My first Hot Toys Capt America and busted a zipper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eterniandreams

Super Freak
Reaction score
Great,
I bought the parts of internet.
I put on the jacket and pulled the zipper down, and I was left with the zipper handle in my hands, LOL:slap does this happen a lot?
2BE18974-2AD1-4C9E-BFAD-C167E2A6F5F9-3572-000004386EB8710A.jpg

I think I will try and sow him up...

At least the kids are having fun with him. Good that he is wearing a helmet..
CE6BF46B-DD84-4067-B7EA-8B3AA85D4B85-3572-0000043A66D245FB.jpg

You can sometimes get the zip to go back on by plying it open, then once its on squeeze it back together again.

I couldnt wait. Soe needle and thread action.
0CCEA863-6E2B-46C4-8BA9-9529482BBB79-3614-0000043D30B30B51.jpg

The strap goes in front of it anyway :D

DBB7BD58-F3B5-4C11-8A20-14ADB2E0C241-3614-0000043D2AB31BF6.jpg

I really like these figures. I migh be hooked and get more. The ease in which Iruined the zipper scares me a bit though. The right hand detaches very easy too.
I thought Hot Toys were in the top region in quality. Am I jst a bit unlucky?

HT are the top 1/6 scale company but there figures are quite fragile but as long as your careful with them you'll be fine though. My advice to you is to go buy a Detolf from ikea & keep them out of reach from your kids. I know there toys but definitely not intended for children lol. Welcome to boards too :wave

It happens, Hot Toys are still very delicate and fragile. I wouldn't let your kids touch them either, they're not really children's toys considering the price. I can tell you right now that if you wanted to sell your Capt in the future, no one will want a heavily played with and broken figure.

Thanks for the info.
I already promished them this figure and cant take it away again though. That would make me a crappy dad...

It will end up discarded on the floor or bin within 24 hours. Watch it like a hawk and swoop in when the time is right. Been there...done dat! If they realize, just say you'll get them something else (from the dollar store). They won't care and they will have a NEW new toy LOL!

Being a good dad is VERY important.

Not AS important as a good collection. Lock up the toys or lock up the kids - it'll save tears in the long run! ;)

Break out the sewing machine!

(Geez. Had to edit my original comment... didn't look at the first page before I wrote it) :slap

Last edited:
There are plenty of cheaper priced Cap toys out there, buy them a few of those. Giving a Hot Toys figure to children is like opening your wallet over the toilet and dumping the contents in, and flushing. It may be too late for Cap, but keep that in mind if you plan to get any other figures.

Zipper broke off mine as well. Right out of the box.
Very annoying.

I also just sewed it up along the zipper. I used black thread and it's barely noticeable, especially under the strap.

-Ray

sometimes i let my kids play with hot toys all day long and some times in the bath when they are washing .

Back