell my stuff to.

JEDSTER
08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
that is BS!! i hope you really gave them the middle finger. :mad:

Big time !
Hell yeah I did.

JEDSTER
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol Good for You; Jedster

Hell yeah man !!! hahaha :D

crows
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
so let me get this straight, these people know they are going to sell the stuff? but then in the show they act like they are being insulted for being asked to sell their stuff?

also,the barbie lady
those guys are not F___ boys, they are men, they need to freaking Move out of their parents' house, they are whining over closets when they are lucky their parents don't kick them out .....

xforce
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I just watch to see the collections and show my wife look I am no where NEAR as bad as them. :clap

xforce
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I think she has some good advice
culling the collection to a manageable size
taking inventory so you know what you have
display the best pieces
Store them correctly

My BIGGEST issue is every collection she goes through she selects the BEST pieces and says you should sell these. Cause its a show and easier than saying sell all this junk for $2.00 each. When she had the star wars lady sell the Master Replica Jango Fett blasters my heart sank, also the captain Rex life size. Get rid of the mountains for action figures that were not vintage and you would room

xforce
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
They need a show called collection review. Where they come in review your collection, appraise it, discuss it, talk about display improvements. Guess without a happy ending they would not go for it. You know we all watch to see the collection and cringe when they start selling