Iron Man reprints/2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Mule

Super Freak
Reaction score
So,
I'm trying to read as many topics as I can, but they're all 100+ pages or so. I'll ask it directly: how far will these 2.0 editions go? I really, really enjoy the Iron Man Hot Toys serie, probably the best up to now, maybe 'cause I'm a sci-fi/hi-tech-armors ***.
But, for example, 300/350€ for a Gantry or a Mech Test are quite, well, off to me.
With the excuse they are sold-out or hard to find, people make crazy prices (I mean: 235€ for a Mark VII, and 300 for a Gantry-diorama? No way), there are hopes to see those models re-done as we saw with the Mark I and Mark II?

With the Mark II Armor Unleashed released earlier this year and the Mark I 2.0 coming later, the only other one I could see Hot Toys feasibly doing is the Mark III 2.0. There isn't much wrong with Iron Man 2 figures from a design standpoint where as the Iron Man 1 figures are very outdated.

They'll be all done again, rendering the current "limited edition collectibles" obselete :mad:

I gave up on Iron Man when it became apparent that there's no reason to get excited or to buy any, as it'll just be done again better in a few years making the $200+ one i bought inferior.

Last edited:
I can't see any need for Hot Toys to ever do rereleases of Marks IV onwards.

The Mark II 2.0 (if you want to call it that) was an easy one to do because the suit appeared in Iron Man 2
The Mark I 2.0 was an easy one to do because of the prices the original was fetching on the aftermarket
The Mark III would be an easy one to do because there's a lot of interest in it

The only one I would like to see done again would be the Mark V but that's because of the rubbish paint job done first time around but chances of it happening I'd say are zero.

Depends on how many losers harp on them to re-releasing more limited edition sizes and if they can get more money out of something at the cost of loyal fans.

They'll be all done again, rendering the current "limited edition collectibles" obselete :mad:

I gave up on Iron Man when it became apparent that there's no reason to get excited or to buy any as it'll just be done again better in a few years making the $200+ one inferior.

Well, I'm quite new in Hot Toys, I just buy what I like and, more important, what I like NOW. I'm still in my early 20's, in the next 5 years I could likely forget about Hot Toys and collectibles or switch to something else. And, atm, the next Mark VII looks incredible to me (the Mark II Unleashed already is, imho). I know that this point of view may not suit many (most?) of Hot Toys' users, anyway.

I can't see any need for Hot Toys to ever do rereleases of Marks IV onwards.

The Mark II 2.0 (if you want to call it that) was an easy one to do because the suit appeared in Iron Man 2
The Mark I 2.0 was an easy one to do because of the prices the original was fetching on the aftermarket
The Mark III would be an easy one to do because there's a lot of interest in it

The only one I would like to see done again would be the Mark V but that's because of the rubbish paint job done first time around but chances of it happening I'd say are zero.

My main concern was the Mech Test, mainly for the Tony Stark figure and clothes.

So,
I'm trying to read as many topics as I can, but they're all 100+ pages or so. I'll ask it directly: how far will these 2.0 editions go? I really, really enjoy the Iron Man Hot Toys serie, probably the best up to now, maybe 'cause I'm a sci-fi/hi-tech-armors ***.
But, for example, 300/350€ for a Gantry or a Mech Test are quite, well, off to me.
With the excuse they are sold-out or hard to find, people make crazy prices (I mean: 235€ for a Mark VII, and 300 for a Gantry-diorama? No way), there are hopes to see those models re-done as we saw with the Mark I and Mark II?

Even if they are re-done they won't be any/much less than those prices.

And the the gantry with the MK IV is already the third time they released that armour so i don't see it happening until around Iron Man 8

With the Mark II Armor Unleashed released earlier this year and the Mark I 2.0 coming later, the only other one I could see Hot Toys feasibly doing is the Mark III 2.0. There isn't much wrong with Iron Man 2 figures from a design standpoint where as the Iron Man 1 figures are very outdated.

I NEED a Mark III 2.0.

They already did a Mark III 2.0 if they do it again, it would be a 3.0 :wink1:

And I'm very doubtful they'd waste their time going all the way back to IM1 again when IM3 is next year and they're still working on Avengers and Thor and Captain America's first films along with their upcoming sequels.

Even if they are re-done they won't be any/much less than those prices.

And the the gantry with the MK IV is already the third time they released that armour so i don't see it happening until around Iron Man 8

Mech Test was something like 160$ retail, I know that retail prices kept growing in the last months, but considering I'm european... a 180$ Mark II Unleashed here is sold for 190-200€... which is 230$. Shipping excluded. I'm used to it, really, that's why I'm so selectiv and I picked up Iron Man, 'cause it's the one I like most.
A Mech Test reprint for $200 would be good for me, I could even order it from the US, pay the import fee and save 150-200$ from actual prices for a used one, getting an improved version.

I'll add that I'm asking 'cause "I have a plan": I want to make Stark's laboratory, and already planned what I need, in specific:

-Custom Lab diorama. This is the main structure, something easy, a floor and a wall with the Mech Test pattern, simple yet effective, should be quite cheap.
-Custom Hall of Armor diorama, with 4 slots for the armors, to be put in the background.
-Mech Test to be put in the left low corner.
-Moving to the right from the Mech Test, the Unleashed bonus table, with the Mark V (damaged version) on it and some Unleashed pieces.
-Going more on the right, the Gantry with an empty Unleashed in it, open helmet and some random parts disassembled and some flaps opened.
-In the Hall of Armor, the Mark VII and the Mark I 2.0 (the two empty slots are of course for the damaged Mark V and the Unleashed in the Gantry)
-Still in the background, on the right of the Hall of Armor, a custom Jarvis diorama, with Mark VII and/or Mark I 2.0 holo bonus pieces in it.

Probably a dream, I know, but I don't like the idea that a Mech Test or a Gantry cost more than Mark V, VII and Unleashed put together. Quite a shame.

Back