R.I.P. Joe Kubert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-A-Tron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Industry legend Joe Kubert has passed away at the age of 85.

Perhaps best known as artist of DC’s Hawkman and Sgt. Rock, according to his biography on the website of the art school he founded in 1976– New Jersey’s The Kubert School – Kubert began drawing comic book professionally at the age of 12 in 1938. His long, distinguished career has included drawing, writing, editing and teaching, including fully writing and illustrating original graphic novels in the past several years.

He of course is the father of artists Andy and Adam Kubert.

joe_kubert_sgt_rock_mid-ohio-con_2008_1200px.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. :(

I wonder if he finished his work on Before Watchmen: Nite Owl. He was co-drawing it with Andy and there are two issues left to be published.

Sad news indeed, R.I.P. Joe.

sgtrock_kubert.gif

I met Mr. Kubert during one of his signings at the 2008 New York Comic Con. He was very kind and incredibly genuine. He will be missed, but his legacy will live on through his work, his sons, and his school.

R.I.P. Joe Kubert. Sad news. 10 years ago I got accepted into the Kubert school but didn't get to go because of money and family. God bless him and his family.

Back